Have you ever wanted to drink the rainbow? If you have, you will need to make a green drink. Why not make our copycat Starbucks green drink recipe? It is sweet, earthy and refreshing. The best part is the eye catching, incredibly bold green color. It is a real show stopper!
So, are you interested yet? Are you wondering about the green drink and how to make it? Let us tell you all about it!
What is a Starbucks Green Drink?
A Starbucks green drink is a sweetened blend of matcha tea and milk. It has vanilla powder added to make the drink really pop. The interesting, bold taste is one reason why the green drink at Starbucks is so popular.
Starbucks got on a big kick with the colored drinks a few years ago. The pink drink was the first popular drink from the Starbucks “secret menu” that got its name based purely on the color.
The Starbucks green drink quickly gained in popularity as well as a top secret, super delicious, exclusive Starbucks drink. There is also a purple drink, a yellow drink, a red drink, and orange drink…you get the idea. You can really get a Starbucks secret drink in any color (and flavor) you’d like!
But back to why we are here- the green drink!
Ingredients in the Green Drink Starbucks Serves
It doesn’t take much to make a Starbucks green drink. In fact, you only need four simple things:
- Coconut Milk - You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut milk, just make sure it is the carton of milk that is kept in the refrigerator, not canned milk which is overly sweet and rich.
- Sweetened Matcha Powder - Sweetened matcha tea powder is very simple to use. It dissolves instantly into liquid and makes a perfect cup of matcha tea in seconds. If you can’t find sweetened matcha tea powder, you can use ½ tablespoon regular matcha powder and 1 tablespoon sugar to make this drink.
- Vanilla Bean Powder - Vanilla bean powder is made from dried, ground vanilla bean pods. It has a subtle, sweet taste and adds a very strong vanilla flavor to the drink in a natural way. Grab a bag of vanilla bean powder at your local health food store or order some online to be mailed right to you!
- Ice - You need ice to make the drink nice and cold!
Once you have all the ingredients you need, putting the green drink together is quite easy. Let’s move on to that next step…
How to Make Starbucks Green Drink
Do you have a spoon? Do you have a glass? Then you are ready to make Starbucks green drink. You can make it in less than a minute! Here is how:
- Add the coconut milk, sweetened matcha powder and vanilla bean powder to a tall glass and stir well. The powders will dissolve as you stir.
- Add the ice to the glass until it is full. Then, it is ready to drink!
Once you discover how easy it is to make a green drink just like Starbucks, you may never buy one again. Why spend so much money when you can make one for much less and never need to leave the house?!
How Do You Order The Green Drink at Starbucks?
The green drink is part of the Starbucks secret menu. It is not listed on the regular menu so you really need to know about it and how to order if you want to get one. Starbucks just has so many secrets! That is kind of why we like to make our Starbucks green drink at home. But there are times when you might need to order instead! Here is what you should say:
- Pick your drink size.
- Order a shaken iced black tea made with coconut milk.
- Ask for matcha powder to be added to the drink.
Starbucks does use black tea to make the green drink while our recipe gets the flavor from the vanilla powder. Both ways are delicious! We just like our easy method a little better.
Is the Green Drink at Starbucks Healthy?
When a drink tastes as good as this green drink, you may start to wonder if it is actually good for you. The good news is that the Starbucks green drink is healthier than a lot of Starbucks drinks.
Matcha powder has lots of antioxidants. It can boost your metabolism and even improve your mood. Coconut milk is pretty healthy as well. It is full of healthy fats and, if you choose unsweetened coconut milk, it has a lot of sweet flavor without too many calories.
While the Starbucks green drink isn’t necessarily a health food drink, it is not a bad option when ordering drinks off a menu!
If you are a fan of Starbucks green drink, then you need to give our homemade green drink recipe a try. It is even better than the green drink you get at Starbucks and it is so so easy to make. You won’t believe how simple it is! Enjoy.
You Asked, We’re Answering
You can always send your questions to us using the comment section below. We will try to answer ASAP! However, we also hope these FAQs and answers help clear up any questions you may have.
Is matcha better than coffee?
Matcha and coffee are actually both good in moderation. Both will help boost your energy levels and overall cognitive function. However, matcha does have more antioxidants than coffee. The energy you get from matcha is a little smoother and will not give you the jitters like coffee does. Matcha is also less acidic and will not be as harsh on your stomach.
What is the healthiest Starbucks cold drink?
The green drink at Starbucks does have less sugar and fewer calories than many other Starbucks cold drinks. It is a very good option. The nitro cold brew, iced green tea and skinny vanilla latte are also all good choices if you are looking for low cal drinks.
Is it okay to drink matcha daily?
Yes, you can drink matcha tea every day. However, keep in mind that matcha does have caffeine and caffeine is always best in moderation.
Leave a Reply