We love a good latte. In fact, the promise of a delicious, flavorful latte is one of the things that gets us up in the morning. A good pistachio latte is something you can enjoy all year long.
The unique, nutty taste is delicious on a cool summer morning. It is also a beautiful light green color that is wonderful at Christmas time. Anytime is a good time for a pistachio latte!
The first time we ever had a pistachio latte was at a Starbucks. They are the creators of some fantastic drinks! One sip of a Starbucks pistachio latte and we knew that we had to create this drink at home.
We wanted to have at least one a day so we surely needed an easier way to make this happen!
We tried and tested our pistachio latte recipe many times, altering the ingredients to make it perfect.
Here is what you will need to make this pistachio latte, Starbucks style.
- Espresso- A good shot of espresso is key to this recipe. If you have an espresso machine, this is the best way to get a strong, fresh espresso shot. There are instant espresso powders that you can use that will work well also. You can always use extra strong, regular coffee to make “espresso”.
- Milk- Any kind of milk will work well to make a latte. Choose your favorite type of milk to make your ideal pistachio latte. We like to use whole milk since it is rich and creamy. Whole milk also steams and froths well. If you have a milk frother or steamer, try using whole milk for a very fluffy latte.
- Butter- We actually like to use salted butter for this recipe. The small amount of saltiness brings out the sweetness in the latte. Unsalted butter will work as well and give the pistachio and extra creamy flavor.
- Torani Pistachio Syrup- Torani syrup is made with natural pistachio flavoring. It has a wonderful nutty taste that flavors the latte perfectly. Using a flavored coffee syrup is the easiest way to create a tasty drink. You don’t need to buy real pistachios just to get that pistachio taste you want! Investing in a bottle of Torani syrup is a great idea to help you make perfect pistachio lattes every day.
- Brown Sugar- The brown sugar and brown butter sprinkle on the top of the pistachio latte is really what makes our drink so incredible. This little sweet touch is unbelievable. It adds so much flavor even though it is a relatively small ingredient in the mix. You can skip the sprinkle topping if you’d like but you will be missing out on a lot of extra buttery sweetness.
It is amazing how 5 simple ingredients can make a drink that is so incredible. Our mock Starbucks pistachio latte is even better than the original. You will have to try it to find out!
Making lattes at home is actually very easy. There are a few ways to make a coffee shop style latte at home and each one works well.
Here is a quick look at how to make a latte at home a few different ways.
- Use an Espresso Machine- There are lots of great home espresso machines on the market. Many of them work just as good (if not better) than the machines at your local coffee shop.
There are espresso machines in all different price ranges so everyone should be able to find one that fits their budget. Keep in mind that a coffee shop latte can cost several dollars per day. Investing in your own espresso machine will save you money in the long run. Look for one that can brew a shot of espresso and also steam milk.
- Use the Microwave- Many of us already have microwaves so making a latte in a microwave is a good plan. You can microwave the milk for the latte right in the microwave, heating it to the perfect temperature. The milk won’t be quite as frothy but it will still be warm and rich.
You will need to make the espresso for the latte in a different way. We suggest brewing double strength coffee or instant espresso.
- Use a Milk Frother- You can buy a small milk frother and steamer for about the same price as two Starbucks pistachio lattes.
A milk frother will whip your milk, making it bubbly and thick. Look for a frother that also heats the milk so you can save time.
Once you have the right equipment and get your latte method down, you will easily be able to make fantastic lattes at home, just like this pistachio latte recipe. Once you make one, you will never want to stop!
Once you make one, you will never want to stop!
We want you to be able to make the perfect pistachio latte using our tasty recipe. There are a few tips and tricks that may help you do just that.
Take a look at these little tips before you get started.
- Make sure to take the brown butter off of the heat right as it starts to turn brown. It can burn quickly!
- Dark brown sugar will add the most flavor
- Double the amount of espresso for an even stronger latte
- Sprinkle the top of your latte with chopped pistachios for extra flavor and texture
If you have any other latte tips, let us know! Together we can create a latte that is better than any pistachio latte starbucks review ever written!
Give this delicious pistachio latte recipe a try and you will be blown away. It is definitely a drink that you can easily enjoy every morning.
Pistachio lattes are such a unique drink and now you can have one as often as you’d like! Enjoy.