Looking for your new favorite summer drink? Look no further. You have found it. Lavender lemonade is the best, tasty twist on classic lemonade that we have ever had.
And guess what else? It is actually very easy to make. All you need is some lemons, a little dried lavender and a touch of honey. Some purple food coloring will also come in handy!
If lavender lemonade sounds like something you want to try, then keep reading. We will tell you all about this delicious, summery drink and how to make it.
So what exactly goes into lavender lemonade? What do you need to make your new favorite summer drink? Just a few select ingredients will give you a refreshing, yummy lemonade. Here is what we use in our lavender lemonade recipe.
- Water- You can’t make lemonade without water! Use filtered water to make sure your lemonade has the best, purest taste
- Honey- Lemonade needs a little bit of sweetness and honey not only makes the drink sweet, but it also makes it have a rich, natural taste.
- Dried Lavender- Dried lavender has an incredible, powerful flavor that grows stronger as it steeps in hot water. You can find dried lavender in most health food stores or order it online. Be sure to get food-grade lavender which is grown specifically for consumption. Look for organic lavender to make sure the lavender was not sprayed with harsh chemicals or pesticides.
- Fresh Lemon Juice- we like to use fresh lemon juice which has a bright, refreshing taste. Fresh squeezed lemon juice also has pulp which gives the drink a perfect texture. You can use bottled lemon juice if needed but fresh really is best!
- Purple Gel Food Coloring- A touch of purple food coloring makes the lemonade have a lavender color to match the taste. We like to use gel food coloring because a small drop is powerful enough to make your drink a brilliant color without altering the flavor.
- Lemon Slices- A perfect glass of lemonade needs a perfect garnish! A simple lemon slice is all you need.
Your local grocery store will carry most of these ingredients but we recommend checking out health food stores which may carry better quality lavender and honey. You can also source these ingredients online, finding the best quality lavender possible to make your perfect lemonade!
Once you see how easy it is to make lavender lemonade, you will start making it all the time. It is so simple and so satisfying to make! Here is what you need to do:
- Boil two cups of water then stir in the lavender and honey.
- Turn off the heat and steep the lavender for about two hours. The longer you steep the lavender, the stronger the flavor will be. However, if you steep the lavender for too long, the drink will have a soapy, perfumy taste. We found that one to three hours of steeping time is ideal.
- Add the rest of the water, lemon juice and food coloring and mix well. Add just a drop of food coloring to start then more if needed. The color turns bright quickly!
- Chill the lemonade and then enjoy!
Just a few simple steps is all it takes to make our lavender lemonade recipe. We are very confident that anyone can make it. We believe in you!
One of the best ways to tweak our lavender lemonade recipe is to turn it into blueberry lavender lemonade. This is super easy to do and will give you a beautiful, flavorful, fruity drink. Take a quick look at how to make blueberry lavender lemonade:
- Add ½ cup blueberries to the pot when you add the lavender.
- Once the mix has steeped, strain the liquid as directed, mashing the blueberries in the strainer to get as much juice out as possible.
- Make the lemonade as directed in the recipe and add a few blueberries as a garnish at the end.
Using blueberries in the lavender lemonade will also give the drink a natural, purplish color. You may not need any food coloring at all to get the color you are looking for.
Want a big glass of lavender lemonade? The answer is a definite yes! We know you will enjoy the slightly floral, slightly sweet and tangy taste of our lavender lemonade recipe. It is a great way to make your summer tasty, refreshing and exciting. Enjoy!
Do you have questions about our lemonade made with lavender? Something you may be wondering about this recipe? Hopefully we can answer your questions here! You can always ask a question in the comments below and we will answer ASAP!
What is lavender lemonade good for?
Drinking! It is refreshing and tasty, perfect for enjoying on a hot summer's day. Lavender lemonade has also been shown to help reduce headaches and anxiety thanks to the calming properties of lavender mixed with the antioxidants in lemon juice.
How do you make a lavender drink?
The flavor of lavender can naturally be added to drinks by steeping dried lavender into the drink. Lavender is a very delicate ingredient and cooking or boiling it in high, harsh heat can make it have a bitter taste. Adding dried lavender to warm water or juice then letting it sit is the best way to get the lavender flavor you are looking for in a natural, simple way.
Is lavender toxic to humans?
Lavender is not toxic to humans. It can be consumed in small doses, used in aromatherapy or as a topical oil. Some people may have a mild allergic reaction to lavender but this is not too common.
Does lavender lemonade make you sleepy?
Lavender does have soothing, relaxing properties. It is often used to help reduce anxiety and promote sleep. A glass of lavender lemonade may make you feel sleepy, especially after a busy day! We can’t think of a tastier way to unwind and rest than by enjoying some delicious lemonade.