We know that Starbucks sets a lot of the drink trends so we try to keep up as best we can. Of course, we also love to create our own drinks based on what is popular. We know that Starbucks refreshers are popular and we also know that kiwi and starfruit are pretty popular as well. So why not combine all these things into one, amazing drink? That is just what we did! And we came up with the most refreshing, delicious kiwi starfruit refresher you have ever had.
What is a Refresher?
Before we start telling you how to make a refresher, we should probably tell you exactly what a refresher is. A refresher is a cold drink that is lightly caffeinated. It is usually fruity and sometimes made with a little bit of freeze dried fruit. Refreshers are sweet and, well, refreshing!
Ingredients in a Kiwi Star Fruit Refresher
When we thought about the ingredients we needed to use to make our kiwi star fruit refresher, Starbucks was the first place we looked for inspiration. We looked at what goes into a Starbucks kiwi starfruit refresher and then created our recipe based on the popular coffee shop drink. Here is what we put into our Starbucks kiwi star fruit refresher:
- Sugar- A little pure sugar makes our refresher perfectly sweet.
- Water- We need water to make the best drink possible. Refreshers are mostly made from water which makes them very hydrating and filling.
- Vanilla Extract- A touch of vanilla extract gives the drink sweetness and also makes the refresher a little more rich.
- Lemon Juice- Lemon juice makes the refresher tangy and bright.
- Starfruit- Starfruit is the star of the show in our refresher. Starfruit has a sweet, mild taste that is also mildly sour. Many people compare starfruit to a blend of a grape, green apple and a grapefruit. It is a unique and delicious fruit for sure!
- Kiwi- Kiwi has a bold, citrusy taste. It is also pleasantly sweet. We especially love the bright, bold green color of kiwi that makes our refresher look as awesome as it tastes.
- Green Coffee Extract Powder- Almost all Starbucks refreshers have green coffee extract which adds a little bit of caffeine to the drink. Green coffee extract powder doesn’t have a very strong taste, or any taste at all really. It will simply add some caffeine to your refresher in a subtle way.
How to Make a Starfruit Kiwi Refresher Starbucks Copycat
Making a Kiwi star fruit refresher is a pretty easy process. Anyone can make this drink which is all the more reason to skip the pricey Starbucks refreshers and just make your own. You will easily be able to master the drink!
Here is a quick look at how to make a kiwi starfruit refresher that will be better than any Starbucks drink you have ever tried.
- Start by making a lemon simple syrup. All you need to do is boil the water and sugar then mix in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Set the syrup aside to cool.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, including the chilled lemon syrup. Puree until very smooth.
- Pour the mix through a fine mesh sieve. You can skip the straining if you’d like a thicker, smoothie-like drink but most refreshers are thinner and similar to a juice. We like to strain it to get the pulp out and make a nice, clean refresher.
- Pour the strained juice into a pitcher or directly into glasses filled with ice. The refresher is ready to enjoy!
Four simple steps is all it takes to make this amazing kiwi star fruit refresher. Seems like a recipe you can definitely handle!
Refresher Tips and Tricks
We played around with this recipe for quite a while before deciding it was perfect. All those trials made us refresher experts. We wanted to share a little bit of our knowledge with you in hopes that your very first kiwi star fruit refresher is amazing.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe. It is a perfect drink recipe to serve at large parties and you can make it up to two days in advance.
- Some green coffee extract powders dissolve better than others. If your brand isn’t dissolving well in the blender, try adding it to the warm lemon syrup instead. Mixing it into a warm liquid may help dissolve it completely.
- Choose ripe star fruits and ripe kiwis for the best taste. Both fruits are slightly soft when they are ripe. Give the fruit a little squeeze when you are in the grocery store and be sure not to pick fruits that are hard as a rock. You should also be able to smell the sweetness of the fruit. A ripe star fruit or a ripe kiwi both smell delicious- you don’t even have to taste it!
- Skip the green coffee extract completely if you want a caffeine free version of this drink. It will taste just as good without any caffeine.
- A splash of lemon seltzer will give the refresher a nice fizz. Some people really love the straight, juice taste while others will absolutely love the fizz.
If you love the Starbucks kiwi star fruit refresher then you need to give our homemade version a try. You will love it more. We just know it!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Have questions? Send them to us! We will try to answer ASAP. In the meantime, take a look at these frequently asked questions and answers that will hopefully help you out.
Is the kiwi star fruit refresher healthy?
Our kiwi starfruit refresher is healthy. It is made with real fruit and natural green coffee extract powder. It does have a bit of sugar but you can easily cut this back or cut it out completely
What does kiwi starfruit refresher taste like?
Our kiwi starfruit refresher is cold and sweet. It also has a great tangy taste that is bright and bold. Our refresher is almost like a super amazing, extra delicious, tropical lemonade.
Where can I get the kiwi starfruit refresher?
While Starbucks does make kiwi starfruit refreshers, you can also make your own at home. That means you can get a kiwi starfruit refresher right in your own kitchen. Isn’t that the most convenient place to get a refresher ever.
Leave a Reply