Have you ever dreamed about making a perfect iced caramel macchiato at home? This is a dream we have had many, many times. The idea of being able to have a yummy caramel iced coffee without having to buy one at a coffee shop sounds almost too good to be true. However, we have found a way!
Our easy iced caramel macchiato recipe is so delicious that you may never buy a caramel iced coffee ever again. Imagine all the money you will save! The best part is that you won’t be sacrificing flavor at all. Our iced caramel macchiato is better than Starbucks, better than your local coffee shop and completely homemade. Let us tell you all about it!
Macchiato sounds like a very fancy coffee. However, a macchiato is just a shot of espresso with a little bit of frothy, steamed milk. That’s it! Macchiatos are not so fancy after all.
Macchiatos have less foam than a cappuccino and much less milk than a latte. A macchiato is essentially all espresso with a tiny bit of foam just to cut the strength of the espresso. A splash of milk makes the espresso more palatable.
Iced macchiato is made with espresso, a little bit of milk and ice. It is creamy and strong but also refreshing. It is a great summertime treat!
The iced caramel macchiato is such a popular drink. Lots of people would rather have a strong iced caramel macchiato over a regular iced caramel coffee. Macchiatos have more flavor!
We have created a delicious iced caramel macchiato recipe that you are going to love. Here is How we make our tasty drink.
- Add some vanilla coffee syrup to the bottom of a glass. We like to use Torani or Monin coffee syrups, both which have incredible flavor and can be found in lots of stores.
- Pour the cold milk into the glass. Any kind of milk will work! As you pour the milk, the vanilla syrup will mix right in.
- Add ice to the glass, making sure to leave about 2 inches of space for the espresso.
- Add the brewed espresso to the glass.
- Drizzle the top of the iced macchiato with caramel sauce and enjoy while cold!
You don’t need a fancy iced coffee machine or to follow crazy, complicated steps in order to make this great drink. Did you ever think that making an iced caramel macchiato at home would be so easy?
While lots of people love real, sugary iced caramel macchiatos, some may strongly prefer a skinnier version. Luckily, our iced caramel macchiato recipe is very easy to make “skinny”. Here is what you need to do to make a skinny caramel macchiato using our recipe.
- Use sugar free vanilla syrup
- Use sugar free caramel sauce
- Use skim milk, almond milk or coconut milk for a lighter drink
Those three simple changes will transform your drink into a healthier, low sugar macchiato. All the sugar free syrups can be ordered online or found in your local coffee shops. Stock up so you can make skinny caramel macchiatos anytime!
We have a few tips and tricks that will help make your iced caramel macchiato even better. Try one trick or try them all!
- Use caramel syrup in place of vanilla syrup for an even more caramel packed drink.
- Add an extra shot of espresso for a stronger iced caramel macchiato.
- Use instant espresso powder to replace the brewed espresso. This will work perfectly, especially if you do not have an espresso machine.
- Double the recipe, making two iced macchiatos at once. You know your friends will want one too!
If you have any tips to help make a delicious iced caramel macchiato, let us know! We always love learning new ways to make our drinks even better.
Have you ever heard of the iced caramel cloud macchiato? It is a true treat! While most macchiatos are topped with a little bit of foamy milk, a cloud macchiato is topped with a puffy dollop of whipped egg whites. The whipped whites make the drink taste creamier, thicker and richer.
Try using meringue powder to make the cloud for your iced caramel macchiato. Meringue powder will make a fluffy, whipped egg white mix without the danger that comes with consuming raw egg whites. Meringue powder is completely pasteurized and safe to eat raw.
Here is how to make the whipped whites for an iced caramel cloud macchiato.
- Add a teaspoon of milk powder to a bowl along with 1 tsp of egg white powder and ½ cup of whole milk.
- Whip the mix with an electric mixer until very light and fluffy.
- Scoop the whipped egg white milk over your iced caramel macchiato and enjoy!
Whipped egg whites are a great substitute for steamed milk foam. If you do not have an espresso machine at home, this can be a great way to make foam for lattes and iced drinks!
Give our easy iced caramel macchiato or skinny caramel macchiato recipe a try. It is simple, tasty and a refreshing drink you can enjoy year round. You will never have to buy a iced caramel macchiato ever again. You are now a super fancy, at home barista, capable of mixing up the most delicious drinks ever. Enjoy!
We get lots of questions about our tasty drinks. Here are a few questions and answers about our iced caramel macchiato recipe. Hopefully these answers will help you create the most perfect drink possible!
Is Starbucks iced caramel macchiato strong?
A Starbucks iced caramel macchiato is made with two shots of espresso. It does have a good deal of milk and syrup in the mix so it doesn't taste very strong. It is a much sweeter iced drink than most!
How are you supposed to drink an iced caramel macchiato?
Sip an iced caramel macchiato from the rim of the glass. Using a straw will make you drink the milk on the bottom rather than sipping on the foam and espresso first. Drinking from the glass without a straw will help you enjoy the drink more, getting a little foam, caramel, espresso and milk in every sip.
Is an iced caramel macchiato considered and iced coffee?
An iced caramel macchiato is an iced coffee drink. Espresso is a type of coffee and a caramel macchiato is made with espresso. Therefore, it is definitely an iced coffee drink.