We often want a big iced coffee cup to help us get re energized and also quench our thirst on a hot day. Luckily, there are so many ways to make perfect iced coffee right at home! No need to run and grab a Starbucks iced coffee anytime the craving hits.
Simply follow one of these easy methods to make iced coffee at home. Grab a fancy, reusable iced coffee cup that suits your personality and you will be sipping and smiling in no time.
The most common way to make iced coffee at home is to brew hot coffee then let it chill. This does take a while but it makes pretty good iced coffee using any kind of coffee machine you may have. No need for fancy equipment or complicated steps!
While making iced coffee is as easy as brewing and chilling regular coffee, we do have a few tips and tricks for you to try.
- Make coffee iced cubes- Adding regular ice to coffee will water it down. Make coffee iced cubes and you can perfectly chill your coffee without reducing the flavor.
- Add extra grinds to your brew- Use about 1 ½ times the coffee grinds you usually would to brew your coffee. This will make a super strong iced coffee that will hold up even when chilled.
- Brew a day ahead- Brewed hot coffee does take a while to cool. It is a good idea to make it a day in advance so it really has time to chill. Have a full pitcher of iced coffee in your fridge every day so you never need to brew in a hurry!
Once you see how easy it is to make iced coffee at home, you never need to but Starbucks iced coffee ever again! Imagine how much you will save…
One of the easiest ways to make iced coffee is to use a K cup machine. K cup machines brew single serve coffees quickly and simply. All you need to do is pop a k cup coffee pod into the machine, add water and press a button! Perfectly brewed coffee comes right out of the spout.
Many people already use k cup machines for brewing hot coffee. However, you can also use most k cup machines to make iced coffee as well. Look for the “cold brew” button on your machine to make a chilled coffee.
If you do not have a cold brew option on your K cup machine, simply brew a hot cup of coffee then put it in the fridge to cool. You can also brew your k cup single serve pod using “strong” mode then add ice to the hot cup, cooling it quickly without sacrificing the flavor of the coffee. That “strong” button does come in handy!
There are so many different k cup options on the market. Here are a few of the best k cup for iced coffee and a little information about each one. Read them all so you know which iced coffee cup you will like the best.
- Starbucks Pike Roast- Starbucks Pike Roast k cups are one of the most popular on the market. Using them to make iced coffee is a fantastic idea. Pike roast is one of Starbucks most flavorful blends. It is delicious, chilled or hot.
- Green Mountain Coffee- Green Mountain is a very popular coffee brand. It is affordable and also very flavorful. You can find it in hundreds of coffee shops around the world. Grab some Green Mountain K Cups to brew a perfect iced coffee at home.
- Solimo Colombian Medium Roast- Solimo coffee is Amazon’s signature coffee brand. The Columbian medium roast is a perfectly balanced coffee that everyone will love.
You can really use any of your favorite K cups to make an iced coffee. Either use the cold brew button on your personal coffee machine or brew the coffee pod hot and then let it cool. Both methods for making iced coffee will work!
There are so many awesome, reusable iced coffee cups you can buy that It can be hard to pick the best one! There are iced coffee cups that are double lined to help keep your coffee nice and cold. There are stylish, monogrammed iced coffee cups and there are even glass iced coffee cup options. Here are a few of our favorite iced coffee cup choices to help you find the best one for you!
Tronco Glass Iced Coffee Cup- We love this trendy glass iced coffee cup. The bamboo top has a pretty, natural look. The insulator sleeve will help keep your coffee cold and keep your hands dry. Choose from tons of colors and patterns to perfectly fit your mood.
Astor Color Changing Cups- These color changing iced coffee cups are fun to use and can be washed and used again and again. Each cup changes to a different color based on temperature. You can easily see how much tasty iced coffee is left in your cup!
Starbucks Iced Coffee Cup- If you are a die hard Starbucks fan, then you should definitely grab these Starbucks reusable iced coffee cups. Bring them to your local store to get them filled with real Starbucks or make your own iced coffee at home. The cups are a nice thick plastic so you can use them again and again.
Hyper Chiller Beverage Cooler- Brew hot coffee using your k cup machine right into the beverage cooler. Swirl the hot coffee in the cooler cup for 60 seconds and then enjoy perfectly cold iced coffee. This is the best cup for turning your hot coffee into iced coffee incredibly quickly.
Iron Flask Tumbler- The Iron Flask tumbler is made with double walled metal to ensure your iced coffee will stay cold. The metal straw is sleek and easy to drink from. There are lots of fun colors to choose from, customizing your iced coffee experience even more!
Having a good iced coffee cup is essential to making the perfect iced coffee at home. Finding one you love will really change how you drink coffee. You won’t be running to get a Starbucks iced coffee cup anymore! You have your own, better cup and iced coffee to go in it.
We love a great big glass of iced coffee. It is so simple to make iced coffee at home that you never need to go to a coffee shop to buy iced coffee ever again. Follow our tips to make great iced coffee then pick the best iced coffee cup from our list. You will be ready to brew and sip homemade iced coffee in no time! Enjoy.