A refreshing, fruity iced tea that will cool you down and quench your thirst!
Iced tea is such a classic drink. Almost everyone loves a big, cool glass of refreshing iced tea. Iced tea is also so simple to make. You can make homemade iced tea in a matter of minutes, giving yourself a delicious and healthy drink to enjoy. Our amazing raspberry iced tea is a true treat and one you will want to whip up all summer long. Luckily, it is very easy to do!
Ingredients to Make Raspberry Iced Tea
Knowing exactly what ingredients you need to make this tasty iced tea is imperative to knowing if it is something you will like. You also want to be sure that you have everything on hand before you start making your tea. Let us tell you all about the ingredients in raspberry ice tea so you can really understand the recipe.
- Honey- We like to use honey as the sweetener for most tea recipes. Honey tastes great with tea. It is also a healthier ingredient than regular white sugar. Honey is full of probiotics and immune boosting properties that will keep you healthy while also tasting great in the drink. It adds a rich sweetness that is unbeatable.
- Torani Raspberry Syrup- Torani raspberry syrup adds so much raspberry flavor to the iced tea. Torani is made with all natural ingredients and has a really strong raspberry taste. It really transforms the iced tea.
- Raspberries- Even though we use raspberry syrup in the iced tea recipe, real raspberries still add a great touch. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries to make the iced tea. Fresh raspberries are great in the summer when they are ripe and in season. Use frozen raspberries when you are making raspberry iced tea in the winter and need good fruit.
- Black Tea Bags- Any type of regular tea bags will work. English breakfast tea is a great, neutral option. We like black tea since it is the classic ice tea variety. We also like to use tea bags with long strings so the bags are easy to take out of the pot after they steep.
- Lemon Juice- Lemon juice gives the ice tea a bright taste. It enhances the flavor of the tea and compliments the sweetness of the honey. Use fresh lemon juice if possible as it has the best taste.
It is amazing how five simple ingredients can make such a great drink. We strongly recommend buying the big bottle of Torani raspberry syrup. It is great to have on hand since you will probably want to make this raspberry iced tea recipe often. The bottle will last you quite a while!
How to Make Homemade Raspberry Iced Tea
Making raspberry iced tea is actually very easy. Anyone will be able to make this tasty tea recipe. Here is what you need to do to mix up the perfect pitcher of raspberry iced tea.
- Add the water and honey to a large pot and bring to a boil. This will dissolve the honey and blend it into the water well.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the tea bags to steep for 10 minutes. Squeeze all of the water out of the tea bags (you will get a lot of strong tea out of each bag!). Discard the tea bags.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients into the tea.
- Pour the hot, flavored tea into a large pitcher, cover the pitcher and let the tea chill in the fridge. Once it is cold, pour a big glass over ice and enjoy!
All you need to do to make a perfect raspberry iced tea is to boil, stir and cool! It is pretty simple to do! You really should never need to buy iced tea ever again.
Substitutions and Variations
There are a few ways to switch up this raspberry iced tea recipe. Here are a few ways we have tweaked the raspberry iced tea to make it a little bit more exciting. There are also a few ideas for substitutions, in case you are out of a certain ingredient but really need to make raspberry iced tea in a hurry.
- Use green tea bags in place of black tea bags for a more mild taste
- Usge sugar free Torani syrup and erythritol in place of honey to make a sugar free raspberry iced tea.
- Add 1 cup of mint leaves to the tea as it steeps. Strain and discard the mint along with the tea bags. Raspberry mint tea is truly incredible.
- Skip the torani syrup but double the amount of raspberries in the recipe to make up for the flavor.
- Use decaf tea to make a caffeine free raspberry iced tea.
- Pour some of the raspberry iced tea into an ice cube tray and freeze. Use the raspberry iced tea ice to chill your drink. This will prevent the iced tea from being watered down.
- Replace the raspberries with strawberries to make strawberry iced tea using the same easy recipe.
If you come up with a great, secret ingredient to add to this iced tea recipe, let us know! We love trying new ways to make this recipe that may make it even tastier. Leave your special tweaks in the comments below to share with all of us.
Delicious, Homemade Iced Tea with Raspberry
If you love iced tea and you love raspberries, then this drink is made for you! It is truly delicious and so simple to make. You have no reason not to try this iced tea. You must make it! You will love it. We promise. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply