A sweet fizzy drink that combines the flavors of cherry and ginger.
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients can make the tastiest drinks. You don’t need a long list of complicated ingredients or to spend all day in the kitchen to make something delicious.
This is definitely true in the case of our non alcoholic Monaco drink. Only three ingredients are all you need to make a yummy, bubbly and sweet drink!
There are two different types of Monaco drinks on the market. The traditional Monaco cocktail is a mix of beer, grenadine and lemon lime soda. The newer version of the Monaco is a canned cocktail made with Monaco brand vodka.
Our monaco drink is modeled after the classic European Monaco beer cocktail. We like to stick to tradition and add our own, new twist.
The Monaco is a drink made with lager or pale ale mixed with lemon lime soda and grenadine.
Adding grenadine helps sweetened the beer and the soda waters it down a little bit, making it tastier for those who aren’t into big, bold beers.
Monaco style beer is often a “beginners” drink. Younger adults and those who are new to alcoholic beverages enjoy Monaco’s since they are lighter and sweeter. The fruity flavors are less harsh than a hoppy beer.
Since we are firm believers in the non alcoholic lifestyle, we are all about drinks that are light on the alcohol. In fact, we decided to make the Monaco drink completely alcohol free.
It tastes just as good as a classic Monaco and probably even better!
While a Monaco drink may be quite flavorful and sweet, you really don’t need too much to make this great drink. Here is what goes into our non alcoholic Monaco cocktail:
- Ginger Beer- Traditional Monaco cocktails are made with regular beer. We chose to use ginger beer in place of an ale or lager. Ginger beer is completely non alcoholic. It is a cloudy, effervescent drink made of ginger and syrup. It has a strong, unique flavor that we know you will love.
- Lemon Lime Seltzer- Lemon and lime flavored soda are classically mixed into a monaco drink. We chose to use seltzer instead of soda since it has less sugar and fewer artificial ingredients. You will get the bubbles you want with the seltzer without all the additives.
- Grenadine- Grenadine is a very sweet, red syrup that makes the Monaco drinks sweet and pretty. That gorgeous red color is irresistible!
You should be able to find most of these ingredients at your local grocery store. However, we recommend going to a specialty health food store to find a really good quality ginger beer.
You can also find some great options online to order and ship right to your door. A higher quality ginger beer will really make a difference in the taste of your Monaco drinks.
Our Monaco drink definitely has some very healthy features. Ginger beer is the main ingredient in the mocktail and it is known to have lots of health benefits.
All the more reason to drink Monaco’s drink! Here is why you should be drinking more ginger beer:
- Ginger has many medicinal properties and can help nausea as well as morning sickness.
- Ginger can help with weight loss
- Ginger beer can lower the risk of heart disease
- It can give your immune system a boost thanks to the antibacterial properties found in fresh ginger.
- Ginger beer has anti inflammatory properties. This can help with breathing issues and reducing inflammation in the lungs and airways
- It can help detoxify your body, pulling toxins out of your system to help clear your skin and promote gut health.
Ginger beer really is incredible. It is amazing that something that tastes so good can also be so good for you!
If you are missing an ingredient or just thinking of ways to tweak this recipe, you may want to take a look here. These are a few of our favorite ways to alter the classic Monaco drink.
- Use alcohol free beer in place of ginger beer. This will give the drink a more traditional taste without the alcohol Of course, be sure to choose a non alcoholic beer that contains zero alcohol. A few NA beers have a little alcohol which can be detrimental to someone who is really trying to stay sober.
- Use lemon lime soda in place of seltzer
- Use cherry syrup in place of grenadine
We love our Monaco drink exactly how it is written but you can definitely try it a few ways to see which version of the drink you like best.
If you come across any great drink mixing discoveries, be sure to let us know!
We are always looking for new and exciting drink ideas.
We have made this drink recipe dozens of times. After a few trials, we have found what works best for this drink. We know these tips will help you make a fantastic Monaco drink.
- Only make Monaco mocktails when you are ready to enjoy them. The ginger beer and seltzer will go flat if not enjoyed right away. You want to taste those bubbles!
- If you want to make two or more Monaco drinks, measure the ingredients right into their own, large cup. This drink is best made individually rather than in a big pitcher and then divided. Line up your glasses and make a drink assembly line!
- Flavored ginger beer can be great for making Monaco’s. Lemon ginger beer, berry ginger beer or even peach ginger beer will taste great in this recipe.
If you like fizzy, simple drink recipes, then you need to try this tasty Monaco drink. It has great, strong flavors despite only being made with three simple ingredients.
Let us know how much you love our ginger beer mocktail. It really is one of a kind! Enjoy.