All winter long, tea helps us stay nice and warm. Then summer comes along and it’s time to turn that warm, toasty mug of hot tea into a perfect, refreshing iced tea.
Our mango green tea recipe is fruity, healthy and the perfect drink to help you kick off a great summer!
Ingredients in Mango Green Tea
You don’t need much to make mango green tea. Since the mango green tea recipe is only made with 4 main ingredients, we recommend using the highest quality ingredients possible.
Read a little about each ingredient and you will see why you want to get the best of the best!
- Green Tea Bags- Use your favorite brand of green tea bags. Any brand of green tea will work. Try using loose leaf tea which can be more powerful than pre-bagged teas.
- Water- Filtered water always works best to make tea. Filtered water has less impurities which means the tea will have a cleaner, more pure taste.
- Mango- Use ripe, fresh mango for the most flavor. The riper the mango, the more juicy and flavorful it will be. Frozen mango can be used in a pinch but fresh mango will definitely be tastier.
- Honey- A little honey makes the tea have a delicious sweetness. Honey is a natural sweetener with a rich, complex taste. It is the best way to liven up the mango green tea. You can skip the honey if you want a less sweet drink. A really ripe mango may be all the sweetness you need
- Mint- Fresh mint is a pretty garnish for the iced mango green tea. A little mint flavor will taste good too. It is a very easy way to brighten up your cup!
Fresh, high quality ingredients are key to making this green mango tea really great. Since there are not a lot of ingredients, each one will really stand out!
Choosing a ripe mango is essential to making a good tea. Ripe mangos are very juicy and naturally sweet. An unripe mango can be hard, taste starchy and be quite dry. Here are a few tips to help you pick a ripe, tasty mango.
- Smell the mango- a ripe mango will smell sweet and strong. Sniff the mango near the stem where it will smell the strongest.
- Squeeze the mango- A ripe mango will give a little when squeezed. Mangos should not be hard like rocks but slightly tender and soft. Press your finger gently into the side of the mango and your should see a finger imprint. This indicates that the inside of the mango is juicy and ripe.
- Ignore the color- Many people think a mango needs to turn reddish to be ripe. However, mangos can be orange, red or even green and still be ripe. When it comes to mangoes, color does not indicate ripeness.
Make a mango ripen faster by putting it in a paper bag, closing the top and then leaving it for a full day at room temperature. The ethylene gas produced by the mango will be trapped in the bag and ripen the fruit quickly.
You will have a perfect mango, ready to make into tea in no time!
Once you have found the perfect, ripe mango and stocked up on your favorite brand of green tea, you are ready to get started! Mankind iced mango green tea is pretty simple.
The recipe will get you a lot of servings so it is perfect to make for a small party or brunch. Feel free to double or even triple the recipe to make more delicious tea.
Take a quick look at what you need to do to make mango green tea.
- Blend the mango pieces, one cup of water and honey into a smooth puree.
- Bring the rest of the water to a boil then steep the tea bags in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze then discard the tea bags.
- Chill the brewed green tea.
- Mix the cold green tea with the mango puree.
- Fill four classes with ice and pour the mango green tea over the ice.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and enjoy with a straw
Pretty easy, right? Anyone can master this mango green tea recipe. Keep it in mind next time you are hosting a garden party or if you just need a refreshing, flavorful iced tea!
We love our mango green tea recipe just how it is. However, there are always ways to tweak a recipe and make it more suited to your personal tastes.
Take a look at these substitutions and variations before you start brewing. One little twist may change your tea completely!
- Use one cup of mango and one cup of strawberries to make strawberry mango green tea.
- Brew the tea with coconut water to make a tropical green tea. Coconut water is also quite healthy, giving your tea a nutritional boost of electrolytes.
- Use decaf green tea so you can enjoy a glass of mango green tea all day and all night.
- Make the mango puree in advance and freeze it in an ice cube tray. Add the frozen mango puree cubes to the hot brewed tea to help it cool down. Freezing the mango puree is also a great way to keep the puree fresh and ready to use.
If you come up with any great mango green tea tips or tricks, let us know! We all love to try new versions of our favorite tea recipes.
Give our incredible green mango tea a try and let us know what you think. It is the perfect fruity, earthy drink to give you a boost of energy with a sweet taste. Enjoy!
Do you have a few questions about green mango tea? Maybe these frequently asked questions and answers will help!
What does mango green tea taste like?
Mangos have a tropical, sweet flavor that is similar to pineapple and coconut mixed with a little bit of cantaloupe. Green tea has a earthy flavor that can be a little drying and very addictive. The two flavors combined make a drink with a fresh, fruity, herbaceous taste.
Does Starbucks have mango tea?
Starbucks has a black mango tea. It is made with a blend of mango juice, sweet passion fruit juice and a little lemonade. It is not a green tea like our recipe but a stronger, black tea version that is still pretty yummy.
Is mango iced good for you?
Yes! Mango iced tea has a lot of health benefits. It is full on antioxidants, electrolytes, vitamins and minerals. It can help you stay hydrated and even fill you up like a whole meal!