We love when coffee shops come up with new drink recipes. There is something so exciting about a new drink, especially when it is non alcoholic and something you can enjoy all day long. This is how we felt when we heard about the Dunkin Donuts coconut refresher. It was new and interesting. It sounded delicious and it came in a whole variety of flavor options. It was a drink we had to try.
The coconut refresher definitely lived up to all the hype. It has so much fruity flavor and just a hint of caffeine. But are Dunkin refreshers seasonal? Yes they are! That just means we have to create our own coconut refresher to ensure we can have it all year long, anytime we want!
While every flavor of coconut refresher Dunkin Donuts serves is pretty great, we especially love the Dunkin strawberry coconut refresher. We decided to recreate that delicious drink and make our own, homemade coconut refresher. So, if you also love the Strawberry coconut refresher Dunkin Donuts sells, then you must give our recipe a try!
What is In a Dunkin Coconut Refresher?
Have you ever wondered what's in a coconut refresher? We definitely have! And we needed to assess the drink in order to make our own version. Surprisingly, it is a pretty simple drink! The Dunkin Donuts strawberry refresher has just a few key ingredients and can easily be replicated at home.
The answer to what is in a Dunkin coconut refresher is this:
- Coconut milk
- Flavored fruit concentrate
- B vitamins
The type of coconut refresher you order will determine the flavor fruit concentrate in the drink. Dunkin offers coconut refreshers in strawberry, peach and pomegranate. Each one will also have a different nutritional make up.
Were you wondering how many calories are in a coconut refresher from Dunkin? Well, a small pink strawberry coconut refresher has about 110 calories while a large has about 230 calories. Our drink is pretty comparable but way more delicious thanks to the fresh fruit.
And one more question- do Dunkin coconut refreshers have caffeine? Yes but just a little bit. Dunkin refreshers get a little caffeine from the green tea extract in the flavor concentrate. It is about 91mg of caffeine in a small drink. A small cup of coffee has about 215 mg of caffeine, just as a reference.
Now that you know what is in a Dunkin coconut refresher, get ready to make your own, better version. We made our coconut refresher recipe using ingredients that are easy to find at home. Here is what you need to make this delicious, refreshing drink.
- Frozen strawberries- Frozen strawberries have a nice thick texture when blended. They help chill the drink and make it slushy. Frozen berries are also easy to find. Almost every grocery store has them in the freezer section.
- Sugar- A little sweetness is good in a coconut refresher. It helps make the drink more irresistible, especially if the strawberries were not quite ripe. Sugar or honey will both work well in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla helps bring the flavors of the coconut refresher to life.
- Refrigerated coconut milk- Be sure to use refrigerated coconut milk which is lighter and less sweet than canned coconut milk. Choose unsweetened coconut milk or get the sweet kind but then skip the sugar in the recipe
These four ingredients are all you need to make a coconut refresher that is almost identical to the one they sell at Dunkin. Make it even more like the Dunkin one by adding a few drops of liquid b vitamins. You can easily find them online and a little bit goes a long way!
Once you have all the ingredients you need to make a dunkin strawberry coconut refresher, you are ready to blend! And that is really all you need to do to make this delicious drink- blend! Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree the mix until super smooth. The mix will be a little slushy thanks to the frozen berries.
Pour the pink strawberry refresher into a glass and add ice if you’d like. Sip the tasty, cool drink with a straw or right out of the glass. How easy is that!
Dunkin donuts has a few different types of coconut refreshers. You can use this recipe to make all three types of coconut refreshers Dunkin offers. You can also tweak the recipe a little to make it exactly the way you want it!
Here are a few of our favorite coconut refresher substitutions and suggestions.
- Replace the frozen strawberries with 1 cup chopped frozen peaches to make a peach coconut refresher
- Replace the frozen strawberries with 1 cup of chilled pomegranate juice for a purple pomegranate coconut refresher.
- Use honey in place of sugar for a richer taste
- Add 2 cups of ice to make a coconut refresher smoothie
- Use 1 cup of brewed white tea and 3 cups of coconut milk to make a lightly caffeinated coconut refresher.
- Add a few drops of liquid b vitamins to give the drink a boost of nutrition.
It's amazing how a few little alterations can create a whole new drink. No matter which of these options you choose, your coconut refresher is sure to be delicious!
We know that you are going to take one sip of this delicious coconut refresher and be super excited by how good it tastes. It is better than the Dunkin Donuts coconut refresher and so much more convenient. No need to jump in your car or drive anywhere when you can just make a perfect coconut refresher at home! Give this yummy drink a try and let us know what you think. Is the strawberry coconut refresher your favorite or do you like the peach version? It may be hard to choose! Enjoy.