Sometimes you need a really strong shot of something healthy to boost your energy, increase your immunity and make you feel good. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a drink that could do all that? Well, there is!
Our ginger turmeric shot has so many health benefits that it will make your head spin. It is also super tasty so you will actually want to drink it all the time. Imagine a healthy drink that is also yummy…it’s almost too good to be true! Let us tell you all about it so you can start making turmeric shots part of your daily routine.
Ginger turmeric shots are known for being super strong and powerful. That is because there are some seriously potent ingredients in the little glass.
Here is what we use to make our ginger turmeric shot recipe.
- Fresh Turmeric- Turmeric is a spice that comes from the root of the curcuma longa plant. The root is in the same family as ginger root. It is a bright orange-red color.
Have you ever wondered what does turmeric taste like? Turmeric has a bitter flavor that is quite pungent and strong. It can be described as earthy and peppery. Turmeric tastes best when cooked which is why we boil our ginger turmeric juice before drinking it!
- Ginger Root- Ginger root is another herb that grows underground. The tan colored root is perfect for adding spicy and subtle sweetness to foods. Ginger root has lots of health benefits which we will talk about in a little bit.
- Coconut Water- Coconut water has a sweet, tropical taste that goes well with turmeric and ginger. It is very refreshing and contains lots of electrolytes. This adds to the healthy aspects of our turmeric shot!
- Lemon Juice- Lemon juice is vibrant and tangy. It enhances the flavor of the shot and adds a little bit of brightness to offset the spice of the drink.
- Vanilla Extract- Vanilla extract adds a warm sweetness. It makes the shot taste richer and more flavorful.
- Salt- A pinch of salt is always a good idea! The salt in this recipe blocks the bitter taste of the turmeric and makes the shot taste sweeter.
We know that fresh turmeric and fresh ginger can be hard to find. Fresh definitely works best in this drink recipe. Look for ginger root and turmeric root in the produce section of the grocery store.
If you can’t find fresh ginger or turmeric, you can replace them with powdered spices. Use ⅓ cup ground turmeric to replace the fresh turmeric root. ⅓ cup of ground ginger will work in place of ginger root. The drink will not be quite as potent but it will still get the job done!
One of the biggest reasons why you should make this delicious shot is to enjoy all the health benefits of turmeric. Turmeric may have a super strong taste but with that strong flavor comes a whole lot of nutritional value. Here is a quick look at a few of the health benefits of turmeric.
- Helps decrease inflammation
- Improves memory
- Reduces pain
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Fights free radicals
- Can fight depression
- May help prevent certain types of cancer
Turmeric really is a powerful ingredient. It is considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world! Read up on the benefits of turmeric and we know you will be adding our turmeric ginger shot to your daily routine.
There are a few turmeric side effects that you should also know about. Too much turmeric can upset your stomach. It has also been known to stimulate contractions in pregnant women. These turmeric side effects are most common when taking high doses of turmeric. Just be aware and pay attention to your body. Turmeric is safe and healthy for the majority of people!
Turmeric isn’t the only super healthy ingredient in this drink. Ginger root is also really good for you. Here are just a few of the benefits of ginger:
- Reduces nausea
- Cleans the lymphatic system
- Protect against blood clotting
- Has an antibacterial effect similar to that of antibiotics
- Can relieve pain and inflammation
- Helps improve headaches
- Helps control blood sugar
With all the benefits of ginger and all the incredible properties of turmeric, this delicious shot is one worth trying. Anyone can take a quick shot of turmeric ginger juice just to feel great and keep their body strong!
Our shot does take a little bit of time to make however it does make about 12 shots. Try making the recipe on a sunday and setting yourself up to have shots on hand for the whole week. Wake up every morning, pour a shot and be on your way!
Here is how to make a ginger turmeric shot recipe.
- Peel and shop the ginger and turmeric roots.
- Add the roots to a blender with the coconut water and puree until very, very smooth.
- Pour the puree into a pot and boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain the hot puree and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill the juice in the fridge then enjoy!
Our ginger turmeric shot juice will keep for about a week covered and chilled in the fridge. One pitcher should give you enough to have a daily ginger turmeric shot which is an ideal health plan!
Add our ginger turmeric shot to your diet plan and daily routine. It will help keep you healthy, keep you energized and keep you happy! Enjoy.
Still have a few questions about ginger and turmeric shots? Take a look at these frequently asked questions and answers. Hopefully they will help!
What do ginger and turmeric shots do?
Ginger and turmeric shots can reduce inflammation, boost your immunity, prevent free radicals, help prevent certain cancers, improve digestion and act as an internal antibacterial.
Are ginger and turmeric shots good for you?
Turmeric ginger shots are very good for you. They have so many health benefits like increasing metabolism, and improving skin. See the question above and the article about our shots to read more about how great this drink is.
Can you take a ginger shot everyday?
Yes, you can take a ginger shot every day. In fact, it is a great part of your wellness routine.