Trying to drink the rainbow? Finding a blue drink may be your biggest challenge. But you have come to the right place!
Our copycat Starbucks blue drink is very blue, very tasty and completely natural. No food coloring or artificial dyes here! Just delicious, pure flavor. Let us tell you all about it!
What is The Blue Starbucks Drink?
Starbucks coffee shop is known for making very unique and tasty drinks. Recently they started making drinks in all different colors. We have to admit, it is quite fun to drink the rainbow!
The blue drink Starbucks sells is the latest in the color line up. The drink gets its blue color from blueberry juice but it is also made with delicious passion fruit tea. It is quite the tropical creation!
If you’re wondering how to order the blue drink at Starbucks, we can help! This tasty drink isn’t just listed on the regular menu. You have to know how to ask for it in a special way. Here is how to order the blue Starbucks drink:
- Order a Teavana shaken iced passion tango tea in any size you’d like.
- Ask for soy milk instead of water and a pump of vanilla syrup.
- Grab a big straw and enjoy!
But what if you don’t feel like getting a blue drink from Starbucks? What if you just want to make it yourself? We can help with that!
Ingredients in Starbucks Blue Drink
We have had so many Starbucks blue drinks that we figured out exactly how to make them at home. Our copycat blue Starbucks drink tastes exactly like the one they serve at the coffee shop.
So skip the long lines at Starbucks and grab these ingredients to make your own blue drink.
- Passion fruit tea- Starbucks uses Teavana brand tea which you can find in many grocery stores. However, anytype of passion fruit tea will work!
- Water- You need a little water to brew the tea and also help blend the blueberries.
- Blueberries- fresh blueberries help make the drink a beautiful blue they also add lots and lots of flavor.
- Vanilla soy milk- vanilla soy milk makes the drink rich and creamy. You can use any type of milk you’d like just be sure to grab vanilla flavored milk or add a pump of vanilla simple syrup to the mix.
- Ice- Starbucks blue drink is definitely best when iced!
You can get everything you need at your local grocery store. Then rush home to whip up a tasty blue drink that is so blue, you will need to snap some pics and immediately post them online to show off your culinary skills.
How to Make Starbucks Blue Drink
It takes a few steps to make Starbucks blue drink but they are all pretty easy. Here is what you need to do:
- Blend the blueberries and ¼ cup water until super smooth. Pour the mix through a strainer to get a beautiful blue juice. If you can find real blueberry juice in your grocery store, you can use that instead. But nothing beats the taste or color of fresh blueberries!
- Boil the remaining ¼ cup of water and steep the passion fruit tea. Make sure the tea bag is completely submerged in the water so it will be as flavorful as possible.
- After ten minutes, squeeze the water out of the tea bag and discard the bag.
- Pour the blueberry juice and potent passion fruit tea into a large glass.
- Add the vanilla soy milk and ice then stir the drink together.
- Enjoy right away!
If you plan on drinking a lot of Starbucks blue drinks, be sure to double or triple this recipe. You can make extra blueberry juice and store it in the fridge and you can do the same with the passion fruit tea. Both the blueberry juice and brewed tea will keep in the fridge for about a week.
You can also try freezing the blueberry juice. Pour the juice into an ice cube tray and freeze. Anytime you want the blue drink Starbucks serves, you can pop out a few blueberry ice cubes, toss them in a glass and add the tea and soy milk.
Making a Starbucks blue drink on demand is quite easy!
Substitutions and Variations
There are a few ways to tweak the Starbucks blue drink so that it perfectly suits your taste. Here are a few variations you may want to try.
- Use coconut milk instead of soy milk for an even more tropical taste.
- Add a pump of vanilla coffee syrup to make the drink sweeter.
- Use fresh raspberries to make a very pink drink instead of blue
- Skip the milk and make the drink with water to make it more like a classic iced tea.
Let us know if you think of any great substitutions or alterations. We are always looking for new ideas!
You deserve a refreshing Starbucks blue drink right now. You also shouldn’t have to ever wait in a long Starbucks line again. And now, you don’t!
You have our perfect blue Starbucks drink recipe that you can quickly make anytime you want. You should probably go make one right now. Enjoy!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Do you have questions about our blue drink? Feel free to leave your questions in the comment section below! We will answer ASAP! In the meantime, take a look at these frequently asked questions and answers that will hopefully help!
What is the new blue drink at Starbucks called?
The blue drink at Starbucks is called an Iced Passion Tango tea. However, you also need to ask for soy milk and a pump of vanilla syrup to make it like the ones you have been seeing online!
What does the blue drink taste like?
The blue drink is very refreshing and fruity. It has a sweet tropical taste that is enhanced by the addition of vanilla syrup.
Does the blue drink at Starbucks have caffeine?
No. It does not have caffeine. The blue drink is made with passion fruit tea which is an herbal tea. Herbal teas do not have caffeine. This tasty drink is caffeine free so you can enjoy it anytime of day!
Leave a Reply