Have you tried a lavender latte yet? If you haven’t, then it is about time you did! But don’t worry, instead of buying an expensive lavender latte at your local coffee shop, you can just make your own at home!
Our lavender latte recipe is more delicious than anything you will get at a coffee shop. Let us tell you how to make this trendy latte and give you a few tips and tricks along the way!
Lavender lattes are delicious whether you drink them hot or turn this into an iced lavender latte recipe. Lavender has a subtle, floral taste that is slightly sweet. The honey flavor of the latte is also pretty strong in our latte recipe. It is rich and has a great vanilla essence.
A lavender latte is not as strong as lavender essential oil. You won’t be overpowered by the flavor of the lavender at all. We promise!
The delicious starbucks lavender latte is where we got the inspiration for our own recipe. Starbucks lavender latte uses lavender honey to add flavor to the drink. Lavender honey is made from bees that gather pollen from lavender flowers. This gives the honey a natural, subtle lavender taste that is irresistible.
Does Starbucks have an iced lavender latte? Why yes they do! They have a tasty version of their warm lavender latte that is served cold, over ice. Our lavender latte recipe can go over ice as well!
Wondering how many calories are in a lavender latte? A grande Starbucks lavender latte has about 260 calories. Are you now questioning how much sugar is in a lavender latte? The answer is 36 grams!
Of course, if how much sugar is in a honey lavender latte concerns you, you can always adjust the honey in our recipe to reduce the sugar content. Making a homemade lavender latte with our recipe is super easy to customize!
You don’t need much to make a tasty lavender latte. Let us tell you all about the ingredients you need so you can run to the grocery store right now and grab it all!
- Dried Lavender- Dried lavender is what will give your drink all the natural lavender flavor. Try to use culinary grade lavender which has been triple sifted to remove any stems, leaves or buds. All lavender is edible so don’t worry too much if your lavender isn’t labeled as culinary grade. Just be sure to strain it well! No one wants a lavender leaf in their lavender latte…
- Hot Milk- Steam your milk using an espresso machine steam wand. This will also help you froth it perfectly. You can also simply heat your milk in the microwave to get it to a good temperature. Any type of milk will work. We use whole milk as our go-to. It makes the lavender latte recipe extra creamy.
- Hot Water- Hot water is used to steep the lavender. Think of it like making tea. This is where you will get all your lavender flavor.
- Honey- Honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the latte. Honey and lavender are known to be a match made in heaven. If you can find lavender honey, even better! Of course, you can skip the honey all together if you want a less sweet latte. Maple syrup or lavender flavored coffee syrup will work well too.
- Espresso- Any shot of espresso will work well. Make it fresh so it’s nice and foamy. If you don’t have espresso, use ¼ cup of strong brewed coffee.
Okay, so, do you have all the ingredients you need? Is everything checked off your list? Good! Then you are ready to make our lavender latte recipe.
Let’s get brewing! We know we are drooling just waiting for a lavender latte. Luckily, it doesn’t take too long to make our yummy lavender latte recipe. Let’s dive right into how to make it!
- Steep the lavender for 10 minutes in the hot water then strain and discard the used lavender.
- Pour the warm lavender water into a mug and mix in the honey and espresso.
- Froth the milk using a steam wand, a frothing wand, a whisk or simply by shaking the milk in a mason jar to make it thick and foamy. Pour the frothed milk into the cup with the sweetened lavender espresso. Enjoy!
We like to add a drizzle of honey as a garnish and a sprinkle of extra lavender buds if we have them. This just makes the latte look extra fancy and adds a touch more flavor. Look at you making an extra fancy, coffee shop worthy lavender latte!
Now, let’s try to answer some of your biggest questions about our lavender latte recipe.
We get this question a lot. The answer is yes! Our lavender latte is sweetened with honey. Starbucks lavender latte is also made with lavender honey which makes it sweet.
If you are using our lavender latte recipe, feel free to adjust the sweetness as you’d like. You can completely skip the honey for an unsweetened lavender latte or you can double it up! You can also use alternative sweeteners like splenda, erythritol or just a little bit of sugar to sweeten your lavender latte.
If you are looking to order a lavender flavored drink at Starbucks, you are in luck! They do have lavender flavor but it happens to be in the form of honey. Starbucks has lavender honey that they use to flavor their lavender latte. You can add it to any drink you’d like but keep in mind that it is sweet and will also add the flavor of honey to your drink. Not that the taste of honey is a bad thing…
We hope you give our lavender latte recipe a try. It is pretty tasty and definitely a good switch from a regular old latte. That floral, honey taste can’t be beaten! Enjoy.