Do you know all about the latest energy drinks? Do you keep up with all the sport drink trends? If you do, then you have definitely heard about Prime. You have probably even tried a Prime drink or two. It is super popular right now!
But why go to the store and buy a Prime when you could just make one at home? We looked at what makes Prime so special and recreated it in our own kitchen.
Our prime drink has everything that the bottled version offers but it tastes so much better. Fresh is always best!
If you want to make your own homemade prime drink, then we can help you. Our prime hydration drink recipe is easy, tasty and is loaded with health benefits. Let us tell you all about it!
Prime is a hydration drink that is bold and thirst quenching. It was designed as a drink to help refresh, refuel and replenish you for any endeavor.
The drink is made with branch chain amino acids (BCAA) which help stimulate the building of protein in muscles. It also has B vitamins, antioxidants and electrolytes.
Prime currently comes in six different flavors:
- Blue raspberry
- Ice Pop
- Tropical Punch
- Lemon Lime
While every flavor of Prime is delicious, we especially love the blue raspberry flavor which is why we decided to make our first Prime drink recipe using this flavor as a guide. We think it will be your favorite flavor, too!
There are a lot of potential benefits that come with drinking Prime. Take a quick look at some of the benefits inside each bottle of Prime:
- B Vitamins- Every bottle of Prime has B vitamins added to boost the drink. B vitamins help energize you, may improve brain health, and can help metabolize food, turning it into glucose for energy.
- Antioxidants- Prime has antioxidants which are widely known to fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals are compounds that can become dangerous in high levels, causing cancers and other diseases. A diet loaded with antioxidants can help prevent this. Prime has those antioxidants you need!
- Electrolytes- Electrolytes help control and maintain the fluid levels in your body. They can help you rehydrate after a long workout or on a hot day. Prime gets most of it’s electrolytes from the coconut water in the recipe which is very high in electrolytes.
- Branch Chain Amino Acids- BCAA help to restore and promote muscle growth. It can also help reduce muscle soreness and fatigue after a workout. BCAA is an additive in Prime but can easily be found in most health food stores in powdered form.
- Less Added Sugars- Prime has less added sugar especially when compared to other sports drinks on the market. It also contains fewer dyes and artificial ingredients than other popular sport drinks.
Prime is a pretty healthy sports drink with quite a few awesome perks. Want to know a little secret? It also tastes fantastic! How could it get any better? We know- it would be even better if you could make it at home….
Prime and Gatorade have a lot of the same flavors. With the same bottled flavors, you are likely to find that the two drinks taste very similar.
However, Prime does contain less added sweeteners so it is not as sweet as gatorade. Many people love this more mild taste since it is a little more natural than gatorade.
If you have a favorite gatorade flavor, you should definitely try that flavor of Prime drink. You may find out you like the less sweet, Prime version even more.
Now, let’s get down to the real thing you have been wondering about- how to make our homemade Prime drink recipe. Let’s start by looking at the ingredients you will need to make a Prime drink.
Here is what you will need to grab at the store:
- Coconut Water- The real Prime drink is made with coconut water so we decided this should be the base ingredient in our recipe, too. Coconut water has a delicious, refreshing taste that makes our hydration drink incredible. It is also full of electrolytes which the original Prime drink has as well. Coconut water is key to our recipe!
- Baby Spinach- Baby spinach naturally contains B vitamins. B vitamins are an important part of the Prime drink and one thing that sets it apart from other hydration drinks. Baby spinach has a very mild taste and will not overpower the other flavors in the homemade Prime drink. It is just pure, real goodness!
- Blueberries- Fresh blueberries add tons of flavor and natural antioxidants to the glass. They are sweet, juicy and beautifully blue! Frozen berries will work as well so whatever you have on hand, us!
- Blue Raspberry BCAA powder- A small scoop of BCAA powder adds beneficial amino acids to the drink. This is another ingredient that will really make the homemade Prime drink as close to the real thing as possible. We really like the Xtend brand blue raspberry BCAA powder which has a delicious blue raspberry taste as well as all the electrolytes and amino acids you need. If you can’t find blue raspberry flavor, get a plain BCAA powder to use in the drink. Remember that one large container of powder will last you quite a while! You’ll be able to make TONS of drinks!
- Blue Raspberry Syrup- A little blue raspberry syrup adds sweetness and flavor to the homemade Prime drink. It helps get our natural hydration drink to taste even more like the bottled version. Torani blue raspberry syrup is the best but any brand will work.
Get all of these ingredients in your local grocery store, healthy food store or just order everything online to be delivered directly to your door (that’s our favorite way to shop!). Once you have all you need, you are ready to make some delicious drinks.
Making a Prime drink is super simple. You just need to know how to blend and strain! Here is what you need to do:
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until super smooth. You want the spinach to be basically invisible!
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and then pour the drink mix through the sieve, catching the strained juice in the bowl.
- Press down on the puree in the bowl to make sure you get all the juice.
- Discard the puree in the sieve and then pour the strained juice into a tall glass.
- Add some ice and a straw then enjoy!
Easy, right? It definitely is! That is why we know you will be hooked on making your own Prime drink at home. It is simple, quick, tasty and has all the benefits of bottled Prime.
If you love hydration drinks and want a more natural version of Prime, this is the recipe you need to try. It has all the perks of bottled Prime with none of the fake stuff.
So go grab your blender and start making your own sports drink. You will be amazed by how great it really is! Enjoy.
We wanted to take a minute to answer some of your FAQ’s about our homemade Prime. Hopefully these answers will help you make the best drink ever!
Where is Prime drink available?
You can find Prime at large grocery chains like Walmart, Target, Kroger, and CVS. You can also order it on Amazon. However, you don’t need to buy it when you can just make it with our recipe!
Who is the wonder of Prime drink?
Vijender Reddy is the Co-founder and owner of Prime but wrestler/YouTune star Logan Paul and rapper KSI are the main faces of the brand.
When did Prime Drink Start?
Prime first launched in January 2022 when Logan Paul announced the drink on his YouTube channel. It immediately sold out. Pretty impressive!