We recently had iced white tea at a pretty fancy restaurant and we were blown away. It was delicious! Then, we started seeing white iced teas everywhere. They are definitely a new trend and we wanted to jump on board.
We created a tropical iced white tea recipe that is made with guava juice and lemonade. It is almost like a fruity white Arnold Palmer. It is an incredible drink to help you cool down in the summer and definitely a perfect drink to serve at a brunch or party. You absolutely must try it!
So what is considered as white tea? Many teas out there have a pale color so what makes true white tea? White tea is made from the camellia sinensis plant. The leaves and buds of the plant are picked before they are completely opened so they are quite delicate. When the plant is young like this, it is completely covered in small white hairs which is how the tea gets its name.
White tea is much lighter and more delicate than other types of tea. It is naturally sweet and is not at all bitter. Many people find white tea to be very easy to drink.
Yes, white tea does have caffeine. However, white tea has less caffeine than black tea or green tea. The average cup of white tea has about 10mg of caffeine per serving. This is much less than a cup of coffee which contains around 80mg of caffeine and also less than black tea which has around 40mg of caffeine.
So, white tea caffeine is real, it is much less than other tea and coffee drinks.
Wondering what is the healthiest tea? The true answer is that it is a tie. Both green tea and white tea are quite healthy, especially when enjoyed without sweeteners or additives. However, white tea does have more antioxidants than green tea.
The only problem is that true white tea is harder to find and more expensive while you can get green tea just about everywhere. Which brings us to our next point…
The process of making white tea can be challenging which is why the tea comes with a high price tag. White tea needs to be harvested at the exact right time while the plant is young. It is not heavily processed so the tea needs to be of the highest quality. All of these factors boost up the price. But it is definitely worth it!
White tea has a high concentration of catechins. Catechins have been shown to increase metabolism which can help you lose weight. It may specifically help you lose fat from your belly.
In addition to catechins, white tea contains caffeine. Caffeine can increase your energy levels and help you lose weight as well. Seems like white tea is a true winner!
Our guava iced white tea lemonade is truly amazing. It is also pretty simple to make. Here are the ingredients you need for iced white tea with guava and lemonade:
- Water- Hot water is needed to brew the white tea
- White Tea bag- Be sure to get 100% white tea. Organic white tea is best. There are many different brands and types of white tea to choose from but Twinings 100% White Tea is pretty easy to find and very good.
- Sugar- A little sugar makes this iced white tea perfectly sweet. You can skip the sugar if you like unsweetened tea or use stevia for a low carb version.
- Guava Juice- You can find cans of guava juice in the Mexican food section of your grocery store. Sometimes there is guava puree in the freezer section of the grocery store as well. Look for pure guava juice without any sweeteners. If all you can find is sweetened juice, just be sure to give it a taste and adjust or eliminate the sugar in the recipe as needed.
- Lemonade- A little bit of lemonade helps brighten the tea and really brings it to life. Look for lemonde that is low sugar or try making your own with our super easy lemonade recipe.
Once you have all the ingredients you need, here is what you need to do next:
- Brew the white tea with the hot water. Stir in the sugar and then cool.
- Add the chilled white tea to a pitcher and add the guava juice and lemonade.
- Stir everything together well then pour over ice and enjoy!
Our iced white tea is easy to double or triple. It is such a great drink to have in a nice drink dispenser at a party. It is also amazing just to keep in your fridge for yourself. You deserve a delicious drink every day!
Are you looking for a tasty appetizer recipe for your party? Impress your party guests with this gluten free spinach artichoke dip together with our iced white tea - everyone is sure to love it!
So does white tea sound like it is going to be your new go-to drink? Because it is definitely one of ours! We adore white tea and especially love this iced white tea recipe with guava juice and lemonade. It is the perfect blend of floral, fruit and tart. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Do you have questions about our recipes? Feel free to use them in the comment section below and we will answer ASAP. In the meantime, take a look at these frequently asked questions and answers and hopefully they help you out.
Is iced white tea good for you?
White tea has lots of benefits. It is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins and minerals. White tea has been shown to lower the risk of cancers. Just be sure to drink iced white tea that is low in sugar so you aren’t consuming too many calories and carbs.
What is an iced white tea?
Our iced white tea is made with brewed white tea, sugar, guava juice and lemonade. It is a fruity, tropical tea that is a new, sweet twist on the old fashioned Arnold Palmer drink.
What does white tea taste like?
White tea has a slightly fruity taste that is also a little floral. It has notes of honey and an overall mild taste. Every brand of white tea will be different so be sure to try a few in order to find your favorite.