A cold lemonade in the hot summer months is something everyone loves. That sweet, tangy taste just can’t be beaten. However, there is a way to make lemonade even better. All you need to do is turn it into raspberry lemonade!
The raspberry lemonade Starbucks serves inspired us to make our own, fruity lemonade recipe. The combination of sweet raspberries and tart lemons is irresistible and we wanted to figure out how to make it ourselves. No need to buy Starbucks raspberry lemonade anymore! You can use our recipe to make your own, big glass anytime you’d like.
Starbucks Lemonade With Raspberry Syrup
Have you ever wondered what is in Starbucks raspberry lemonade that makes it so delicious. Well, you read that heading right- it’s raspberry syrup! Starbucks uses raspberry coffee syrup to flavor their lemonade, giving it a very sweet, strong raspberry taste.
You can buy raspberry coffee syrup at most Starbucks stores or sometimes at the grocery store. Ordering it online is the easiest way to get raspberry syrup delivered to your door. We like Torani coffee syrups and also Monin syrups, both which are made with natural flavors and real sweeteners. You want your raspberry lemonade to taste as pure and sweet as possible!
Ingredients in Starbucks Raspberry Lemonade
We tried to keep our raspberry lemonade as close to the Starbucks version as possible. We know that people love that Starbucks lemonade with raspberry syrup and you are probably looking for the exact same taste in a homemade raspberry lemonade. So here is a quick peak at the ingredients we use to make our copycat Starbucks raspberry lemonade recipe:
- Sugar- real sugar makes the lemonade perfectly sweet. We like to use pure sugar rather than artificial sweeteners which can have a metallic aftertaste.
- Water- Water is the main ingredient in any lemonade recipe! It will help keep you nice and hydrated
- Fresh Lemon Juice- using fresh squeezed lemonade is essential to making a really good raspberry lemonade. Fresh lemon juice has a strong tart taste that is unbeatable. We like to keep the pulp in the lemon juice rather than strain it. It adds even more great flavor to the raspberry lemonade and really makes it taste homemade (in a good way!)
- Raspberry syrup- A few pumps of raspberry syrup will transform your lemonade into a raspberry lemonade instead of just a regular lemonade. That is how Starbucks raspberry lemonade is made so we go with it, too!
- Acai Juice- Starbucks raspberry lemonade is topped with a splash of acai juice. Acai juice has a blueberry, raspberry flavor with just a hint of chocolate. It also adds a very pretty, deep purple color to the raspberry lemonade. You can skip the acai juice, if you’d like. Your raspberry lemonade will still be fantastic. However, if you really want to make a Starbucks raspberry lemonade, then the acai juice is the key, secret ingredient.
How To Make Starbucks Raspberry Lemonade
It is so super easy to make raspberry lemonade. All you need is about 10 minutes to whip up this delicious drink. That is so much faster than going to Starbucks, waiting in line, ordering, paying and waiting again for your drink to be made. Sounds like you should definitely just make your own raspberry lemonade! Here is how to do it:
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small pot. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop and stir in the lemon juice.
- Let the lemonade cool completely in the fridge.
- Fill four glasses with ice and add two pumps of raspberry syrup to each glass.
- Top each glass with the lemonade. The raspberry syrup will mix into the lemonade as you pour.
- Top each glass with a splash of acai juice.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
The raspberry lemonade recipe is something anyone can make. You will never have to buy Starbucks raspberry lemonade again! All you really need to do its heat, stir and enjoy.
Variations and Substitutions
What lemonade does Starbucks have? Does Starbucks have raspberry lemonade ketones? What different flavors do they offer? A lot, actually! While Starbucks may not have raspberry lemonade ketones, they do have quite a few different flavors of lemonade and that is because it is so simple to flavor lemonade when you use coffee syrup. You can make as many different types of lemonade as you’d like, as long as you have the coffee syrup for it!
There are a bunch of ways to switch up this recipe just by changing the coffee syrup. Here are a few of our favorite lemonade flavors:
- Replace raspberry syrup with strawberry to make a strawberry lemonade. Add some fresh chopped berries as a perfect garnish.
- Make peach lemonade using peach coffee syrup
- Add a scoop of matcha powder to make a style of Starbucks matcha lemonade
- Make the sugar syrup with honey instead of sugar. Use orange coffee syrup and you will have a honey citrus lemonade
- Use passion fruit juice rather than acai juice to make a drink similar to Starbucks iced passion tango lemonade
- Use mango coffee syrup for a tropical, fruity drink
- Use your favorite fruit puree in place of the raspberry syrup. This will give you a very real, authentic tasting lemonade no matter what type of fruit you use
- Fill your glass with half lemonade and half iced tea. This will give you a delicious raspberry Arnold Palmer, another classic summer drink with a raspberry twist.
Lemonade is so delicious and really goes with so many different flavors. Anything that would taste good with lemon will taste good with lemonade! Browse some coffee syrup websites and see which flavor syrups catch your eye. The flavors of lemonade are endless!
We hope you give our copycat Starbucks raspberry lemonade recipe a try. It is a great drink to make all summer long. Making your own Starbucks raspberry lemonade will save you tons of money. Why go to a coffee shop and buy lemonade when you can just make it at home?! Let us know how much you love it! Enjoy.
Leave a Reply