We absolutely love margarita mocktails. The margarita in general translates to a really good mocktail. Ditch that tequila and you will be so incredibly happy you did.
You will be able to taste the flavors of the margarita so much more!
You will especially want to taste every sip of this pineapple juice margarita mocktail. It is sweet and fruit but also tangy and bold. It is a great new twist on the classic margarita. Our pineapple margarita mocktail is fancy enough for a big party but easy enough for everyday drinking.
It is just great all around! Let us tell you all about it.
Before we dive into how to make a pineapple margarita mocktail, we just wanted to give you a little mocktail refresher. What is the definition of mocktail anyway?!
A mocktail is essentially a mock cocktail. Put those two words together, and you get mock-tail! Mocktails are drinks that are based off of cocktail recipes but contain no alcohol. They are usually mixed the same way as a cocktail, using shakers, blenders and cocktail stirrers. Mocktails are also made with very flavorful ingredients like fruit, spices and herbs.
A mocktail is a perfect drink choice for anyone looking to abstain from alcohol or just for those looking for a tasty, delicious drink. We have plenty of mocktail recipes to choose from! But now, back to our virgin pineapple margarita recipe…
Our margarita mocktail is made with just a few, fresh ingredients. Less can be best! Here is what you will need to make this delicious drink:
- Pineapple Juice- You can buy pineapple juice in any grocery store. It often comes in a can rather than a plastic bottle like other juices. This is because pineapple juice is so acidic, it can eat right through the plastic! But don’t let that little fact turn you off. It is super delicious, sweet and perfect for this drink. So crack that can open and start mixing!
- Lime Juice- Fresh lime juice is definitely best for this drink. Bottle lime juice will work in a pinch. One medium lime will make about ¼ cup of juice. Try using key limes to add a floral taste to the drink.
- Lemon Juice- Fresh lemon juice adds a nice zing. The lemon lime combo is what makes this drink a real margarita. Again, bottled juice will work if needed but try for the fresh squeezed juice. One medium lemon will make about ½ cup of juice.
- Orange Juice- We use store bought orange juice to make our pineapple juice margarita. You can opt to squeeze your own oranges if you are feeling super ambitious but bottled juice will work great. Make sure the orange juice is 100% juice and has no pulp. You want smooth, pure juice!
- Agave Nectar- Agave is a sweet syrup made from the agave cactus plant. It has a similar taste to honey but is a little more neutral. It really lets the taste of the pineapple shine through. Agave is a great sweetener for any margarita. It blends right into the mocktail without the gritty texture that sugar can leave behind. It is also 1 ½ times sweeter than sugar so you can use less of it and still get a great sweetness.
Our recipe also uses sugar and cinnamon to rim the glass, adding flavor in every sip. A lime wedge and pineapple are also perfect garnishes that you may want to try. We like to make our mocktails look as fancy as possible!
How to Make a Pineapple Juice Margarita Mocktail
We know that everyone can make this delicious pineapple margarita. It is easy enough for the novice bartender but fancy enough to look like it was made by a master mixologist. Here is what you need to do to make our mocktail margarita.
- Add all of the juices and the agave nectar to a large pitcher and stir well. Place the pitcher in the fridge to chill.
- Stir some cinnamon and sugar together on a small plate.
- Run a lime slice around the rim of each margarita glass.
- Dip the rim of each glass into the cinnamon sugar, coating the rim evenly.
- Pour the chilled pineapple margarita into the rimmed glasses.
- Garnish the glasses with a pineapple slice and a lime slice.
- Enjoy while cold!
Measuring and mixing is pretty much all it takes to make this pineapple juice mocktail. Our perfectly measured ingredients will ensure your drink is delicious.
All you need to do is mix them together!
This recipe is so perfect just as it is written. However, you can take this perfect recipe and tweak it just a little bit to make it your own, tasty, creation. Here are a few things you can try:
- Use margarita salt to rim the glass rather than cinnamon and sugar. This will give the drink a margarita-like taste that goes well with the sweetness of the juice.
- Replace the orange juice with coconut water. This gives the drink a delicious, tropical taste.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large blender along with 4 cups of ice. Blend until smooth to make a frozen margarita.
- Replace the 2 cups of orange juice with 1 cup of mango juice. Mango juice is much sweeter so you may not need the agave nectar at all!
If you come up with a great substitution for our pineapple juice mocktail, let us know! We love mocktails, we love pineapple juice and we love new drinks! So share with us, pelase!
Give this delicious pineapple margarita mocktail a try and let us know what you think.
It is a pretty delicious, summery, virgin drink that we know you will be making again and again. Enjoy!
Here are a few frequently asked questions and answers that we received about our delicious mocktail recipe. Hopefully these answers will help you make a delicious drink
Is a mocktail an alcoholic drink?
No! Mocktails are completely alcohol free. They contain no alcohol, just delicious ingredients so you can enjoy every sip without worry.
What is a good mocktail to order?
This pineapple margarita mocktail is pretty great! We would recommend ordering this! However, a regular, virgin margarita or a virgin pina colada are always standard non alcoholic drinks that most bartenders will be able to easily make. If you are making your own mocktails at home, definitely check out all of the ones on our website. There are quite a few, all of which are very tasty!
What are the benefits of drinking pineapple juice?
Pineapple juice is rich in nutrients. It may help boost your immunity and also help digestion. Pineapple juice can promote heart health and even fight certain types of cancer. It is a pretty powerful juice and it really tastes great in this recipe.
Tip for the perfect Pairing: For your upcoming culinary adventure, tantalize your taste buds with this delectable duo: smoked crab dip paired perfectly with our margarita mocktail. With its sweet and tart flavor combination, every bite of this appetizer will be sure to satisfy!