With this rainbow smoothie recipe, you can actually drink a rainbow! And it even tastes amazing…
This is definitely going to be the prettiest smoothie you have ever made. It has to be! Look at all those colors and those perfect layers! Our rainbow smoothie recipe will show you how to make a delicious rainbow in a glass. Not only does it look incredible but it also tastes super good.
Are Smoothies Healthy?
One of the biggest benefits of making a tasty smoothie is that they tend to be quite healthy. Smoothies are made primarily with fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies are known to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. Here are just a few benefits that eating enough fruits and vegetables can have:
- Fruits and vegetables contain fiber. Fiber is essential to keeping your digestive tract healthy and functioning properly. Eating fiber has also been linked to decreasing the risk of heart disease, type two diabetes, high blood pressure and several cancers.
- Veggies and fruits contain lots of essential vitamins and minerals. Many of these vitamins and minerals your body cannot produce on it’s own and also cannot function without.
- Eating fruits and vegetables can help fill you up quickly. This can help you eat fewer calories and more balanced meals. Filling up on fruits and veggies will lower your calorie intake and can, in turn, help you lose weight. Keeping your weight in check can lower risk for type two diabetes and high blood pressure.
These are just a few reasons why eating fruits and vegetables can really help improve your diet and health. Luckily, there are lots of these beneficial ingredients packed into this rainbow smoothie!
Tips and Tricks for Rainbow Smoothies
We have made lots of rainbow smoothies at this point. We had to make sure this drink recipe was perfect! We have a few tips to help you create the perfect rainbow smoothie. Take a look at all of these before you start blending.
- To make this party perfect drink, you need to blend each layer of smoothie separately. This may sound like a lot of work but it really isn’t too bad. The trick is to just quickly rinse the blender in between each color layer. There is no need to go crazy washing! You will just be pouring the smoothies into the same glass anyway! A quick blender rinse will be enough to clean out the colors and prevent them from mixing too much.
- To keep the smoothie nice and frozen, pour a layer into the glass and then put the glass in the freezer while you blend the next layer. This will ensure the drink stays frozen while you blend each color of the rainbow smoothie.
- Pour each layer down the side of the glass very slowly. This will prevent the colors from mixing too much as you pour. The idea is to slowly pour it on top, letting each color rest on the last.
- Use a drop or two of food coloring to help make each smoothie layer more vibrant. The colors will already be very strong but a little extra food coloring won’t hurt!
If you have any great tips or tricks to making an amazing rainbow smoothie, let us know! We always want to learn more secrets to help create delicious drinks. Leave your tips in the comments below!
How to Make a Rainbow Smoothie
Making a perfect rainbow smoothie is essentially just blending one color at a time. Go down the list of ingredients, working from the red layer to the top purple layer. Here is how it is done.
- Start with the red layer if you would like red to be the bottom color in your glass. If you prefer purple to be at the bottom, start with the purple layer and work your way up the recipe.
- Blend each color layer until super smooth then slowly pour a little of the smoothie into each glass.
- Remember that you will be adding more and more smoothie with each layer so you do not want to fill the glass too high- about one inch of color per glass will work!
Once you have made your rainbow smoothies, they should be served right away. You do not want those pretty colors to melt together! Make these smoothies right before you intend to enjoy them for the best results.
Smoothies for Kids Birthday and Parties
These smoothies are perfect for any kids party. The pretty rainbow colors will fit right into any rainbow theme. They will also just put a smile on any kid's face. How is such a pretty drink possible!? How did you manage to make a rainbow in a glass?!
These smoothies are also great for adults. Your adult friends just want an extremely pretty drink! They will also be impressed by how healthy this drink is. There are so many natural vitamins and minerals packed into the rainbow smoothie recipe that it is hard to believe something so pretty can taste so good!
No one can resist drinking the rainbow. And everyone will be pleasantly surprised by how delicious these smoothies are. Enjoy!
You Asked, We’re Answering
We know that you may have questions about rainbow smoothies. Hopefully some of these frequently asked questions and answers will help clear up any questions you may have. If you are still wondering something about this tasty recipe, leave your question in the comments below and we will try to answer ASAP!
What should you not mix in a smoothie?
Try to avoid adding ice to your smoothie recipes. Ice will water down the smoothie and make it less flavorful. Skip extra sugar in your smoothie, too. Adding sugar will make your smoothies less nutritious. There are many things that you CAN add to a smoothie. Yogurt, fruit, vegetables, hemp seeds, protein powder…the list goes on and on.
What is the most popular smoothie?
According to a survey conducted in the United States, the most popular smoothie flavor was strawberry banana. Strawberries and bananas do make fantastic smoothies! Good thing they are both in our rainbow smoothie recipe.
Are smoothies good or bad for weight loss?
Smoothies can be good for weight loss as long as they are made solely with fruits and vegetables. Smoothies can fill you up thanks to the high fiber in the fruit and veggies. More fiber means you will stay full longer and consume less other, unhealthy foods.
How can I make my smoothies look better?
Use fresh fruit to make your smoothie. It has the most vibrant colors. Serve the smoothies right away after blending. This is when your smoothie will have the best texture and color. If a smoothie sits too long, it may start to seperate and also turn brown. It will look less and less appealing as it sits! Fresh smoothies look best.
Leave a Reply