Have you ever had the strong feeling that your body needed something healthy?
Sometimes you crave certain foods because your body is telling you that it needs a certain nutrient. When this happens, a green tea shot is definitely going to help satisfy your cravings and give you the boost of vitamins and minerals that you need.
Our green tea shots are like little healthy powerhouses. They are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They also have a little caffeine to help you get through the day. Green tea shots are tasty, nutritious and very easy to make. Let us tell you all about them so you can start adding these shots to your daily routine.
What is in a Green Tea Shot?
Our green tea shots are full of nothing but goodness. There is no extra “fluff” in these drinks! Just pure, powerful flavor. Here is what we add to our green tea shots:
- Coconut water
- Matcha powder
- Lemon juice
- Himalayian sea salt
Sounds like an intense mix, right? Well it is! But in this case, intense flavor is exactly what we want! A shot should be strong. Of course, a shot should also be delicious and ours definitely is.
Wellness shots are very trendy right now. Everyone is into drinking a little, powerful glass of goodness to boost immunity and invigorate the system. This is exactly why we created our green tea shots. They are the perfect little dose of health and energy.
We have mentioned a few times how our green tea shots are healthy and they definitely are. Here is a little bit about what a daily green tea shot can do for you:
- Gives You Energy- Matcha green tea contains natural caffeine. Matcha has about half the caffeine as coffee but it provides longer lasting energy. While coffee will spike your energy levels then cause you to crash, matcha powder gives you a slower, steady increase of energy without the crash. Coconut water has also shown to help increase energy levels.
- High in Antioxidants- Matcha, coconut water and ginger are all full of antioxidants which help improve overall health. Consuming antioxidants regularly can even help prevent chronic disease.
- Boosts Brain Function- Studies have shown that daily matcha tea can improve brain function. Research showed improvements in memory, attention, and reaction time.
- Hydrating- Coconut water is very hydrating. Staying hydrated keeps your joints lubricated and your muscles feeling strong.
- Reduces Inflammation- Ginger has been shown to help reduce pain and inflammation.
There are so many health benefits inside this tiny drink. Doing a daily green tea shot will seriously help boost your overall health. Luckily, it tastes incredible too!
Green tea shots are incredibly easy to make. It only takes about 5 minutes to make two perfect, healthy shots that will wake you up and fuel your system. Here is a quick look at how to make our green tea shot recipe:
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree for about a minute.
- Strain the juice to remove any pulp.
Pretty simple, right? We love slamming back a chilled green tea shot, getting a full dose of nutrition in one big sip. However, you can also serve the drink over ice and sip it throughout your morning. The way you drink your green tea ginger shots is totally up to you!
Have a question about green tea shots? Lots of people do! We answered the most frequently asked questions here so hopefully you find the answers you are looking for.
What is a green tea shot made of?
Green tea shots are actually a popular, alcoholic shot that you can order at a bar. They are made of whiskey, peach schnapps, and lemon lime soda. Of course, our green tea shots are much different and clearly healthier. We use coconut water, actual green tea powder, ginger, lemon juice and a splash of vanilla extract to make a tasty, health-boosting drink.
How strong is a green tea ginger shot?
The green tea shots you order at a bar have about 16 percent alcohol. The green tea shots that you will make with this recipe are non alcoholic but still have a very powerful flavor. Our healthy green tea shooters have a very strong flavor but in a very good way.
What does a green tea shot taste like?
Green tea shots taste like matcha tea with a hint of tropical coconut and ginger. The vanilla extract sweetens the drink slightly while the lemon juice adds a lot of bright flavor. All in all, it tastes delicious!
What happens if I drink green tea everyday?
Regular drinking green tea can help you lose weight and also reduce your risk of certain diseases like diabetes, heart disease and some cancers. Drinking green tea daily can help flush toxins out of your body thanks to its antioxidant properties. It is totally safe and actually quite beneficial to drink green tea daily.