The perfect, decadent mocktail that is as rich and tasty as it looks!
Sometimes you really need a drink that is over the top delicious. A drink that is rich, flavorful and completely sinful. If you are feeling like you need a drink like that, then this chocolate mocktail recipe is for you!
Our non alcoholic chocolate martinis are any chocolate lovers dream come true. They are full of luscious chocolate flavor and surprisingly easy to make. Serve the chocolate mocktails in a fancy, chocolate covered martini glass and you have the perfect drink!
Let us tell you all about our chocolate mocktail martini so you can start shaking up a few of your own drinks.
What is in a Chocolate Mocktail?
Our chocolate martini mocktails only use a few simple ingredients. Of course chocolate is one of them!
Here is what we use to mix up our tasty non alcoholic chocolate martinis.
- Milk- Whole milk is perfect for this recipe as it gets nice and foamy in the cocktail shaker. You can use any kind of milk you’d like, even dairy free milks like coconut or almond milk. Skim milk will work too. Just keep in mind the chocolate mocktail will not be quite as creamy or rich when using milk alternatives.
- Chocolate syrup- Chocolate syrup is blended into the mocktail and also used to decorate the martini glass. We like Hershey’s extra dark chocolate syrup but any kid will do. Even a homemade ganache will work perfectly in this mocktail recipe.
- Chocolate flakes- Chocolate flakes are ideal for rimming the glass. They melt in your mouth quickly and have a delicate, pretty look.
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla extract brings out the chocolate taste in the drink. Vanilla enhances the flavor and adds another layer of interest to the drink.
- Sea salt- Salt enhances the flavor of the chocolate mocktail and brings out the sweetness of the chocolate. Salt blocks bitter tastes so all you will enjoy is the sugary taste of the chocolate.
- Ice- Ice chills the mocktail perfectly. Try using crushed ice to make the chocolate martini even more frothy and cold.
As you can see, it doesn’t take a whole lot of ingredients to create a wonderful mocktail. All you need are a few, simple ingredients that you probably have at home.
Maybe you can make this non alcoholic chocolate martini right now!
How to Make a Chocolate Mocktail Martini
Putting our chocolate martini mocktail together only takes about 3 minutes. You can be sipping on this luxurious drink in no time! Here is how it’s done.
- Drizzle your martini glasses in chocolate and dip the rim in the chocolate flakes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker and give it a really good shake. The longer you shake, the frothier and colder the drink will be.
- Strain the mocktail into the prepared glasses and enjoy!
We have also made this mocktail using a blender. If you want a frozen chocolate martini mocktail, simply add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and puree until smooth.
A frozen hot chocolate martini is a perfect way to cool down in the summer and still get your chocolate fix!
Fancy Mocktail Ideas
We love our chocolate martini mocktail and think it is just perfect. However, if you want to make your drink a little fancier or a little different, try these alterations.
- Add 1 shot of cold espresso to make a mocha mocktail martini
- Use chocolate sprinkles to rim the glass
- Use peppermint extract in place of vanilla for a chocolate mint mocktail (perfect as a non alcoholic holiday drink!)
- Add a small scoop of chocolate ice cream as a garnish
- Serve the drink with a candy can garnish for another festive twist
If you think of any creative, delicious ways to make this chocolate martini even better, let us know! We are always looking for new, exciting ideas to make our drinks perfect.
You Asked, We’re Answering
There are a lot of people out there who adore this delicious chocolate mocktail. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about this drink. Hopefully the answers will help you whip up the perfect chocolate drink!
Which is the best mocktail?
We are pretty big fans of this chocolate martini mocktail! There are hundreds of delicious mocktail recipes out there and our site is full of them. Take a look in the mocktail section of our page and you will surely find a recipe that is perfect for you.
Is mocktail alcoholic or not?
Mocktails do not have alcohol.
What is a chocolate martini made of?
A traditional chocolate martini has chocolate liquor, crème de cacao, milk and vodka. Of course, our chocolate martini mocktail has none of those alcoholic ingredients. We use chocolate syrup, milk, vanilla, salt and chocolate flakes to garnish the glass.
Why is mocktail called mocktail?
The work mocktail is a combination of the word “mock” and “cocktail”. It got this name since it is a fake cocktail. Also, the work mocktail is pretty catchy!