Golden milk is a traditional Indian drink that has been around for centuries. It is loaded with health benefits and also an incredible amount of flavor. The turmeric laced drink is beautiful, tasty and nutritious!
Starbucks recently took note of this delicious golden drink and created their own version. While it may not necessarily be a new drink, it is a fantastic one and we are excited it has been brought back into the mainstream flow.
If you have fallen in love with Starbucks golden ginger drink or if you just love the classic Indian golden milk, then you will go crazy for our recipe.
Our golden ginger drink is made with just six simple ingredients. You can find everything you need in your local grocery store. Many of the ingredients are also shelf stable which means you can stock up and have them on hand, ready to make golden ginger milk anytime you’d like! Here is what you need:
- Coconut Milk- Use unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk not canned coconut milk. Canned milk is much higher in fat. Refrigerated coconut milk has a nice subtle coconut flavor and just enough sweetness to make this drink amazing.
- Pineapple Juice- A little pineapple juice adds a nice fruity tropical taste and also sweetness
- Honey- Honey adds a perfect, natural, rich sweet flavor to the drink
- Fresh Ginger- ginger has a nice spice and tangy flavor. It balances the sweetness of the drink wonderfully.
- Turmeric- Turmeric has a pungent and bitter flavor and so many nutritional benefits. It is also what makes the drink that beautiful golden color.
- Cinnamon- A little cinnamon add a nice, warm spice to the drink.
These simple ingredients are all you need to make a delicious, healthy drink. Want to learn a little more about how nutritious this golden ginger drink is? Let me tell you all about it!
There are quite a few health benefits to our amazing golden ginger drink. All the more reason to drink it every day! Here are a few of the benefits you will get from drinking this golden mix:
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory. It will help relieve joint pain and may even help with arthritis
- Ginger and turmeric are both antivirals. They can help boost your immunity and prevent viruses.
- Honey is a great source of antioxidants. It also helps with numerous digestive issues.
- Cinnamon has been shown to reduce blood pressure and is another antiinflammatory and antioxidant.
- Coconut milk helps promote healthy hair and healthy skin. It can strengthen the immune system and can even aid in weight loss
- Several of the ingredients have been linked to improving memory and preventing memory loss.
- The curcumin in turmeric can improve your mood.
Looking at all of these benefits and ways golden ginger milk can help you, it is clear to see why it should be a part of your everyday routine. Luckily, it also tastes so delicious!
Making our golden ginger drink recipe is so super easy. It only takes a few minutes to get this drink set up and ready to enjoy. If you have a blender, then you are all set! Just add all of the ingredients, except the ice, to a blender and puree until thick and creamy. Pour the golden milk into a tall glass with ice and enjoy!
You can also add the ice to the blender, making a golden ginger smoothie. This is perfect to enjoy in the summer! Try heating up the golden ginger drink and drinking it warm like tea when the weather turns cold. You can have this tasty drink all year long!
If you don’t have a blender, you can make the drink just by whisking the ingredients together in a bowl. This can work well in a pinch and will make a milk that is just as tasty. Just be sure to whisk well so there are no clumps of spices.
Try adding all the ingredients, except the ice, to a mason jar. Screw the lid on the jar and shake well. This is a great way to mix everything together evenly. You can also add some ice and then drink it straight from the jar!
We have made this drink many, many times. It is one of our favorite non alcoholic drink recipes out there. Since we have made it so many times, we have a few tips and tricks to help you make the recipe even better. Take a look at our secrets before you start mixing:
- Grate a whole ginger root and then divide it into ½ teaspoon sized scoops. Free the grated ginger on a tray and, once frozen, transfer the ginger to a bag. Anytime you want to make our golden ginger milk, you can just grab a frozen ½ teaspoon ball of ginger and pop it right in the blender. This makes it even faster to prepare this drink.
- Ground ginger can work in place of fresh ginger if needed. Just double the mount to get a flavor that is close.
- Orange juice and be used in place of pineapple juice for a new flavor twist
- Pour the golden ginger drink into popsicle molds for a delicious, healthy dessert treat. Add a little extra honey to make it even sweeter.
- Triple the recipe and serve it in a large pitcher for a party or gathering. Everyone will love this unique drink
If you come up with a great tip or trick to make golden milk, let us know. Everyone here would love to hear your secrets! Leave a comment below so we can all try your tips.
Our golden ginger drink is truly delicious. We think everyone should give it a try. The strong flavors of turmeric and ginger are quite interesting and definitely something you will grow to love. Even kids love the sweet taste and pretty color of golden milk. Make this golden ginger drink recipe soon and let us know what you think! Enjoy!