There aren’t enough green drinks in the world. Green is such a bold, exciting color and it looks fantastic in a tall clear glass. Green also is often the sign of healthy ingredients. So why aren’t there more drinks that are green? We need to fix this problem! Our green mocktail recipe will help!
What’s in a Green Mocktail?
Our green mocktail recipe is made with all green ingredients. We wanted it to be as green as possible! However we also wanted to make sure it tasted good. We tried a lot of different green ingredients to come up with the perfect blend, making an unforgettable green cucumber mocktail. Here is what we use:
- Cucumber- One medium sized cucumber is all you need to make 2 beautiful green mocktails. We like to keep the skin on the cucumber to add extra color and nutrition (the skin is where a lot of the vitamins live!). You can peel the cucumber if you’d like as some people don’t like the slightly bitter taste of the cucumber skin. But blend it well and that green color will shine though!
- Water- A little water helps the ingredients blend into a smooth mix. Use cold, filtered water to get the purest taste and the most refreshing drink possible.
- Lime Juice- Lime juice helps make our green mocktail more vibrant and exciting. It is also green so of course we love it! Add some lime zest to the blender to add even more lime taste (it is a great addition!).
- Mint- Fresh spearmint is the best mint for this drink. It has a mild but fresh taste. It goes well with the cucumber and lime in this recipe.
- Agave- Agave is a great sweetener to use, adding a subtle sweetness with a little bit of earthy flavor. You can replace the agave with maple syrup or honey. Each sweetener will make the drink a little bit unique and a whole lot more delicious. You definitely need some sweetness in this drink!
- Sparkling Water- A little bit of sparkling water adds a lovely effervescence to our green mocktail. Bubbles are always a good idea! Look for sparkling mineral water which will add some more nutrition to the drink.
Pretty simple ingredients, right? Sometimes the best drinks are actually the easiest.
How to Make a Cucumber Mocktail
Just like the ingredients in our green cucumber mocktail are simple, the method to making the drink is pretty easy too. All you need is a blender, a strainer and a spoon! Here is how to make our green cucumber smoothie along with a few extra tips and tricks.
- Add all the ingredients, except the sparkling water, to the blender. Puree until nice and smooth. Don’t be afraid to puree for two or more minutes at high speed. It seems like a long time but the smoother the mix, the better the drink will taste. You don’t want to have any pieces at all!
- Pour the blended mix through a fine mesh sieve. Press down on the pulp in the strainer to really get the juice out. You want all of that green goodness! Discard the dry pulp that is leftover in the strainer.
- Add the cucumber mint juice to a large pitcher. At this step, you can store the mocktail base in the fridge, saving it for a party or special occasion.
- When you are ready to enjoy your green mocktail, stir in the sparkling water. Just give the drink one or two stirs so the seltzer doesn’t lose its effervescence.
- Pour the drinks into glasses full of ice and garnish with lime slices, cucumber slices or mint sprigs.
You can definitely triple this recipe to make a big pitcher of green mocktail. It is the perfect drink to make in advance. You can make a bunch and store it in your fridge for several days. Anytime you need a refreshing green mocktail, you can just pour a glass!
Is this Green Mocktail Healthy?
Not only is our green mocktail pretty and delicious, but it is also healthy. You can feel good about drinking every single sip! Take a look at all the nutritional benefits of our cucumber mocktail and we know you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Cucumbers are great for hydration. They will keep you refreshed in a delicious way.
- Cucumbers have lots of antioxidants which can help reduce free radicles. This can help prevent certain cancers and autoimmune diseases.
- Cucumbers have been shown to help lower blood sugar which can help people with diabetes. The peel of the cucumber is especially effective at reducing oxidative stress in the body, helping control blood sugar levels. Keep that peel on!
- There’s a lot of fiber in cucumber which will help promote gut health.
- Lime juice is high in vitamin C which can help boost your immune system. It can help protect against inflammation, regulate blood sugar and even make your skin glow!
- Sparkling water has been shown to boost good cholesterol in the blood stream.
- Sparkling water is also good for hydration and improving heart health.
- Agave is rich in fiber which can help improve digestion.
- Agave also has lots of iron which is beneficial for red blood cells.
Sounds like a pretty healthy and tasty drink! Maybe you should make it right now. That is probably a very good idea!
Give our green mocktail a try and let us know what you think. It is pretty refreshing and pretty easy to make. And, it is green! There is now another incredible green drink in the world. Hurray!
You Asked, We’re Answering
We wanted to take a minute to answer some FAQ’s about our green cucumber mocktail. Take a look at these questions and answers and you’ll be even more prepared to make a perfect drink.
What drinks are green?
Green drinks are often made with kale, spinach, and green herbs. Other green fruits and veggies are also made into green drinks. Green apples, grapes, cucumbers, even green peppers can be turned into green drinks. Any drink with one of these green ingredinets will be green!
What is mocktail and example?
A mocktail is any drink that is made without alcohol. It is a drink that is created to look like a cocktail but without the alcohol. A great example of a mocktail would be a non alcoholic bellini, a virgin margarita or this delicious cucumber drink!
How do you garnish a drink with a cucumber?
You can add a simple cucumber slice to the rim of your glass. You can also use a peeler to peel a thin strip of cucumber lengthwise down the veggie. Take the skinny cucumber strip and spiral it into your glass, pressing it against the sides of the glass to make a pretty, swirl design.
Leave a Reply