We are all looking for ways to be healthier. Or at least we all should be! Living a healthy life is key to living a happy life. When your body feels good and is functioning the way it should, you will also feel good. Anything that can help us feel healthy and strong is always something we should try!
Turmeric juice is definitely something that can help you feel healthy. Turmeric has so many amazing health benefits and it can easily be added to your daily routine. Our turmeric juice is quick to make and very delicious. You will love every sip of this turmeric drink and how you feel after you have a nice big glass.
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the Curcuma longa plant. The root of the plant is actually the edible spice. It is closely related to ginger and grows in much the same way.
There are many turmeric benefits and it is a very popular health food ingredient. More and more people are noticing the turmeric benefits and adding the spice to their wellness routine.
Turmeric has a warm and bitter taste. It can taste a little like black pepper but with a subtle sweetness and a bit of a bite.
Turmeric is most often associated with Indian food. Lots of curries and Indian cuisine recipes use turmeric. However, it is fantastic in many other dishes.
There are lots of turmeric benefits which is why so many people add it to their wellness routines. Here is a quick look at all the things that fresh turmeric can do for you.
- Fight depression
- Help control type two diabetes
- Prevent high cholesterol
- Treat headaches
- Reduce inflammation
- Help ease arthritis
- Clear skin
- Treat viral infections
The list of turmeric benefits could go on and on. There are so many ways this simple spice can help you! Read up a little more on what turmeric can do for the body or, if you’re already sold, then it’s time to start making this juice!
Our turmeric juice is so packed with healthy ingredients that it is almost unbelievable. The best part is that all of these ingredients actually taste fantastic when mixed together. Lets take a look at what goes into every turmeric juice cup.
- Fresh Turmeric- The nutrients in fresh turmeric are more easily absorbed by the body than those in dried turmeric. It is for this reason that we prefer to use fresh turmeric root. It is also a little juicier so it blends into the juice better. You can find fresh turmeric root in the produce section of the grocery store.
- Fresh ginger root- Ginger root is known to have many medicinal properties. It can treat nausea, help with weight loss and even lower blood sugar. Fresh ginger has a great spice to it that will make your turmeric juice come alive.
- Carrots- Carrots add lots of vitamin A and a pretty orange color to the glass. Carrots also have anti-aging power and can help prevent certain kinds of cancers.
- Golden beets- Beets are another powerhouse food. They are known to lower blood pressure, protect the liver, treat anemia and even help with anxiety. We also love the sweet flavor of golden beets. Those little golden globes add a lot of pretty color to the turmeric juice!
- Orange- Juicy oranges are essential in our turmeric juice. Orange juice has lots of vitamin C but it also has a wonderful sweet flavor. There are a lot of powerful ingredients in this turmeric juice and fresh orange juice helps balance those strong tastes. It makes the drink palatable and delicious.
- Apple- Apple adds a lot of actual juice to the juice. Apples are super watery and sweet. They help bulk up the juice in a healthy, very tasty way.
If you need a fresh turmeric substitute, you can replace it with 2 teaspoon of ground turmeric. The flavor of the liquid turmeric juice will be a little different but still give you most of the health benefits you are looking for.
The ginger root can also be replaced with ½ teaspoon ground ginger if needed. Use red beets in place of golden beets in a pinch. Just be aware that using red beets will make your drink completely pink!
Making our turmeric juice is actually very easy. All you need is a good juicer! Press all of the ingredients through the juicer and then enjoy! We like to chill the juice with ice or pop it in the fridge for an hour or so. However, you can drink it straight out of the juicer at room temperature.
If you do not have a juicer, puree all of the ingredients in a blender. Make the mix as smooth as possible. Pour the blended juice through a fine mesh sieve and then enjoy!
The liquid turmeric juice won’t be quite as clear as it is when you use a juicer however it will still taste great. Blenders can also be easier to use and clean when compared to juicers. Many of us already have a great blender that will make delicious juice but, if you plan on making turmeric juice part of your daily routine, you may want to invest in a good juicer.
We hope you give our delicious turmeric juice a try as it is delicious and nutritious. Having a glass of turmeric juice every morning will jumpstart your day. You will feel refreshed, revitalized and ready to take on the world! Enjoy.
Still have questions about our yummy turmeric juice? Hopefully we answer them here for you!
Can I drink turmeric juice everyday?
Yes, you can drink turmeric juice everyday. In fact, a daily glass of turmeric juice will boost your overall health.
Can you juice turmeric?
Yes, you can put turmeric through a juicer and that is exactly what we did in this recipe! Juicing turmeric is a great way to extract the yummy liquids and remove the stringy fibers from turmeric.
How much turmeric juice should I drink a day?
Studies have shown that about 500-2000mg of turmeric per day is a good amount. Our turmeric juice is well within this quantity so one or two glasses of juice would be perfect in your daily routine.