Have you ever heard of a molotov cocktail? If you have, you are probably thinking about the homemade grenade that originated in World War 2. However, when we think of a molotov cocktail, we instantly start thinking about super strong, delicious drinks. Anytime we hear the word cocktail, we just instantly start thinking of drinks!
We created a delicious molotov cocktail drink that we know you will love. Of course, our molotov cocktail is completely non alcoholic. Just because it has no alcohol, doesn’t mean it isn’t strong, addictive or incredible! Keep reading to learn all about our delicious molotov cocktail.
The term molotov cocktail usually refers to a homemade type of bomb. It is a crude bottle that is filled with flammable liquid and some kind of ignition. These bombs were used in World War two as a homemade grenades.
Since these bombs are so strong and powerful, the term molotov cocktail is often used to describe anything powerful or dangerous.
Of course, a cocktail is always our favorite term. Cocktails are any kind of mixed drink, usually containing alcohol. There are also plenty of virgin cocktails (we are experts in this category!).
We took the powerful part of the molotov cocktail and the cocktail part of the phrase to create an amazing drink.
We wanted to make a really strong drink to fit into the molotov cocktail image. We also wanted to make something that was yummy and tasty. Take a look at the ingredients we used to make our delicious, potent drink.
- Water and Sugar- Water and sugar are used to make a simple syrup. This syrup sweetens the drink and makes it super yummy.
- Red Thai Pepper- Red thai pepper is infused into the simple syrup, making it spicy and hot. One little red thai pepper packs a lot of heat. This will add the spice and fire to the drink.
- Lemonade- Lemonade adds a nice, tart taste.
- Peach- A ripe peach gives the drink lots of fruit flavor. Nothing beats the taste of fresh peaches!
- Mint- A little mint adds vibrancy to the drink. Mint has a sweetness and also a little bit of a bite. The more bite we can pack into a molotov cocktail, the better!
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar helps grind the mint leaves, extracting their flavor. It also gives the drink a nice, molasses sweetness.
If you can’t find red thai peppers in a store near you, replace them with any red hot pepper. Red chili peppers will work great. A red bell pepper can work in a pinch but won’t give the drink the same level of heat.
Now, we aren’t here to tell you how to mix up a homemade bomb. That is not our area of expertise! But we are going to tell you how to mix up an incredible, strong, very interesting drink. Take a quick look below to get an idea of how to make this recipe.
- Make a pepper simple syrup by boiling sugar and water and then letting a hot pepper steep in the syrup. This is how the cocktail gets its sweet and spicy taste.
- Blend a fresh peach into a smooth puree.
- Add the mint leaves and brown sugar to a cocktail shaker and muddle them together.
- Add the pepper syrup, lemonade and peach puree to the cocktail shaker then fill it with ice.
- Shake well then strain into two glasses.
- Enjoy while cold!
We recommend making the pepper syrup in advance and storing it in your fridge. Anytime you want to make this incredible cocktail, you will have the syrup ready to go!
There are a few tips that we want to share about our molotov cocktail drink. We also have a few substitutions and variations that you may be interested in. Take a look and see if any of these catch your eye.
- Use Torani Sweet Heat syrup in place of the pepper simple syrup. This will give your drink a great sweetness and spice without all the work of making simple syrup.
- Use peppermint leaves for a strong, minty taste.
- Use cherry puree instead of peach puree for a bright red, spicy but fruity drink.
- Double the amount of peppers for extra spice
- Use cranberry juice in place of lemonade for a new, tart twist on the drink.
Let us know if you think of a creative addition or substitution for this molotov cocktail recipe. The more tips and tricks we learn, the better!
We hope you give our unique, strong, virgin molotov cocktail a try. It is unlike any drink you have ever had before. It is sweet, spicy, fruity and a little bit minty. This drink really has it all! It may even blow you away….get it? Enjoy!
This drink is quite unique. We get lots of questions about the recipe and how to make this interesting drink. Hopefully these commonly asked questions and answers will help! You can always leave other questions in the comments below.
What is the best glass to serve a molotov cocktail in?
We like to strain our molotov cocktail into a martini glass. A strong yet delicate martini glass seems to be the epitome of this drink!
What alcohol is used in a molotov cocktail?
Our virgin molotov cocktail has no alcohol. It is completely alcohol free! However, it is still powerful, strong and delicious!
How do you know when a peach is ripe?
A ripe peach will give a little when squeezed. It should be slightly soft and also smell strongly of peaches.
How long does peach puree last?
Peach puree will stay fresh for 3 days in the fridge. You can also puree extra peaches and freeze the puree. Peach puree will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
Are red Thai peppers hot?
Red thai peppers are very hot. They are about 15 times hotter than a regular jalapeno. Thai peppers are about 50,000 to 100,000 on the Scoville Heat Scale. A jalapeno is only about 2500 to 8000 on the Scoville scale.