Mojito mocktails may be one of the tastiest types of drinks. We love a good minty, lime drink especially in the summer.
We decided to take our favorite mint mojito mocktails a step further by adding even more delicious fruity flavor. Meet the blueberry lime mocktail.
You could also call it a blueberry mojito mocktail. Maybe a blueberry mint mocktail? Well, whatever we decided to call it, it is really amazing!
It is fruity, bubbly and minty
Let’s take it back a step for a second and talk about what makes a mojito. A classic mojito cocktail is made with white rum, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, mint, ice and sparkling water.
The mint is muddled with the sugar and mint. Muddling helps extract the natural, yummy mint oils that really make the drink great.
Lime juice and lemon juice are added to the muddled mint mix and then the rum is poured in. The mixture is shaken together then poured into glasses and topped with a little sparkling water.
Club soda is often a carbonated addition in mojitos in place of seltzer but both work well. As long as the drink has some yummy, fizzy bubbles, it will be amazing!
What exactly do we put into our blueberry mocktail? Well, we definitely skip the rum! While rum is a classic part of a mojito, we prefer the lighter, healthier alternatives.
We are living the dry life after all! Our blueberry lime mocktail is just one more tasty drink that proves you do not need alcohol to make something delicious.
Here is a quick look at what goes into our blueberry mint mocktail.
- Blueberries- Fresh blueberries work best for our blueberry mocktail. Frozen berries will work in a pinch but fresh berries have a better taste and nicer look when poured into the glass.
- Lime Juice- Fresh squeezed lime juice adds a bright, tart taste to the drink. It is one of the classic mojito ingredients!
- Sugar- A little sugar is perfect for sweetening the drink and also great for muddling the mint and berries. The grittiness of the sugar helps smash the mint and extract the oils from the leaves.
- Mint Leaves- Fresh mint is key to a taste blueberry lime mocktail. There are lots of different types of mint but classic, spearmint is what you will typically find in your local grocery store. Peppermint will also work well and give the mojito a new twist of flavor.
- Seltzer- Bubbly lime seltzer adds a great fizz to the mojito mocktail. It makes the drink refreshing and flavorful. We like to use lime seltzer to enhance the lime flavor but lemon, orange or plain seltzer will also work well.
Use some fresh lime slices to garnish the drink. Add an extra mint leaf or two to make it look extra fancy. Be sure to fill your glass with ice, too!
Our blueberry lime mocktail is definitely best when ice cold!
There are a few steps to our blueberry mocktail recipe however none of them are hard. A few can even be done in advance, prepping you for delicious mocktails later on. Here is what you need to do to make this delicious drink.
- Puree half the blueberries and lime juice to make a smooth mix.
- Muddle the sugar and mint leaves together in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the remaining fresh blueberries to the cocktail shaker and smash them together with the mint and sugar.
- Add the blueberry puree to the cocktail shaker and mix together with the mint and sugar.
- Pour the blueberry mint mix into two glasses filled with ice
- Top each glass with seltzer, garnish with a lime slice and enjoy!
Making a blueberry lime mocktail is actually pretty fun. Add some flair to your drink making and pretend to be a world class mixologist. Shake the cocktail shaker with some vigor or add a little dance to your muddling action.
Drink making should be fun! This blueberry mint mocktail recipe has lots of potential for entertainment.
There are a few ways to switch up this tasty blueberry mocktail, giving it a little flavor twist.
Your mocktails should suit your personal taste and we have a few things you can try to make it completely customized to you.
- Use blackberries in place of blueberries to make a blackberry mocktail.
- Muddle 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary along with the mint and sugar. A blueberry rosemary mocktail sounds fantastic!
- Use chocolate mint in place of regular mint for a sweeter treat
- Use brown sugar in place of granulated sugar to add a richer, molasses flavor
- Add some raspberries to the glass for a super fruity mojito mocktail.
- Replace the seltzer with white grape juice to make a carbonation free mojito mocktail
- Make the blueberry lime puree in advance and store it in your fridge for up to two weeks. Pull it out any time you are ready for a delicious blueberry lime mocktail.
This recipe has endless possibilities. Feel free to get creative and have fun with our blueberry lime mocktail recipe. Let us know what you come up with so we can try your mocktail creations too!
You really can’t go wrong with a blueberry lime mocktail. It is fruity, bubbly and minty. It really has it all.
Give this recipe a try and let us know when it takes the number one spot on your favorite drink list. We know that it will! Enjoy.
Do you still have questions about our delicious drinks? Hopefully these frequently asked questions and answers will help!
What replaces alcohol in mocktails?
Most mocktails replace alcohol with flavorful juices or seltzers. You can replace alcohol with alcohol free spirits which often have the same flavors as the original spirit but without the harsh alcohol. Some drinks don’t need any replacement for the alcohol, they are delicious on their own with the alcohol simply removed!
Is mojito and mocktail same?
A mojito and a mocktail are two different things. A mojito is a cocktail made with rum, lime juice, mint and seltzer. A mocktail is any type of alcohol free cocktail or mixed drink.
You can make a mojito mocktail by creating a mojito without liquor. That’s what we did in this recipe!