Have you ever wondered about the PF Changs strawberry cucumber limeade recipe? How do they make something so delicious, so tasty and so refreshing? Well, we know the secret!
We have cracked the PF Changs strawberry cucumber limeade recipe and we are sharing it with you now! No need to go to a restaurant to enjoy a super tasty drink when you can just make it at home! Let us tell you exactly how it is done.
Are Cucumbers Healthy?
Before we get started with our drink recipe, we wanted to talk a little bit about the benefits of this tasty drink. Let’s take a look at cucumbers first. Here is a quick look at the health benefits of cucumbers
- Cucumbers have lots of water so they are naturally hydrating
- Cucumbers are low in calories but high in nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin C and fiber
- They have antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the bloodstream
- Eating cucumbers can help lower blood sugar levels.
As you can see, we have one very healthy ingredient here. But what about the other ingredients in our strawberry cucumber limeade? Let’s keep looking!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Strawberries are another very healthy ingredient in our cucumber limeade. They may even be healthier than cucumbers! Strawberries have been shown to improve eyesight, reduce hypertension, strengthen the immune system and even help diabetes. Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants.
Fresh and frozen strawberries are both nutritionally the same. Look for quick frozen strawberries which are picked at peak ripeness and frozen quickly to lock in nutrients.
Ingredients in Our Strawberry Cucumber Limeade
So you already know there are strawberries in this drink and we talked a little bit about fresh cucumbers. But what else do we use to make strawberry cucumber limeade? Here is what you will need:
- Fresh Strawberries- We like using fresh strawberries which typically have the best, ripe flavor. Look for berries that are completely red and don’t have too much white. Strawberries will also smell strongly when ripe.
- Water- A little water helps dissolve the sugar and make sugar syrup to sweeten the limeade.
- Sugar- Sugar adds a nice touch of sweetness to the drink. You can replace the sugar with honey, agave or your favorite low carb sweetener. You don’t need too much, especially if your strawberries are nice and ripe.
- Lime Juice- Limeade needs lime juice! Fresh squeezed lime juice is especially great. It has the strongest, tangy taste and brilliant flavor.
- Cucumber-Fresh cucumber slices add a subtle, earthy taste to the drink. Keep the peel on when you slice the cucumber to add a little extra fiber to the limeade.
- Sparkling Water- Sparkling water gives the cucumber strawberry limeade a nice fizz. You can choose to skip the sparkling water and just add a little extra water. This is a good option if you don’t like carbonation.
Six simple ingredients is all it takes to make fresh cucumber limeade. And that is counting water as an ingredient! Simple drinks are always our favorites.
How to Make Cucumber Strawberry Limeade
It does take a few quick steps to make strawberry limeade but it is very easy when you break it down into parts. Here is a quick look at how to make perfect strawberry cucumber limeade in a matter of minutes.
- Blend the strawberries until very smooth and then pour the puree through a fine mesh sieve. Press down on the strawberries in the sieve to really extract as much juice as possible then throw away the dry pulp. Set the strawberry juice aside.
- Mix the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir so the sugar dissolves into the water and then remove the pot from the heat to cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled, pour it into a pitcher along with the strawberry juice, and lime juice. Whisk everything together then stir in the cucumber slices.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge to cool overnight and let the flavors infuse more.
- Right before you are ready to drink your strawberry cucumber limeade, add the sparkling water to the pitcher and stir briefly.
- Pour the limeade into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Simple enough, right? Well we also have some tips and tricks to make it even easier! Keep reading to find out more.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Cucumber Strawberry Limeade
We have made this yummy, copycat PF Changs strawberry cucumber limeade recipe quite a few times now. So we have a lot of tricks up our sleeves! Take a look at these pointers and then get started mixing up a customized non alcoholic limeade treat!
- Replace the lime juice with lemon juice to make strawberry cucumber lemonade.
- Swap out the sparkling water with any flavor seltzer. Lime, lemon and even raspberry seltzer will all add a nice flavor and effervescent bubbles.
- Replace the seltzer with regular water for an non carbonated drink
- Make the sugar syrup first and then puree the strawberries. The syrup should be cooled by the time you strain the berry juice
- Skip straining the berry juice for a thicker, smoothie like strawberry limeade.
- Frozen, thawed strawberries can work in a pinch but you will definitely get the best flavor with fresh berries.
Knowing these few alterations will help you craft the perfect, summery limeade drink.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start making strawberry cucumber limeade! Don’t drive all the way to a restaurant just to have a great drink! You can make it right now at home. Enjoy!
You Asked, We're Answering
Got a few questions about our tasty cucumber limeade with strawberries? We can help! Take a look at the frequently asked questions below and hopefully this will clean up some of your questions. You can always leave a question below in the comment section and we will try to answer ASAP!
How do you make a strawberry limeade slushy?
Making a strawberry limeade slushy is easy. Add the sugar syrup, lime juice, strawberry puree and ice in this recipe to a blender and puree everything until super smooth. Pour it into a tall glass and enjoy the tasty, refreshing slushy. Yum!
What's in Sonic's limeade?
The limeade at Sonic is made with limeade concentrate, fizzy lemon lime soda and cherry juice. If you love Sonic limeade, then we know you will go crazy over our tasty strawberry cucumber limeade- it has an even better, more refreshing taste!
Leave a Reply