Most of us have tried a Red Bull on more than one occasion. The tasty energy drink is very popular and will definitely give you the extra caffeine you need to power through the day.
Red Bull is so tasty that it is often added to drinks and cocktails. There are lots of Red Bull mixed drinks out there but we wanted to create one that doesn’t have alcohol and lets the flavors of the Red Bull really shine through.
This drink will still give you all the energy of a red bull and all the flavors of a cocktail just without any alcohol at all!
Red Bull is a sugar-sweetened, caffeinated energy drink. It was first launched in 1987 and since then has sold over 100 billion cans. That’s a pretty impressive number!
One can of Red Bull has about 110 calories which is pretty comparable to similar bottled and canned drinks.
It is made with real sugar which is quite different from many energy drinks on the market that are made with artificial sugars and flavors.
Red Bull has about 80 mg of caffeine which is around the same as a cup of coffee. It has B vitamins which also help boost energy levels. Red Bull also has Taurine, an amino acid that is naturally found in the body.
Taurine helps maintain proper hydration and electrolyte balance. Sounds like there is a lot going on in that little can of Red Bull!
Wondering about the ingredients of mocktail? The main key is that there is no alcohol!
That means all the ingredients need to be perfectly measured and blended because there is nothing here to dull your taste buds.
One reason why people love Red Bull is because it is made with real, natural sugar. We wanted to keep this “realness” by using natural ingredients in our mocktail. We kept the ingredients simple and pure.
No extra sugar, just extra flavor! Here is what you will need to make our Red Bull Mocktail.
- Lemon Juice- A little fresh lemon juice brightens up the drink. It instantly makes the drink taste vibrant and bold.
- Red Bull- Our drink recipe is based on the flavors in classic Red Bull. Red Bull is tangy and citrusy so we tried to keep these flavors in mind. You can use a different type of Red Bull if you’d like. Red Bull Orange and Grapefruit Twist Red Bull would both be delicious in our Red Bull mocktail recipe.
- Orange Juice- Fresh orange juice also brings out the citrus taste of the Red Bull. Make sure your orange juice is pulp free so that your mocktail is perfectly smooth.
- Ginger Beer- Ginger beer is a non alcoholic drink that is made with ginger and water. It is fermented with natural yeast to make the drink fizzy. It adds a sweet and spicy flavor to our Red Bull mocktail that you will adore.
- Rosemary- A fresh rosemary sprig makes a pretty garnish. It also has a nice, herby flavor that goes well with the bright taste of the Red Bull mocktail.
- Lemon Slice- A simple lemon juice slice or lemon juice wheel will look nice on the glass. It also indicates what is inside the mocktail. Anyone who sees the lemon slice will know that the mocktail is lemony!
There are a few things you can substitute in this recipe if needed. If you can’t find ginger beer, look for kombucha which will give the drink some fizzy bubbles and a lot of ginger flavor. You can even make your own ginger kombucha using our recipe!
Skip the rosemary sprig if you’d like and just stick with the lemon slice. An orange slice is another great garnish that goes perfectly with the drink.
When you want a Red Bull mocktail, you probably want it right away. Easy drink recipes are always the best drink recipes!
Our Red Bull mocktail takes about 3 minutes to make so you can be sipping on a tasty drink super fast. Here is what you need to do:
- Fill a tall, highball glass with ice. Crushed ice or nugget ice cubes are the best.
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice, Red Bull and ginger beer to the glass and stir briefly. You want to just mix the ingredients but not knock out all the fizz in the ginger beer and Red Bull. A few quick stirs will work!
- Add the rosemary sprig and the lemon slice to the rim of the glass and enjoy!
We like to drink our Red Bull mocktail straight from the glass but you can feel free to use a pretty straw. Just be sure to drink it right away!
The fizziness is best when it is first poured and it definitely tastes best when cold.
If you are looking for a way to add a little more flavor to your Red Bull, make it fancier and more like a cocktail, this is the recipe you should try.
It is like a Red Bull enhanced. Make it for your next get together or just for yourself as a special afternoon treat. You deserve it!
Do you have questions about our mocktail recipe? If you do, leave them in the comments below and we will answer ASAP. Take a look at these FAQ’s and answers that may help you create your perfect drink.
What is Red Bull good mixed with?
Red Bull has a light, citrus flavor. It tastes good with other citrus juices like orange juice, lemon juice, grapefruit and cranberry juice. It is also good with herbs like rosemary, thyme and basil.
Red Bull is sweetened with sugar so you don’t need to add many sweet ingredients to it. It is sweet enough straight from the can!
Is Red Bull harmful?
Red Bull is considered completely safe to drink. As with any energy drink, it is recommended to drink in moderation. Too much may cause increased heart rate, tooth decay due to the sugar in the drink or might cause cardiovascular concerns.
However, this is when the drink is consumed in large quantities. Moderation is key!
Can you mix Sprite and Red Bull?
Yes you mix sprite and red bull. In fact, this combination is often mixed in various cocktails. Sprite just adds a little more fizz and brightness to a can of Red Bull.