Tropical fruit, tangy lime juice and fresh mint make quite a powerful drink!
Have you ever seen a fresh passion fruit in the store and wondered what to do with it? Those small purplish, pink fruits are pretty irresistible. But once you have brought them home, what should you make?
The answer is simple. You should make a passion fruit mojito mocktail of course!
"Make a passion fruit mojito mocktail"
What Does Passion Fruit Taste Like?
When ripe, passion fruit is very sweet and also slightly tart. They taste almost like a mango and lime combined. Passion fruits also have a slight floral taste that adds to the interest of the fruit. All in all, the sweetness and tart taste is perfect for a mojito.
How to Choose a Passion Fruit
When looking for a ripe passion fruit, search for one that is slightly wrinkly. Wrinkles mean the fruit inside is starting to contract and ripen. The passion fruit should still feel heavy and dense.
A lighter fruit likely means the passion fruit has past it’s prime and the juice inside has begun to evaporate. If you are having a hard time finding fresh passionfruit, look for canned passionfruit juice or frozen passion fruit pulp which are more common.
However, when you do find some nice fresh fruits, snag a bunch! You will want to have them on hand to make this incredible, flavorful mocktail.
What's In a Passion Fruit Mojito Mocktail?
- Passion Fruit- Fresh passion fruit is the key to perfecting this drink. Passion fruit has so much delicious tropical flavor that it will make mocktail incredible without the need for much else.
- Mint- Fresh mint leaves are a requirement for a mojito. The vibrant flavor of mint is necessary. Be sure to muddle the mint well in order to get all the oils out of the leaves.
- Brown Sugar- Brown Sugar adds a rich sweetness that we love. Use regular white sugar if needed. Low carb sweeteners, like erythritol, will work as well.
- Lime Juice- Fresh lime juice brings our passion fruit mocktail to life!
- White Grape Juice- White grape juice adds a subtle flavor and sweetness to the drink.
- Ice- Our passionfruit mojito mocktail recipe is definitely best when served cold.
- Club Soda- We like our mojito to have a little fizz. However, you can skip the club soda if you'd like a non-carbonated mocktail.
Mix the ingredients together in a muddler just as you would for any craft cocktail. You are going to adore this tropical mojito mocktail recipe for sure!