I recently got hooked on Starbucks Frappuccinos. That cold, creamy, coffee taste is just irresistible. I was at my local coffee shop buying at least one frappuccino a day. Yes, they were incredible but my wallet started hurting. Frappuccinos are not cheap!
I started to do a little research into how to make my own frappes at home and I discovered a magical machine. The Mr. Coffee frappe maker can make homemade frappuccinos with just the push of the button. This little machine sounds almost too good to be true! I have to learn more. Are you curious too??
What is a Frappe Coffee?
Let’s rewind for a second and talk about what a coffee frappe is. A frappe is a cold coffee drink made with coffee, water, ice and sugar. The mix is blended together until creamy and smooth. It is almost like a coffee milkshake or a coffee smoothie.
Frappes are often topped with whipped cream or foamed milk to make them look more like a cappuccino or latte. While these toppings are super tasty, the blender gives the drink enough frothy consistency making it creamy enough on it’s own!
How to Make a Coffee Frappe
Head down to your local Starbucks and order a caramel Frappuccino and then enjoy! Just kidding. It is way easier and cheaper to make your own coffee frappe right at home!
I spent hours googling how to make a frappe with instant coffee and how to make a coffee frappe at home and this is what I came up with.
Before I had a Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker, I would add coffee, ice, sugar, and a little milk to a blender and blend everything together until it was creamy and thick. This is a very easy way to make a frappe and all you need is a blender. You likely have all the equipment necessary to make your own frappe already! Of course, there is an even easier way….
Mr Coffee Frappe Maker
The Mr.Coffee frappe maker makes frappes almost too easy to create. If you weren’t already addicted to frappes, you definitely will be after you give this machine a try! Let me tell you a little bit about how it works.
- Start by adding coffee to the brewing basket of the Mr coffee frappe machine. The Mr. Coffee frappe maker doesn’t use pods which means you can use your own, favorite, ground coffee.
- Fill the blender cup with ice and place it on the coffee maker.
- Press the frappe button and the single serving of fresh coffee will brew right into the cup, pouring over the ice.
- Once the coffee is done brewing, press the blend button and the Mr Coffee frappe maker will start blending the coffee and ice into the perfect, frothy frozen drink.
- Pour your frappe into a tall glass or just drink it right from the pretty, petite blender cup!
Isn’t that so easy? One little machine can brew and blend the perfect coffee frappe with just the push of a button. It really is incredible and I really am completely hooked on this frappe maker. I can’t stop making homemade frappuccinos!
Mr Coffee Frappe Maker 3 in 1
I am crazy about the original Mr coffee frappe maker and think it does a fantastic job making my perfect, homemade frappe coffees. However, I just discovered that there is another frappe maker from Mr. Coffee- the Mr Coffee Frappe Maker 3 in 1. This little machine does EVEN MORE! How is that possible?! Let me tell you all about it….
The Mr. Coffee frappe maker 3 in 1 creates frozen, iced or hot coffee. It can brew a perfect cup of hot coffee or you can use the built-in blender to make your favorite frappes. Are you an iced coffee fan? Because this machine can make that too!
The easy measuring system helps you get the perfect ratio of coffee, water and ice for your frappes. It is a pod-free system and can brew your favorite 16 ounce ground coffee straight into a pretty, tall cup. This machine is basically like having your own automated barista right in your kitchen. It’s incredible!
Coffee Frappuccino Flavors
I definitely love the classic, no frills iced frappuccino. Coffee, ice, a little milk and a tiny bit of sugar make a fantastic drink. However, I am also a big fan of flavored frappuccinos. They are fun, tasty and a great afternoon treat.
Here are a few ways you can make flavored frappes using a Mr coffee frappe maker.
- Chocolate Frappuccino- Add one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, two tablespoons of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of sugar to the frappuccino cup before brewing your coffee. When the frappuccino blends, all those delicious extras will get mixed into your coffee frappe and create the perfect, homemade chocolate frappuccino.
- Caramel Frappuccino- Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of caramel syrup over the ice in your Mr. Coffee frappe maker cup. Brew the coffee into the glass, press the blend button and, ta-da! A perfect homemade caramel frappe is yours to enjoy!
- Nutella Frappuccino- Add 2 tablespoons of nutella to the frappuccino cup at the beginning of your recipe. Brew your coffee, blend it up and you will have one of the tastiest frappuccinos ever.
- Banana frappuccino- Toss a ripe banana into your frappe blender glass and be prepared to be amazed. Blended banana coffee is unique and incredible. This is also the perfect way to use up any over ripe bananas you have in your kitchen.
- S’mores Frappe- A homemade s'mores frappuccino is a true treat. Add two tablespoons of marshmallow fluff, 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips and 1 graham cracker to your blender cup. Fill the cup with ice and put it on your Mr Coffee frappe maker. Brew your favorite coffee into the cup and then blend all the ingredients together. Is this a dessert? A morning coffee? Drink it anytime you need a boost of happiness in a glass.
Once you get your own Mr Coffee frappe maker and star blending delicious, creative drinks, be sure to let us know what you create. Now that I am a mr. coffee frappe maker addict, I am always looking for new recipes and exciting frappe ideas!
If you are a frappuccino lover like me, then you need to check out the mr coffee frappe maker and also the mr coffee frappe maker 3 in 1. Both machines are perfect for brewing and blending your own, homemade frappe coffee in just a matter of minutes. You’ll never need to go to the coffee shop ever again! You can now make your own, perfect frappuccino drinks. Enjoy!
Musiime living says
Thank you for your the work i have been doing mistake on while making frappes