Nothing says summer like a fresh, sweet peach smoothie. A juicy, delicious peach is the perfect snack on a hot summers day. We wanted to capture that flawless taste with our amazing peach smoothie recipe.
One sip will cool you down in the summer and also remind you of sunny summer days in the winter. This peach smoothie recipe does it all!
We use a few simple ingredients to make our peach smoothie recipe. You really don’t need too much to create the perfect blend. You want the flavor of the peaches to really shine through! Here is what we use to make our peach smoothie recipe:
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt- We like to use Greek yogurt because it is thick and creamy. Vanilla flavored yogurt adds a sweet, rich taste to the peach smoothie that is truly delicious. Plain yogurt will work as well.
- Frozen Sliced Peaches- Using frozen peaches makes the smoothie nice and thick without having to use any ice. Ice can water down the drink which we definitely do not want! Frozen peaches are also available all year round. And typically frozen at peak ripeness so they will be sweet and delicious.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk- Unsweetened coconut milk has a yummy subtle tropical taste that goes well with the taste of peaches. Coconut milk is also easy to drink, it is not too rich but still has a creamy texture. You can choose to use any kind of milk you’d like and they will all be good. This peach smoothie recipe is pretty flexible!
- Honey- Honey and peaches are a perfect match. We like to add just a touch of honey to make the drink a little sweet. If your peaches are super ripe and sweet already, you can skip the honey.
- Vanilla Extract- A bit of vanilla brings out the flavor in the whole smoothie and is really such a “wow” ingredient.
All of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. Look for fresh, super ripe peaches and freeze your own. This will give you maximum summer flavor.
Of course, you can always grab a pre-cut bag of frozen peaches from the freezer section and still create a yummy peach smoothie. As long as you have lots of peaches, you will be all set.
What Fruit Mixes Well With 🍑?
We absolutely love our pure peach smoothie recipe but we also like to switch it up every now and then. Adding different fruits to the smoothie creates a whole new, delicious drink. But what fruits go with peaches? Here are a few of our favorites:
- 🍓 Strawberries
- 🥭 Mango
- 🍌 Bananas
Replace half of the frozen peaches in our recipe with one cup of these frozen fruits and you are sure to make a new, amazing drink.
Always use frozen fruit when making peach smoothies. Frozen fruit will make the smoothie thick and also strongly flavored. Ice tends to water down smoothies and we want as much flavor as possible!
📋 How to Make?
Smoothies are insanely easy to make. Like super super easy. As in, even a kid could whip up one of these peach smoothies. All you need to do is measure, pour everything into a blender and puree until smooth! That’s it!
While our peach smoothie recipe is super easy, we do have a few tips to help you make it perfect. Take a look at these peach smoothie tips and tricks before you blend.
- Taste the peaches- Even if they are frozen, it’s a good idea to taste at least one peach slice. This will help you decide if you need to add honey or if you can skip it. Sweet peaches will make the drink sweet enough but tart peaches may need a little honey help.
- Blend a while- Be sure to blend for at least a minute. You want the smoothie to be as smooth as possible. While the fruit will look chopped up after a few seconds, an extra long blend makes it extra creamy.
- Add extra milk- if your smoothie is too thick and getting stuck in the blender, add another 2 tablespoons of milk. This will help the smoothie blend easier and it will still be perfectly delicious.
- Add Ice- If you do not have frozen peaches, use fresh peaches and add one cup of ice. This will help the drink get nice and thick and also cool and refreshing.
- Use alternative sweeteners- If you do not have honey, you can use maple syrup or white granulated sugar in its place. You can also use low calorie sweeteners if you want the peach smoothie to be a little lower in carbs.
- Use almond extract- Almond extract in place of vanilla extract is a tasty substitution. Almond and peach are a great combination and this is such an easy way to switch up the drink.
So are you ready to make your own peach smoothie? Are you ready to sip on a cool, refreshing drink that tastes like summer? If the answer is yes, then follow the recipe below and you will surely be in heaven! Enjoy!
Do you have questions about peach smoothies? Feel free to leave your questions in the comments below! For now, we hope that these frequently asked questions and answers will help you along the way.
Should I peel peach before smoothie?
We like to keep the peel on when we make smoothies. The peach peel has lots of natural fiber, vitamins and minerals. Since we blend our smoothie extra long, it blends the peel really well so there are no pieces or bits in the drink. Just pure, nutritious goodness!
Is watermelon and peach a good combination?
Watermelon and peach do go well together. Just keep in mind that watermelon is mostly water and it will make your drink thinner. Use frozen watermelon to help it stay thick.
What vegetable goes with peaches?
If you are interested in adding a veggie to your smoothie, there are quite a few that go well with peaches. Spinach, kale, zucchini, celery, bell peppers and even arugula go well with peaches. Try adding a handful of spinach to the blender or some celery juice to the mix. They will all be delicious and healthy.