This tea punch is fruity, minty and perfect for any mocktail party!
Tea punch is a classic party drink. A big bowl of cold punch with a ladle sticking out is something that you see on buffet tables all the time. However, not all punches are that great.
That is why we created this mint tea punch- to ensure that your next party punch is fantastic.
Punch is a classic party drink
INGREDIENTS IN FOR A FRESH SUMMER PUNCH
Our mint punch has some incredible, fresh ingredients. It’s amazing how a few common, household ingredients can come together to make something so fantastic! Here is what you will need to make our punch recipe:
· Water- Hot water is used to brew the tea and cold water is used to chill the punch.
· Mint leaves- Fresh mint leaves are the best. Peppermint or spearmint work wonderfully
· Black tea bags- You can use either caffeinated or decaf tea depending on your
personal preference. Green tea will also taste great.
· White sugar- Sugar adds a powerful sweetness.
· Honey- Honey makes the tea rich and sweet
· Orange juice- Use pulp free orange juice
· Fresh lemon juice- Fresh squeezed lemon juice is the most powerful.
· Orange slices- orange slices look beautiful floating in the punch bowl
Once you gather all of your ingredients together, you are read to mix!
HOW TO MAKE PUNCH
The punch starts with some fresh mint and black tea. Place the tea bags and mint sprigs into a large pitcher. The tea and mint are mix with some boiling hot water and left to steep. This will create a very potent tea that is sure to smell fantastic.
Once the tea has time to steep, discard the tea bags and give the tea a stir.
Mix the honey and sugar into the hot tea and stir to dissolve the sugar. If your sugar isn’t dissolving right away, reheat the tea a little in a pot. Keep stirring and the sugar should disappear!
Add some cold water to make the tea a little less strong and bitter. Mix in some fresh orange juice to give the tea a fruity flavor while the lemon juice brightens the whole drink. Grapefruit juice or pineapple juice will work in place of orange juice as well. Any kind of citrus will taste amazing.
Once the tea is mixed, you can keep it in your punch bowl or pour it into a large pitcher to serve. The tea will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks so you will have plenty of time to drink it!
This non alcoholic punch is a great one to have on hand all summer long.
TIPS FOR MAKING OUR SWEET TEA PUNCH RECIPE
Before you star brewing your tea, take a look at these few little tips that help make the recipe perfect.
1. Pour the tea into a large punch bowl and serve with a ladle for a classic tea punch look. You can keep it in a large pitcher to serve as well.
2. Be sure to add ice cubes to the tea. Our tea punch definitely tastes best when you serve over ice.
3. The tea will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks so you will have plenty of time to drink it! It is perfect to make ahead for parties and a family get together.
4. Use green tea bags to make a lighter, green tea punch recipe.
5. Add extra sugar or simple syrup to make the tea even sweeter. A sweet tea punch is almost like a dessert!
We love serving this refreshing drink at all kinds of occasions. It is the perfect drink for baby showers, kid birthday parties, holidays, or to just have on hand in the fridge. Give this easy summer drink recipe a try soon. We know you will love it!