We absolutely love white tea. It is floral, sweet and super healthy. We wanted to take all the deliciousness of white and turn it into a tasty, nutritious shot.
When most people think of shots, they think of the alcoholic type of shots. That is definitely not what this is. Our shots are a quick, tasty way to get a boost of nutrition. Our white tea shot recipe is a fantastic addition to your daily routine. It will make you feel good when you are feeling down. It will cheer you up on a blue day. A white tea shot is exactly what you need. So let us tell you all about how to make a white tea shot so you can enjoy this amazing little drink, too.
Before we get started, we wanted to tell you a little bit about shots. A shot doesn’t have to me a drink made with alcohol. A shot is just a small amount of something. A quick little drink that is powerful and strong.
Exactly how much oz is in a shot? A shot is typically between 1.25 and 1.5 ounces. While a standard shot glass can hold about 1.5 ounces, most shot glasses are filled slightly below the rim.
If you're wondering how many mL in a shot glass, the answer is 30 mL to 45 mL. So how many ounces in 30 mL? 1.25 ounces! The size of a standard shot. This amount is perfect for quickly drinking in one big gulp. So if anyone asks you how much is a shot, now you can give a very confident answer.
Of course, there are bigger, two sip shots as well. We like to stick to the 30mL to 45mL shots that are quick, potent and easy to drink. Feel free to make a bigger shot if you’d like!
How many ounces in 50 mL shot? 1.75 ounces!
How many ounces in 60 mL shot? 2 ounces!
Woah, those shots are getting pretty big…
We tried to use the healthiest and yummiest ingredients to make our white tea shot. We also wanted to stick to ingredients you can easily find in any grocery store. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this tasty tea shot! Here is what you will need and a little about why each ingredient is so great.
- White Tea Bags- Any kind of white tea will work to make these tasty tea shots. White tea has a natural, floral taste that is also a little bit sweet. The flavor is mild and the tea is naturally low in caffeine. White tea is rich in antioxidants, can reduce the risk of heart disease and can even help you lose weight. Drinking white tea can also help protect your teeth from bacteria.
- Water- Water is needed to brew the tea. Since the water is boiled, it will be purified as it cooks so regular tap water will work!
- Honey- We love using honey to sweeten our white tea shot. Honey adds rich, vanilla flavor and it is also healthy! Honey is a fantastic source of antioxidants and can help with digestive issues. Honey will also soothe a sore throat.
- Lemon Juice- Lemon juice adds a little zing and bright flavor to the shot. It helps it taste a little lighter and makes it easier to drink. Just like honey, lemon juice can relieve a sore throat. It can prevent kidney stones, helps blood sugar levels and even has cancer fighting benefits.
- Ginger- Ginger is another powerhouse ingredient with an incredible amount of health benefits. It is even used quite often as a medicine. It can help with weight loss, lower blood sugar, treat nausea and even improve heart disease. Ginger has a nice spicy taste that is refreshing and tasty.
- Fresh Mint Leaves- There is no flavor as great as fresh mint. It makes your whole mouth light up with a bright zing. Mint is said to help muscle relaxation and also relief for nausea and headaches. It is quite the powerful herb!
As you can see, there are some very strong ingredients in our white tea shot. Potent is good! Powerful Ingredients make for a healthy, nutritious drink.
How to Make a White Tea Shot
We make our white tea shots very similar to how shots are made in bars. We muddle, shake and strain the ingredients making the drink look fancy while still being healthy. No alcohol in these shots! Only pure goodness…
Here is a quick look at how to make white tea shots.
- Brew the white tea and squeeze the tea bags to get every drop of tea out.
- Add the honey, ginger, lemon, mint and honey to a cocktail shaker and middle them together.
- Add the brewed white tea to the cocktail shaker along with two ice cubes.
- Cover handshake the cocktail shaker hard, really blending the ingredients together.
- Strain the white tea shots into four shot glasses and enjoy right away!
It isn’t actually hard to make our white tea shot recipe but it does look impressive. Make it at your next party and everyone will not only be wowed by your drink making skills but also amazed by how healthy the drink is.
Green tea shots are everywhere right now. You can find them in health food stores, coffee shops and even in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. So what is the difference between white tea shots and green tea shots?
White tea shots are a little more mild and sweeter than green tea. Green tea has an earthy taste which some people don’t like. If green tea is too strong for you, then white tea may be exactly what you need!
White tea and green tea come from the same plant so they have many of the same benefits. They are both high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. We like our white tea shot due to the sweet taste and fruity flavor.
Give these amazing, healthy white tea shots a try and let us know what you think. They may be your new go-to drink to help you wake up in the morning or to give you a nutritional boost throughout the day. Call it a white tea shot or call it a Tiro Blanco (That's white in Spanish), no matter the name, it will be delicious! Enjoy!