You don’t need much to make a perfect mango smoothie. In fact, our mango smoothie recipe only requires 5 ingredients. And even 5 ingredients is a lot! When you have flavorful, sweet mango, you just don’t need much else.
Our mango smoothie recipe focuses on real, pure ingredients which highlight the flavor of the tropical mango. You will taste the freshness and the beautiful flavors when you take just one sip.
Are you ready to skip down to the recipe already? We don’t blame you. But you should take a look at our recipe tips, tricks and secrets first. So keep on reading!
Our mango smoothie is made of super simple ingredients. You may even have everything you need in your home already. We wanted to tell you a little bit about why we choose each ingredient in our recipe and why each one is important.
- Frozen Mango- We like to use frozen mango because it gives the smoothie a perfect consistency when blended. There is no need to add ice and water down the smoothie when you have frozen fruit. You can freeze your own mango for the best results, choosing the ripest mango in the grocery store then peeling and freezing it in zippered freezer bags. You can also buy frozen mango in the grocery store, enabling you to make a delicious smoothie right away without any extra waiting time.
- Banana- Banana helps make the smoothie thick and creamy. Just like you want to use ripe mango, you also want to use ripe banana which will be sweeter and more flavorful. Make sure your banana peel is yellow with some brown specks, showing that it is ripe.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk- Unsweetened coconut milk has the perfect texture and delicious tropical taste. Coconut goes well with mango!
- Vanilla Yogurt- Yogurt not only helps thicken the smoothie, but it also sweeteners it. We don't use any additional sweeteners in our drink. We just rely on the natural sweetness from the fruit and the sweetness from the yogurt. Use Greek yogurt, when possible, which is thicker and creamier than other types of yogurt.
- Vanilla Extract- a little bit of vanilla will enhance the sweet taste of the drink perfectly. It is a little secret ingredient that you must add in order to make this mango smoothie recipe really pop.
Do you have all the ingredients? Are you ready to blend? If you are, then keep on reading!
If you know how to use a blender, then you know how to make a mango smoothie. This recipe is so simple to make that it just requires you to toss all the ingredients into the blender and puree the mix until it is perfectly smooth. That’s it! We know you can do it…
While it is incredibly easy to make a mango smoothie, here are a few tips to make it truly perfect:
- Blend for a minute- while the smoothie may look blended after just a few seconds, letting the blender run for a full minute will really make sure the drink is smooth, thick and extra creamy.
- Peel the mango well- You want to make sure there is absolutely no peel left on the mango. Mango peel has a very bitter taste so it should be completely removed and discarded.
- Add more milk- Sometimes the frozen fruit is too hard and dense for the blender to properly chop. Add two tablespoons of milk to the blender if needed to get it running.
- Use fresh mango- Fresh mango will make a delicious smoothie. If you only have fresh mango, add ½ cup of ice to the blender as well to make the smoothie thick and cold.
Okay, so now you really are ready to make our mango smoothie recipe. Really, really ready! You are so close to being able to taste that sweet, tropical smoothie. But just one more thing before you blend…
We wanted to share a few of our favorite substitutions and variations for this smoothie recipe. Here are a few ways we like to switch it up, making this mango smoothie even more exciting.
- Add up to 1 cup of other fruits. Strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, raspberries and even jalapenos are tasty with mango. You can’t go wrong with a tropical fruit smoothie!
- Use any kind of milk you’d like. Almond milk, 2% milk, soy milk and even oat milk will all taste great in this mango smoothie recipe.
- Use frozen banana to make the mango smoothie even creamier.
- Use coconut yogurt to give the smoothie an even more tropical flavor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds to give the fruit smoothie some plant based protein. It won’t alter the flavor of the smoothie at all!
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds to our mango smoothie recipe to add a little fiber.
If you come up with a delicious variation on our mango smoothie recipe, let us know! We always want to hear about your tricks and creations!
Now you are really, REALLY ready to make a perfect mango smoothie. You know all about the ingredients, some tricks to blending and a few variations you could try. So go ahead and blend! We know you will love this drink. Enjoy!
Everyone has questions. We have answers! Here are a few answers to some frequently asked questions about our mango smoothie recipe.
Is mango full of sugar?
Mangos do have natural sugar. The sugars increase as the mango becomes more ripe. Since mangos do have a good amount of sugar, we don’t add any additional sugar to our recipe. It doesn’t need it!
What fruit mixes well with mango?
Mango is a tropical fruit so any other tropical fruits taste great with mango. Berries are also good with mango. Coconut, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, papaya and even melon are also tasty with mango.
How healthy is mango shake?
Mango is a very healthy fruit which means this smoothie is pretty healthy as well. Mangos are a good source of vitamin A and also folate. They are fairly high in fiber as well which helps with gut health. Our recipe is a healthy choice!