Imagine waking up on a tropical island everyday. The warm sea breeze in your hair, the salt water lapping at your feet, a cold, delicious smoothie in your hand… It sounds like a dream come true! We can help you make at least part of that dream actually reality. The part of the fantasy where you have a smoothie in your hand! We have just the recipe to make that happen.
We created our tropical smoothie recipe with the fruitiest, most tropical ingredients we could think of. Each one of the ingredients in this drink is straight off of a tropical island and into your glass. Here is what we use:
- Coconut Milk- Coconut milk is a great ingredient to add flavor to a smoothie and make it the ideal texture. It has a tropical flavor and will help your blender mix the smoothie perfectly.
- Coconut Greek Yogurt- Get some extra coconut flavor by using coconut Greek yogurt. Yogurt adds healthy protein to the smoothie and a nice tangy taste.
- Frozen Pineapple- Frozen pineapple makes the smoothie thick, sweet and tropical.
- Frozen Mango- Mangos are one of the most tropical fruits we know. Frozen mango must be included in our smoothie
- Banana- Bananas help make smoothies thick and creamy. Banana is also a tasty, tropical fruit!
- Lime Juice- Lime juice adds a vibrant, bright taste to the smoothie that helps cut the sweetness of the fruit.
- Shredded Coconut- Shredded coconut adds a little bit of texture of the smoothie that really puts it over the top.
These ingredients may be super tropical but you can find them year round in most grocery stores. The frozen fruit section of a grocery store can be your best friend! Hopefully it is packed with frozen pineapple and mango, just waiting to be blended into a smoothie.
Lots of smoothie recipes use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit is an important ingredient to making a delicious smoothie. Using frozen fruit enables you to make a cold, blended beverage without needing ice.
Ice can help make a smooth, cold drink but it will also water it down. More flavor is what most smoothies need. Adding ice will just take away from that! Instead, we like to use frozen fruit to chill and smooth our tropical smoothie recipe. Anytime you can use frozen fruit in a smoothie recipe you should!
Freezing fruit for a smoothie is very easy to do. Most fruit freezes very well. Fruits naturally have a lot of water and water, as you may know, freezes. To freeze fruit for a smoothie, chop it into small pieces and place it in a zippered freezer bag. Freeze the fruit for up to six months. Anytime you need to make a fresh smoothie, you can simply take the bag out, pop the frozen fruit into the blender and you will have a perfect smoothie in minutes!
We have made hundreds of smoothies. Maybe even thousands. After making all those great drinks, we have picked up a few tricks to making the perfect smoothie. Take a look at our tips and tricks to help you make a great tropical smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. It will make a creamy, perfectly blended drink that is very flavorful and strong. See our tips above about how to freeze fruit.
- Make sure you have enough liquid to blend. Frozen fruit can be very thick and put strain on your blender. The mix won’t blend if there isn’t enough liquid. If your blender is having a tough time chopping through the tropical smoothie ingredients, add a splash more milk. This will help loose it up and get your blender going.
- Blend for at least a minute or two. While your smoothie may look like it is pureed after just a few seconds, blending longer will help make the smoothie very silky. Every smoothie out there will benefit from blending a little longer.
- Get a good blender. Having a powerful blender will make all the difference. A good blender will chop everything perfectly smooth. A blender that is not so powerful will make chunkier mixes that may not be as yummy. A bad blender can also just be frustrating to use. Commit to making perfect smoothies and get yourself a good blender!
Do you have a favorite tip or trick to make a good smoothie? Let us know in the comments below! We are always looking for ways to make our tropical smoothie recipe and all of our smoothie recipes even better.
If you want a refreshing, healthy, beachy drink, give our tropical smoothie recipe a try. You will love every sip of this fruity drink. We strongly recommend this smoothie on a hot summer's day or in the middle of winter when you are craving that tropical feel. Enjoy!
Do you have questions about our tropical smoothie? Hopefully these frequently asked questions and answers can help! Take a look before you start blending.
Why is tropical smoothie not healthy?
Our tropical smoothie is actually healthy. It is made with fresh fruit which is full of vitamins and minerals. Using our recipe, you are sure to make a healthy drink. If you are looking at other tropical smoothie recipes, be sure there isn’t a lot of added sugars. Adding sugar to a smoothie is what makes it unhealthy.
Is Tropical Smoothie black owned?
Tropical Smoothie is a franchise smoothie company. Since it is a franchise, each location is individually owned. Many of them are black owned. In fact. Tropical Smoothie is estimated to be 193 times more likely to be black owned.
Does Tropical Smoothie have a secret menu?
Tropical Smoothie franchises do have secret menus. You’ll have to look online to find some of their top secret tasty drinks!
What are tropical smoothies sweetened with?
Our tropical smoothie is only sweetened with fresh fruit. We rely on the natural sugars in the fruit to make the smoothie sweet. If you head to the franchise called Tropical Smoothie, the drinks are sweetened with turbinado sugar or Splenda.