Looking for a quick, healthy breakfast idea? Then an easy strawberry banana smoothie is exactly what you need. Our strawberry banana smoothie recipe is simple, healthy and super delicious. It is the ideal on the go breakfast or snack. We know you are going to love it! Let’s dive in and talk about everything there is to know about how to make a strawberry banana smoothie!
This is a question we get asked a lot. The simple answer is yes, most smoothies are healthy. Smoothies are filled with fruits and often dairy. Our strawberry banana smoothie recipe has lots of strawberries, bananas, yogurt and milk. All of these things are considered healthy.
Take a quick look at why our banana strawberry smoothie is a great, nutritious addition to your daily routine.
- Strawberries- Strawberries are a great source of fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants. They have been shown to help lower blood pressure, treat arthritis and protect the body against certain cancers. Strawberries also promote healthy eyesight and can even improve your mood. Sounds like a super healthy fruit to help you start your day on the right foot!
- Bananas- Bananas have a good amount of fiber and have zero grams of fat. They can help improve blood sugar levels and support digestive health. Bananas are full of antioxidants. They also help keep you feeling full which can aid in weight loss since you won’t be hungry so frequently!
- Milk- Milk is a good source of high quality protein. It has lots of calcium which helps strengthen bones. Milk has lots of vitamin D and vitamin B12 in addition to other great nutrients like selenium and potassium. Whole milk has healthy fats but feel free to use a skim milk if you are trying to stick to a lower fat diet.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is made from milk so it has a lot of the same benefits. However, yogurt also contains lots of live bacteria called probiotics. These can really help aid digestion and keep your gut healthy.
- Honey- Honey is optional in our recipe but, if you choose to use it, it will add lots of healthy antioxidants and antibacterial properties. Honey is also great for supporting digestive health.
As you can see, our smoothie recipe is healthy! You are also going to love the sweet taste. It is a total win!
Making a strawberry banana smoothie is super easy. All you need to do is throw everything into the blender and puree until smooth! Here are a few tips and tricks to make a perfect smoothie.
- Blend for at least a minute- The moment you start the blender, your smoothie will start to look smooth. Don’t turn it off just yet! Keep the blender on for at least a minute to really puree the ingredients. The smoother the smoothie, the better!
- Use frozen fruit- Frozen fruit will make your smoothie thick and cold. If you use frozen fruit, you don’t need to add ice to chill your smoothie. This will prevent your smoothie from tasting watered down.
- Save ripe bananas- Ripe bananas have the most natural sugars. If you have browning bananas at home, peel them, put them in a freezer safe bag and freeze. Anytime you want a strawberry banana smoothie, you will have perfectly ripe bananas ready to go!
- Add some mix ins- Add some ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds or chia seeds to your smoothie. Some chopped nuts or even protein powder would make great additions, too. Add some baby spinach leaves or chopped kale to get some veggies in the smoothie. These are great, simple ways to make a smoothie healthier.
- Change the yogurt- We like the sweetness of vanilla yogurt but feel free to use plain yogurt to cut back on the sugar. You can also use strawberry yogurt, blueberry yogurt, coconut yogurt or really any flavor yogurt! Switching up the yogurt flavor is an easy way to make your strawberry banana smoothie have a whole new flavor.
Our strawberry banana smoothie recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. A recipe this simple and this healthy is almost unbelievable!
Our strawberry banana smoothie recipe does have Greek yogurt in it. We like Greek yogurt because it is thick and creamy. However, you can definitely make this easy smoothie without yogurt.
Replace the yogurt in the recipe with 1 ½ cups of milk. We use whole milk in our recipe but feel free to use any kind of milk. Oat milk, almond milk and coconut milk are all perfect for making a vegan strawberry banana smoothie.
Skip the yogurt in the smoothie recipe and use 3 ½ cups of milk instead. This is an easy way to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt.
A strawberry banana smoothie is one of the most popular smoothies ever. Everyone loves a big, cold, fruity smoothie! Make this smoothie as a healthy breakfast option, a great snack or even to enjoy as a dessert. Let us know how much you love it!!
Still have questions about our strawberry banana smoothie recipe? Hopefully these frequently asked questions and answers will help! If you are still wondering something about making smoothies or the healthy aspects of a smoothie, feel free to leave your questions in the comments below. We will answer as soon as we can!
Is it good to drink strawberry banana smoothie everyday?
Yes! A smoothie can be a very easy, tasty way to get your daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Smoothies are full of essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Be sure to choose low sugar, lower fat ingredients to keep your smoothies as healthy as possible.
What fruit combinations go well together for smoothies?
The most popular fruit combination for a smoothie is strawberry and banana. All berries taste great together and adding coconut to a smoothie can give it a tropical taste. Banana berry, strawberry banana, coconut berry, mango cherry and papaya pineapple are some of our favorite fruit combinations for smoothies.
Are banana smoothies good for weight loss?
Banana smoothies can be very good for weight loss. Bananas keep you full for longer which means you will not feel the desire to eat as often. This can help with weight loss. A banana smoothie for breakfast will keep you full for hours!