Looking for love? Look no further! Our love mocktail will give you all the love you need.
It is fruity and sweet, tangy and flavorful. The love cocktail is just as complex and amazing as real, true love. However, unlike real love, our love mocktail is very easy to create. Let us tell you all about it!
You don’t need much to make a love mocktail. In fact, you can create this delicious non alcoholic drink with just four main ingredients. Here is what you will need and a little bit about each ingredient:
- Cranberry Juice- The cranberry juice you find in the grocery store is usually a cranberry cocktail. This is totally fine! In fact, it is often a little sweeter than pure cranberry juice. Pure cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail will work in this mocktail recipe.
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice- We like ruby red grapefruit juice due to it’s pretty color. Ruby red juice is a brighter, pinker color than regular grapefruit juice. It is more the color of love!
- Monin Raspberry Syrup- Any kind of raspberry simple syrup will work. We like the Monin raspberry syrup because it has a very strong, natural taste. It is also a pretty pink color which matches our love theme!
- Lime Juice- Fresh lime juice adds a lot of bright, tangy flavor to the drink.
We like to rim the martini glass in sugar, giving the drink a little extra sweetness with every sip. Let us tell you all about how to make a perfectly rimmed glass.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Adding a sugared rim to a cocktail glass is very easy. Once you learn how to add a sugared rim to a glass, you may start sugaring all your drinks! Here is what you need to do:
- Pour a little sugar on a plate or shallow dish. You want the sugar to be about ⅛ of an inch deep. Deeper sugar will go up the rim of the glass more, giving you better sugar coverage.
- Rub a lime or lemon wedge around the rim of the glass. This will wet the rim so that the sugar will stick to it.
- Flip the glass upside down and dip the wet glass rim into the sugar. The sugar should stick right to the glass!
- Pour your mocktail or cocktail mix into the sugar rimmed glass, being sure not to pour the drink over the rim and ruin the pretty sugar rim.
If you want to make a salt rimmed glass, you can follow the exact same steps, just use salt instead! Larger flaked salt like Kosher salt or sea salt work best. Coarse sanding sugar works best for making sugar rimmed glasses. Look for flavored sugars or colored sugar for an even more fun drink! A pretty pink sugared rim on this love mocktail sounds fantastic!
If you are feeling extra ambitious, you can add a little bit more love to this mocktail by making your own juice. You can make fresh cranberry juice or freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice. Here is a quick look at how to make the fresh juices you need to create this tasty drink.
Make Homemade Grapefruit Juice- Buy a large grapefruit that is a little soft when you squeeze it. You want the grapefruit to give a little under your fingers which indicates that it is nice and juicy inside.
Slice the grapefruit in half horizontally and then squeeze the grapefruit over a fine mesh sieve and bowl. The sieve will strain out any seeds and pulp while the bowl catches the tasty juice. Chill the freshly squeezed grapefruit juice until you are ready to use it!
Make Homemade Cranberry Juice- Add one pound of cranberries and four cups of water to a bowl. Bring the water to a boil. Boil the berries until they burst. The skins should crack and the berry will look like it exploded.
Pour the hot cranberry juice through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the berries and keep the juice! Let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to use it to make our love mocktail.
Making homemade juice can be a tasty way to make this drink even better. The fresh flavors will definitely be noticeable. Keep in mind that fresh juice only lasts about 3-4 days in the fridge. That means you will need to drink up!
Our love mocktail is perfect for Valentine’s Day, date night or just to sip and enjoy with friends. Spread the love with this amazing, flavorful, non alcoholic drink. It is sure to win the hearts of anyone who tries it! Enjoy!
If you're looking to surprise your date this Valentines Day, why not try making some cherry blossom cookies? It's a simple recipe that will make them feel extra special and fits perfectly with our Love Mocktail.
We get lots of questions about our tasty mocktail recipes and we are always happy to answer! We tried to answer some of the most commonly asked questions here to make it super simple for you to find the answers you need.
What is the best mocktail?
There are so many amazing mocktails out there that it is impossible to pick one to be the best! We do really like this love mocktail! Our most popular mocktails are the non alcoholic peach bellini, our non alcoholic cucumber gimlet and our strawberry acai refresher. Try them all so you can decide which you love the best.
What makes a good mocktail?
A good mocktail has a wide array of flavors. It should taste like more than just juice. A mocktail should not only mimic the flavors of your favorite cocktails but also bring something new to the table. You should be able to sip a mocktail and enjoy all the flavors, never missing the fact that it is alcohol free. You don’t need alcohol to make a great drink! You just need to have the right non alcoholic drink recipe and we can definitely help with that!
What drinks are good virgin?
There are so many drinks that taste delicious virgin. In fact, we think that most drinks taste better as virgin mocktails. Virgin margaritas, pina coladas and even virgin mojitos are delicious. Browse our collection of tasty virgin drinks and you will be amazed by what you find.
What is a love mocktail meaning?
There is a movie entitled “Love Mocktail” which was released in 2020. It is an Indian romance that was quite a hit. However, our love mocktail is a non alcoholic drink that is pretty and pink. We tried to capture the complexities and amazingness of love in a glass!