Are you getting tired of the same old soda? Maybe you're bored of drinking plain fruit juice? Do you need something that is a little more exciting, a little more refreshing and a whole lot more fun?
If the answer is yes, then you need a refreshing spritz mocktail.
The spritz cocktail is originally from Northern Italy. It is a very customizable cocktail that is typically made with prosecco, a splash of fruit juice and some sparkling water or soda.
The combinations of fruit juices and sparkling wines is endless, especially when you start using alcohol free wines instead.
A spritz mocktail is simply a classic spritz cocktail made without alcohol. Our spritz mocktail uses non alcoholic sparkling rose. You get all the complex flavors of sparkling wine without any of the alcohol.
It is even tastier than the original spritz cocktail and the best part is that you can drink as many as you want! No alcohol means no side effects- just pure taste!
You are probably wondering about non-alcoholic wine. We know, it does sound strange. Isn’t wine, by definition, alcohol? Yes and no.
Non alcoholic wine is made exactly like regular wine. Grapes are harvested and fermented, allowing the natural flavors and sugars to grow.
Once the wine is ready, it goes through a dealcoholization process where all the alcohol is removed. This leaves behind the delicious taste of wine without any of the alcohol.
Be sure to check your non alcoholic wine bottle label and be sure it is zero proof. Some NA wines do have small amounts of alcohol. While some people may be fine with this, others may want a completely alcohol free drink.
Read that label and be certain of what you are mixing!
Our recipe uses non alcoholic sparkling rose to make a tasty, refreshing spritz mocktail. You want to be sure to choose a full flavored NA rose as this is the base flavor in your glass.
Here is a very quick look at our favorite alcohol free sparkling roses:
- Tost- Tost has a dry, delicate taste that is full of citrus and fruit. The light fizz is delicious in our spritz mocktail.
- Fre- A crisp and refreshing alcohol removed wine that has notes of strawberries and citrus.
- Surely- Surely has an amazing, fruity taste with hints of guava, strawberry and kiwi. It is refreshingly acidic and perfectly balanced
- Sovi- We love that Sovi comes in individually sized cans. You can crack one open for a perfect single serving any time! The berry flavor is great in our spritz recipe
Once you find a great bottle of sparkling rose, be sure to buy a few. Having them on hand is a fantastic idea!
You will want to make these spritz mocktails all the time!
So you already know we use non alcoholic wine to make our tasty spritz drink. But what else goes into the glass? Here is what you will need:
- Non Alcoholic Sparkling Rose- Be sure to choose a rose that is fruity, fizzy and has no alcohol at all! There are a lot of delicious options out there.
- Sparkling Water- Plain sparkling water adds an extra, refreshing fizz to the glass.
- Pomegranate Juice- A little pomegranate juice makes our spritz very fruity, sweet and tart. It also makes the drink a pretty pink color
- Orange Juice- A little orange juice gives the spritz a bright, citrus taste. Use fresh squeezed juice if possible for the best flavor.
We like to garnish our spritz with an orange peel twist. It adds a bold color to the glass and is such an easy garnish to make.
Just use a very sharp knife to cut a strip of the orange peel, give it a little twist and you are ready to go!
Our spritz mocktail is so super simple to put together. It takes mere minutes to make a perfect, bubbly, refreshing drink. Here is what you need to do:
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Pour in the sparkling rose. Be sure to tip the glass towards the bottle to reduce the fizz
- Add the sparkling water, pomegranate juice and orange juice
- Add a garnish and enjoy!
Some people like to give the spritz mocktail a quick stir after adding the ingredients to the glass. This will mix everything together nicely.
We like to leave the drink unstirred so that it has a pretty, ombre look. Stir or don’t stir, that choice is yours! The spritz drink will be delicious either way!
We highly recommend giving our spritz mocktail a try. It is fruity, refreshing and pretty easy to make. It also looks beautiful in a tall glass, covered in cold dew drops, with a pretty straw, by the beach…
Can you picture it? Do you want it? Then go make it right now!! Enjoy
Do you have questions about our tasty spritz? Hopefully we answer them here! If there is something you are still wondering, leave a comment below and we will try to answer ASAP.
What does spritz mean in drinks?
A spritz drink is a wine based drink that is made with sparkling soda water. The word spritz means that the drink has bubbles added to the mix, making it fizzy and fresh. Spritz drinks are usually served in a highball glass or a fancy martini glass.
Is spritz non-alcoholic?
Our spritz drink is non alcoholic because we use alcohol free sparkling rose wine. Most spritz cocktails do have alcohol so be sure to double check the alcohol content before you start drinking!
How many types of spritz are there?
You can use this recipe to make endless types of spritz. Use different types of fruit juice in place of pomegranate and orange juice. Try pineapple juice, cranberry juice or even mango juice to switch it up.
Mimic the flavors of your sparkling wine with your juice choices and your spritz is sure to be delicious!