Pomegranates are one of the most fantastic fruits out there. They are healthy and packed with flavor. More drinks should definitely be made with pomegranates. So, we decided to make one!
Our pomegranate mocktail is going to be one of your new favorite drinks. It is interesting and tasty but not too over the top.
Anyone can make this fancy drink! Let us tell you all about it so you can start mixing!
Pomegranates are a deep red fruit that are about the size of a standard orange. They have a tough, thick skin that can be peeled away to reveal red juicy seeds called aprils.
The jelly around the seeds is the part that is the most delicious. While the seeds themselves are edible, it is the bright red jelly that you really want!
Pomegranates are a very healthy fruit. They are loaded with nutritious vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help make our pomegranate mocktail tasty and beneficial to your health. It’s a total win!
Here is a very quick look at some of the potential health benefits of pomegranate juice:
- Pomegranates are low in calories and low in fat but high in vitamins and minerals. They will fill you up in a healthy way.
- Pomegranates are very high in antioxidants which are compounds that protect cells. They have been shown to help prevent disease and support overall health.
- Pomegranate juice can help reduce inflammation thanks to a compound called punicalagin.
- Pomegranate juice may slow the spread of cancer cells and even may have anti tumor effects.
- Pomegranate juice can support urinary health and prevent kidney stones.
With all of those benefits, you should start mixing up one of these drinks right away. You may even want to make it every day. We won’t stop you!
We know you are probably dying to make this drink. So we’ll go over the ingredients quickly. Here is what you need to make this delicious mocktail recipe:
- Mint Leaves- Fresh mint adds an incredible amount of flavor to the drink. Mint is bright, bold and zesty. There is nothing quite like it!
- Simple Syrup- Simple syrup gives the pomegranate juice the perfect amount of sweetness. Pomegranate juice on it’s own can be pretty tart so a little bit of sugar is necessary. Simple syrup blends right into the drink easily, without any grittiness. You can make your own simple syrup or just order a bottle online!
- Pomegranate Juice- You can find bottled pomegranate juice in the refrigerated juice section of your grocery store. You can also order it online when you are ordering your simple syrup! It will keep in the bottle for quite a while so order extra!
- Lime Juice- A little fresh lime juice will brighten up your drink perfectly. About ½ of a lime is plenty to make enough for this drink.
- Orange Juice- We like to use pulp free orange juice to keep the drink nice and smooth. However, if you like a little pulp, go for it! Fresh squeezed orange juice is always a good idea, too.
- Seltzer- Plain, unflavored seltzer is best for this drink. It already has enough flavor, all it needs is a little bit of bubbiness!
Now that you know what you need, go and get it! It’s time to start mixing up this delicious pomegranate mocktail already!
Our pomegranate mocktail requires a little flair but that is part of the fun of making a mocktail. You want to get a little fancy!
Take a look at how to make a pomegranate mocktail recipe and how to make it a fun recipe.
- Muddle the mint and simple syrup together in the bottom of a cocktail glass. You want to crush the mint leaves to help extract the oils and get the most flavor possible.
- Fill the cocktail glass with ice. We like to use crushed ice because it has a nice crunchy texture. Regular ice will work as well and one giant ice cube would be super cool.
- Add the pomegranate juice, lime juice and orange juice to the glass. Stir the drink a little bit and then top it with the seltzer. Give the drink two quick stirs.
- Float a few fresh pomegranate arils on the top of the drink and add a lime wedge to the rim of the glass.
- Enjoy the drink right away!
Show off your mocktail making skills when you muddle the mint. Stir the drink with a little bit of flair. Add those garnishes in a fun, exciting way and definitely be sure to use a festive straw as the finishing touch.
Now that you know all about pomegranates, pomegranate juice benefits and how to make the perfect mocktail with pomegranate juice, are you ready to give it a try?
We bet that you are. And we also bet that you will be totally amazed by this delicious drink. It really is great! Enjoy
We try to answer everyone’s drink questions ASAP. If you have a specific question, leave it in the comment section below. Hopefully these FAQs and answers below will help you as well.
What flavor goes best with pomegranate?
Pomegranate goes well with lots of different flavors. It pairs well with apple, orange, mint and just about any citrus fruit out there. It is also good with spices like cinnamon and ginger.
We stuck with the vibrant flavors like citrus and mint for our drink which keep the pomegranate juice tasting summery and bright.
What alcohol is made from pomegranate?
Wine can be made from pomegranate juice. Pomegranate wine is actually quite common in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Of course, we prefer our pomegranate juice with no alcohol at all. Our mocktail recipe is bold enough without any alcoholic content.
What makes a mocktail?
A mocktail is a non alcoholic drink that is made to be as complex as a craft cocktail.
Mocktails are created with blends of juices, herbs, sodas and syrups to make delicious drinks with no harsh alcohols. Mocktails are perfect for everyone!