The Starbucks frappuccino is an iconic drink. Everyone knows what a Starbucks frappuccino is and almost everyone has tried one.
With so many different frappuccino flavors to try, you could drink these all year long and never grow tired of the cool, thick, frothy treat!
The only problem with Starbucks frappuccinos is that you have to go all the way to Starbucks to get one. We decided to change that fact and that is why we created an amazing, delicious, Starbucks frappuccino recipe that you can make at home. It is just as good (if not better) than the one you will get in the store.
Are you intrigued? Then you should probably make this recipe right away. Let us tell you all about it so you can start blending!
What is a Frappuccino?
The definition of a frappuccino is simply a “cold drink”. However, Starbucks has branded the frappuccino as something a little more specific. Thanks to this big coffee shop, we now know frappuccinos as blended iced coffee drinks with a whipped cream topping.
So, while a frappuccino can technically be any kind of cold coffee, most of us hear the term frappuccino and think of blended espresso drinks.
Of course, to make it a little more complicated, Starbucks also has fruity frappuccinos that contain no caffeine at all. These are blended, milkshake-like drinks that are perfect for anyone who doesn’t want coffee.
You can also get bottled frappuccinos which are more like the classic “cold drink” coffee frappuccino. Bottled frappuccinos are like a cold coffee made with cream, sugar and sometimes flavorings. There are certainly a lot of types of frappuccinos in the world!
What’s in a Starbucks Frappuccino?
There are quite a few different flavors of frappuccinos. The flavor of frappuccino will depend on what is in the drink. However, most frappuccinos are made with ice, sugar, artificial and natural flavors, and espresso.
Starbucks also adds xanthan gum to their drink which is a thickener and a stabilizer.
Starbucks Frappuccino Flavors
There are so many different flavors of frappuccinos that it can be hard to keep track of them all! Starbucks also adds new frappuccino flavors to the menu every year. It can be hard to keep up! Here are a few of the most popular frappuccino flavors:
- Mocha frappuccino
- Caramel frappuccino
- Java Chip frappuccino
- White chocolate mocha frappuccino
- Vanilla Bean frappuccino
- Strawberries and Creme
- Pumpkin Spice frappuccino
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Green Tea Frappuccino
The java chip frappuccino is the most popular of all the flavors. It has also been around since Starbucks frappuccinos were first created.
The caramel frappucino is also one of the top sellers which is why we chose this flavor to base our frappuccino recipe around. We know how much everyone loves a good caramel frappuccino!
Ingredients in a Caramel Frappuccino
Starbucks frappuccinos have a few ingredients mixed into the cup that you may not necessarily want. The artificial flavors and stabilizers may be something you want to skip.
Our frappuccino recipe is made with just a few choice ingredients that have a whole lot of flavor and not a lot of fake stuff. Here are the ingredients to make a caramel frappuccino:
- Coffee- We brew strong coffee and then let it chill. You can use brewed espresso if you’d like, simply by making three shots of strong espresso then letting it chill.
- Whole Milk- We like using whole milk which has a rich, creamy taste. Feel free to use any kind of milk you’d like. Almond milk, coconut milk and soy milk will all work wonderfully and make this recipe dairy free (just be sure to skip the whipped cream in the recipe too!)
- Vanilla Extract- A little bit of vanilla extract really enhances the taste of the frappuccino, making it richer and a little sweeter.
- Salt- You will be amazed by how much flavor a pinch of salt can add. It will make your drink so much better with just a small ingredient.
- Caramel Coffee Syrup- Caramel coffee syrup is what gives our frappuccino recipe the caramel flavor. Any brand of caramel coffee syrup will work. You can even use sugar free caramel syrup to make this frappuccino diet friendly.
- Ice- You need ice to make a thick, cold frappuccino!
- Whipped Cream- Whipped cream is the signature topping of frappuccinos. Of course we have to pile it on nice and high!
- Caramel Sauce- Drizzle caramel sauce on top of your frappuccino and it will look like it came right out of a coffee shop. This is the perfect finishing touch that also tastes oh so good.
Order all the ingredients you need online and have them shipped right to your door. This way, you never need to leave the house in order to have a delicious caramel frappuccino! Sounds pretty perfect to us…
How to Make a Frappuccino
When you go to your local Starbucks, you are going to pay a lot for a frappuccino. Making it at home is not only cheaper, but it is also so, so easy! You will be amazed by how easy it is to make a frappuccino. Here is what you need to do:
- Measure and add the brewed coffee, milk, vanilla, salt, caramel coffee syrup and ice to a blender.
- Blend the drink for about 30 seconds to one minute, making it completely smooth and thick.
- Pour the caramel frappuccino into a tall glass and top with the whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
Can you believe how easy it is to make a frappuccino at home? This whole recipe will only take about 2 minutes to put together. No more waiting in line at the coffee shop and no more spending tons of money on frappuccinos. You can now just make your own frappuccino any time you want! We have a feeling you will be making this frappuccino recipe quite often… enjoy it!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Do you have frappuccino questions? Well we have frappuccino answers. Here are a few answers to some of the mostly commonly asked questions about frappuccinos.
Which Frappuccino is best at Starbucks?
The caramel frappuccino and the java chip frappuccino at Starbucks are the two most popular frappuccinos that contain caffeine. The vanilla bean creme frappuccino is the best of the fruit based drinks. Of course, the pumpkin spice frappuccino is very popular in the fall.
Does a Starbucks frappuccino actually have coffee in it?
Most frappuccinos do have coffee. There are tea frappuccinos and also fruit based drinks that do not have coffee. The vanilla, strawberry and chai frappuccinos, for example, do not have coffee.
What’s the difference between a frappe and a frappuccino?
A frappe is a traditional Greek drink that is made by whipping instant coffee with milk. A frappuccino is usually a blended, iced drink.
Leave a Reply