A classic drink with a fresh, non-alcoholic twist - irresistible & easy to make mocktail!
The gimlet is a classic cocktail that has been around for decades. In fact, it is almost centuries old! A drink that has this long lasting power has to be good. That is why we decided to take this timeless drink and give it a new twist. A non-alcoholic twist!
What is a Gimlet?
A traditional gimlet is made with any favorite gin and lime juice – that’s it! In fact, gimlet aficionados say that nothing else can be added to the drink or it is not a “real” gimlet. However, we beg to differ…
Ingredients in a Cucumber Gimlet
You may have seen cucumber gimlets in the past that use cucumber gin to add flavor. We omit the usual gin and, instead, add crisp, cool, fresh cucumber to the mix. Here is everything you need to make a muddled cucumber gimlet:
- Club Soda- Club soda is a must for a gimlet. We love how it makes the drink fizzy and refreshing.
- Fresh Cucumber- English cucumber or regular, dark green cucumbers will work.
- Sugar- Coarse sugar helps to make the muddled cucumber into smaller pieces. It also extracts some of the natural cucumber juice.
- Lime- Fresh lime juice is what makes a gimlet so flavorful. Use real lime juice rather than Roses lime juice that is found in some gimlet recipes. It makes a huge difference!
- Simple syrup- Simple syrup makes the gimlet sweet and easy to drink
As you can see, the ingredients for a cucumber gimlet are pretty simple. There is nothing on this list that you can’t find in a grocery store! You don’t need fancy Hendricks gin to make a good gimlet.
It is sweet and refreshing, easy to make...
How to Make a Cucumber Gimlet Mocktail
Cucumber gimlet cocktails are super easy to make. Even though the drink is non-alcoholic, we still use classic cocktail mixing methods to make this drink.
- Start by adding the cucumber slices and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the two ingredients together to smash the cucumber. This will help get out a lot of the juice inside the veggie.
- Add the lime juice and simple syrup to the shaker, cover and shake vigorously. Mix those ingredient up and get them nice and frothy!
- Pour the powerful drink over ice.
- Top with some fizzy club soda and you are ready to enjoy!
The result is a drink that you will absolutely love! It is sweet and refreshing, easy to make, and very easy to drink.
What Kind of Glass Do I Use For a Gimlet Mocktail?
A stemmed cocktail glass is a traditional glass to use for a gimlet. Any kind of martini glass will do! You can also serve our delicious cucumber gimlet in a simple highball glass. The drink is so good that any pretty glass will do. Even a simple juice glass will work.
What to Add to a Virgin Gimlet
We have already made our gimlet recipe unique. Eliminating the gin and adding a cucumber instantly takes this classic drink into the twenty-first century! There are a few more things you can do to make your gimlet even more flavorful. Here are some of our ideas:
- Muddle a fresh basil leaf with the cucumber and sugar
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice
- Replace the club soda with flavored seltzer
- Muddle a min leaf with the cucumber and sugar
- Use honey in place of sugar
Do you have a great gimlet idea? Let us know! We adore our virgin cucumber gimlet but we would love to try something new and exciting! Send us a message and give us all your ideas. You can never have too many great non-alcoholic drink recipes on hand!
Are you looking for more classic mocktail recipes?
- 10 Best Famous Mocktails to Make at Home
- «Cosmocktailian» Mocktail - Signature Collection
- Refreshing Paloma Mocktail
- Watermelon Margarita Mocktail
- Cranberry Basil Sangria Mocktail
- Raspberry Virgin Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Acai Refresher