Guava is a tropical fruit that is not used enough. It has such an incredible, sweet flavor that is unlike any other fruit out there. Guava definitely needs to be in more recipes.
Making fresh guava juice is pretty simple to do and the end result is mouthwatering. You are going to want to drink a whole lot of this fresh guava juice and you should! Guava is also quite healthy.
Let us tell you all about this magical, interesting fruit. Then, get ready to try a fresh guava juice recipe that will change your world. It really is that good. We swear.
What is Guava Juice?
Guava juice is made from fresh guavas, a tropical fruit native to Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and northern South America. Guava trees grow in both dry or humid heat, They do need it to be pretty hot in order to grow!
A fresh guava looks like a small melon. Some are the size of a little lemon while others can grow as big as a grapefruit. They have a thick green rind and a bright pink flesh. There are several varieties of guava like the yellow guava and the white guava. However, the tropical pink guava is the easiest to find in stores. Guava seeds are completely edible and the fruit can be eaten right from the rind, using a spoon and holding the rind like a little bowl.
What Does Guava Taste Like?
Guava is sweet and slightly floral. It has a flavor like pears and strawberries combined. Some types of guava even have a subtle mango taste. The sweetness of the guava will also vary based on variety with some types, like the yellow guava, being much sweeter than others.
Guavas have a crunchy texture similar to a pear. They have the same grainy flesh as a pear as well. You can even eat the skin of the guava which has even more vitamin C than a whole orange.
Is Guava Juice Healthy?
Guava is a very healthy fruit. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals that are nutritious and quite yummy. Here are a few things guava can do for you.
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Boost heart health
- Improve your digestive system
- Boost your immunity
- Improve skin tone and elasticity
- Aid in weight loss
Seems like there are a lot of reasons to add guava to your diet! Our delicious guava juice recipe is exactly what you need.
How to Make Guava Juice
You can find bottled guava juice in many grocery stores, especially those with specialty tropical cuisine sections. However, fresh guava juice has more health benefits and more flavor. The longer the juice sits the weaker it becomes. Make a fresh glass of our guava juice drink and you will get all the taste and all the nutrition you are looking for.
Take a quick look at how to make guava juice.
- Peel the fresh guava and chop it roughly into pieces. Place the pieces in the blender.
- Add the lime juice, coconut water and sugar to the blender.
- Puree until very smooth. Keep the blender running for at least a minute to really chop up the guava.
- Pour the juice through a mesh strainer, pressing down on the pulp to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the dry pulp.
- Chill the guava juice in the fridge or pour it right into a glass with some ice.
Guava juice lasts in the fridge for about a week. Pour it into ice cube trays and freeze the homemade guava drink to extend the shelf life even more. Anytime you’d like a fresh glass of guava juice, simply thaw a few ice cubes and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Make Guava Juice
We have made a lot of guava juice in our day so we have quite a few tips and tricks up our sleeves. Take a look at these tips and substitutions before you start blending.
- Use 3 cups of coconut water to make the guava juice. Once the mix is strained, pour the juice back into the blender along with two cups of ice. Blend again to make a guava slushy.
- Use lemon juice in place of lime juice for a more subtle flavor.
- Skip the sugar or use half the amount of sugar for a lower calorie juice. If your guavas are super ripe, they will be sweet enough even without the sugar.
- Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries to make the drink even more pink
- Use regular water in place of coconut water.
- Pour the guava juice into popsicle molds to make delicious guava juice pops. These are a fantastic summer treat!
When you have some good, ripe guavas, your guava juice will turn out perfectly. One sip and you will feel like you are on a Caribbean island, drinking a tasty mocktail, without a care in the world. Doesn’t that sound idyllic? Make that dream happen by making our guava juice recipe today!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Do you have questions about guava juice or making your own guava mix at home? Leave your questions in the comments below and we'll answer as soon as we can! In the meantime, we hope these frequently asked questions and answers will help!
What does guava mix well with?
Guava goes well with almost any tropical fruit. It is delicious with pineapple, mango, coconut and strawberry. You can also add some protein to your guava drink by blending in cashews, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts. Throw a banana in the blender to make the juice thicker and creamier. Ginger also tastes great with the flavor of guava.
Can you put guava in a juicer?
Yes, you can put guava in a juicer. Make delicious, fresh pressed juice that is healthy and nutritious by putting a whole guava into a juicer. Keep the skin on as it is full of vitamin c!
Is Guava Juice still famous?
Guava Juice is the stage name of a famous YouTuber. He is known for making silly challenges and other random shenanigans. He has over 10 million subscribers to his YouTube channel and 4 billion views. He is still pretty famous! And named after a very delicious drink…
Leave a Reply