Looking for a milkshake that will blow your mind? Interested in a rich, sweet drink that you will want to make again and again? Want a new dessert that is a little healthy and also a little decadent? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the recipe for you!
Our peanut butter milkshake recipe checks all the boxes. It is sweet and rich but also has some nutritious components. It can be made pretty quickly so you can have dessert in just a matter of minutes. We know that this peanut butter milkshake recipe is one you are going to make again and again. Let us tell you all about it!
When you hear “milkshake” you probably think of desserts. Most milk shakes are true desserts, made with ice cream, sugar and other sweet ingredients that taste yummy but are not that healthy. We tried to add a little bit of nutrition to our peanut butter milkshake recipe.
Our peanut butter milkshake is made with frozen bananas. Bananas are rich in nutrients like fiber, vitamin D and magnesium. Bananas are known to improve blood sugar levels and support digestive health. They can even aid in weight loss, making you feel full for longer after you eat.
Frozen bananas also help make the peanut butter milkshake thick and creamy. Frozen bananas blend really well. They actually turn into an ice cream like consistency! They mix perfectly into the milkshake giving you a little bit of nutrition for your decadent dessert.
You already know that our peanut butter milkshake is made with healthy bananas, but what else do we put into the blender? Amazing ingredients of course! Here is what we add to our peanut butter milkshake to make is oh so good:
- Bananas- Bananas help make the milkshake thick and creamy. They add some beneficial vitamins and minerals to the dessert as well.
- Creamy natural peanut butter- Creamy peanut butter will give the milkshake the best texture. Natural peanut butter made with just peanuts has the best flavor. Lots of peanut butters have added sugars, oils or flavors that you really don’t need. All natural peanut butter is your best bet for flavor and nutrition.
- Whole milk- Whole milk is full of healthy fats and has a rich, creamy taste. You can use any kind of milk in place of whole milk. Coconut milk will add a tropical flavor that is quite tasty.
- Vanilla ice cream- You need ice cream in a milkshake! We love using vanilla bean ice cream which has lots of flavor and pretty black vanilla bean specks.
- Ground cinnamon- A touch of cinnamon is a great idea to help make a perfectly seasoned milk shake. A little spice really brings the milkshake to life. Cinnamon tastes delicious with bananas, peanut butter and ice cream.
- Whipped cream- You need whipped cream on a milkshake! It makes the shake look pretty and tastes delicious.
Once you have everything you need for the peanut butter milkshake, get out your blender and get ready for a real treat.
It is so incredibly easy to make a peanut butter milkshake. It only takes about 5 minutes to make this delicious dessert!
Before you get out your blender, be sure to freeze your bananas. Frozen bananas really add a great, creamy consistency to the milkshake. We recommend keeping a bunch of peeled bananas in your freezer so they are ready to use anytime a milkshake craving hits!
Take a look at how simple it is to make a peanut butter milkshake.
- Add all of the ingredients except the whipped cream to a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
It is amazing how something so easy can be so delicious. Anyone who can blend can make a perfect peanut butter milkshake.
Wondering how to make the most perfect peanut butter milkshake ever? We have some tips and tricks to help you do just that. Be sure to read all of these pointers before making your milkshake to ensure it blends into the best shake ever!
- Use a high powered, ice crushing blender. Stronger blenders really help make milkshakes super smooth.
- Add two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to make a chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
- Use chocolate ice cream in place of vanilla ice cream for a different way to make a chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
- Use almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk in place of whole milk. You can also skip the ice cream and add an extra frozen banana to make the recipe completely vegan.
- Skip the bananas and add an extra cup of ice cream for a more traditional peanut butter milkshake.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed Reese's peanut butter cups to make an even more decadent shake.
Got any of your own milkshake making tips? We are always interested in ways to make milkshakes better! Leave your tricks in the comments below.
We hope you give this delicious peanut butter milkshake recipe a try. It is a perfect dessert and also a great mid day treat. We won’t tell anyone if you blend up a peanut butter milkshake for breakfast- you deserve it! Enjoy!
We receive a good amount of questions about how to make a peanut butter milkshake perfectly. Hopefully these quick questions and answers will help you blend the most perfect drink.
Can you mix milk and peanut butter?
Yes, you can mix milk and peanut butter. Use a blender to get both ingredients blended together evenly. Using just a spoon will not blend the peanut butter well and cause it to sink to the bottom of the glass.
Can you put peanut butter in a shake?
Yes! Peanut butter is a great addition to any shake. It adds lots of plant based protein and flavor to a milkshake. A big scoop of peanut butter is delicious in just about any shake.
What is the most unhealthy milkshake?
The Heath Bar Shake from Baskin Robbins was voted to be the most unhealthy shake. It has about 2310 calories which is about how many calories an average person should eat in an entire day! 73 ingredients go into the shake including preservatives and artificial flavorings. All of these fake ingredients are not healthy at all.
What is the healthiest milkshake?
An example of a healthy milkshake is a banana oat milkshake. Make one with frozen banana, vanilla extract and a little bit of oat milk ice cream. You will be sipping on a healthier milkshake in no time!