A tasty, refreshing drink that is loaded with antioxidants and tropical flavors.
I know coconut water is the go-to summer drink for many of us. That is because there is nothing quite as refreshing as a big, cold glass of coconut water on a hot summer’s day. Sipping on a coconut water is also just more exciting than drinking regular plain water. The subtle tropical taste is definitely way more fun.
Ice tea is another classic, refreshing summertime drink. Freshly brewed iced green tea served with a slice of lemon is an iconic summer image. So we thought, why not combine the two tasty summer drinks and create an iced coconut green tea. Sounds pretty amazing, right? And it is!
What Does Coconut Green Tea Taste Like?
The tropical flavor of the coconut water goes perfectly with the earthy taste of the green tea. Fresh lemon juice brightens up the drink and a touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness. This iced tea is taking summer drinks to the next level!
Is Coconut Water Healthy?
Coconut water is very healthy. Not only does it taste good but it also has lots of nutritional benefits. Here are just a few of the ways coconut water can benefit you:
- Antioxidant properties fight free radicals in your body. They can help prevent heart disease, diabetes and illness.
- Coconut water can lower blood sugar
- It can prevent kidney stones
- Hydrates and revitalizes after prolonged exercise
- Has been shown to promote heart health
Coconut water is a natural source of many vitamins and minerals. Don’t you love when delicious drinks are also healthy?
Is Green Tea Healthy?
Green tea is the other major ingredient in our drink. Luckily, it is also insanely healthy! Here is what green tea can do for you and the benefits it has.
- Green tea has been shown to improve brain function
- The antioxidants in green tea can lower the risk of some cancers
- It can protect the brain from aging effects
- Green tea has been proven to reduce bad breath
- It can help prevent cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
Seems like another powerhouse ingredient. Imagine the impact that green tea plus coconut water can have on your body. Sounds like this is a drink you will need to start making daily!
How to Make Iced Coconut Green Tea
If you know how to brew tea, then you can easily make this coconut green tea. It is super simple and makes a good amount so you can have some now and save some for later. Here is what you need to do:
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the boiling water over the green tea bags and steep the tea for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea out of the tea bags, getting as much liquid as possible. Discard the bags.
- Stir in the coconut water, honey and lemon juice.
- Chill the tea
This recipe makes a nice, big pitch of coconut iced tea. Be sure to have a picture on hand all summer long. It is a healthy way to stay hydrated and happy. It is also a perfect drink to serve to your guests.
Variations and Substitutions
There are a few ways to switch up this iced coconut green tea recipe. Take a look at these variations and see which one you would like to try.
- Try the coconut water green tea served warm. Rather than chill the tea, pour it directly into a mug and drink before bedtime. Coconut water has been shown to help relax muscles and reduce stress. Green tea has amino acids that have been proven to promote restful sleep patterns. A big mug of coconut green tea and you’ll be off to dream land in no time. This double-duty iced tea is a drink you definitely need to try.
- Try using flavored coconut water. Pineapple coconut water will give your green iced tea even more tropical flavor. Ginger, lime and turmeric coconut water will add an incredible amount of flavor as well as extra electrolytes. See what kinds of coconut oil are in stores near you and give them all a try!
- Replace honey with maple syrup. This is another very flavorful, natural sweetener that tastes great with coconut and green tea. You can also use your favorite alternative sweetener to make this drink have fewer carbs. Erythritol works great and blends right into the drink.
- Pour two cups of the chilled iced coconut green tea into a blender with one cup of ice and puree until you get a thick slushie. This is an even more refreshing way to enjoy this delicious drink.
If you have any successful tips or tricks to this tasty coconut green tea, let us know! We always love to find new little secrets to help make our drinks even better.
Give our iced coconut green tea a try and let us know what you think. We hope that it will become your new favorite summer drink. It is flavorful, refreshing, easy and healthy. What more could you want from a drink? Seems pretty perfect to us! Enjoy.
You Asked, We’re Answering
We get a lot of questions about our mocktail recipes and we try to answer as many as possible. Hopefully these frequently asked questions and answers will help you! Leave any extra questions you have in the comments below and we will try to answer ASAP.
Does green tea go with coconut?
It definitely does! That tropical taste of the coconut is very tasty with the earthy, almost grassy taste of green tea.
Does coconut milk go with green tea?
Coconut milk in green tea is pretty good. We aren’t huge fans of milk in green tea but it can work for some people. We prefer to mix coconut water with green tea. Now THAT is a flawless combination.
Is green tea good with ice?
Green tea is definitely good with ice. This is a great, refreshing way to enjoy green tea in the summer. Green tea tastes even better chilled with a little bit of coconut added to the mix! Of course, our recipe can help you with that.
Leave a Reply