Humans aren’t the only ones who need great drinks. Dogs deserve a refreshing treat every now and then, too! The puppuccino Starbucks sells is probably the most popular drink in the dog community. We know that many dogs (and owners) have been wondering how to make this delicious doggy drink at home. Don’t worry little dogs, we can help!
We have created a delicious drink that is just like the Starbucks puppuccino. With this puppuccino recipe in paw, your dogs can enjoy an incredible drink anytime they’d like! Read a little more about our puppuccino and then start mixing! Your dog is waiting…
Ask any dog what their favorite drink is and they will surely say the puppuccino, But what is a puppuccino exactly?
A Starbucks puppuccino is actually just a Starbucks cup full of whipped cream. Whipped cream is perfectly safe for dogs and they also seem to love it!
The puppuccino cost is our favorite part of this delicious drink. They are completely free! That’s right! Your dog can enjoy a tasty puppuccino at absolutely no cost. This is especially great because dogs don’t tend to have a lot of cash on hand…
While the Starbucks puppuccino may be made just of whipped cream, we wanted to make our homemade puppuccino a little fancier. We wanted to create a dog-friendly drink that is a little bit more like a real frappuccino.
Human frappuccinos are essentially frozen, slushy lattes. They are the perfect summer treat and come in tons of different, delicious flavors. Dogs should also get to enjoy these tasty drinks!
So what is in a puppuccino? Our puppuccino recipe uses ingredients that are safe and healthy for dogs. Each one will give your dog a little nutritional boost and tasty muzzle-licking good! Here is a quick look at the ingredients in our puppuccino recipe and a bit about why they are great for your dog.
- Greek yogurt- Yogurt is a good source of calcium, protein and probiotics for dogs. TIt will help boost your pups immune system and can even help them get over an upset stomach. Be sure to use plain yogurt which has no extra sugar. Greek yogurt is great since it is nice and thick.
- Peanut Butter- Pure peanut butter can be a delicious treat for a pup. Be sure the peanut butter has no sugar or xylitol. Peanut butter made with just peanuts is best. It also has lots of protein which is good for a balanced doggy diet.
- Oats- Oats have vitamin B which can help keep your dogs coat shiny and healthy. Oats also have linoleic acid which is a kind of omega-6 fatty acid. It is great for keeping your pups skin strong and healthy. Oats are a wonderful substitute for wheat and perfect for any dog with a wheat sensitivity.
- Ground Cinnamon- A tiny bit of cinnamon can help reduce inflammation and even slow bacteria growth. This is great for older dogs who may be suffering from muscle pain. Cinnamon can also regulate blood sugar in pups and help reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Ice- Blending ice into the drink makes it more like a real frappuccino. It also helps make the drink refreshing in the hot summer months.
- Whipped Cream- You can’t have a real puppuccino without whipped cream! Be sure to use low fat whipped cream. Homemade whipped cream with no added sugar is your best option.
- Mini Bone- A mini bone garnish will make this homemade puppuccino even more picture perfect. Your dog will also see the bone and instantly know it is a treat for them!
With such healthy ingredients, this puppuccino is a perfect, everyday treat for your dog. If you get to enjoy daily Starbucks, your dog should too! Since our puppuccino is a little more nutritious than the Starbucks version, it is okay to have it more often.
Make our puppuccino recipe is so super simple. All you need to do is blend! Add all of the ingredients except the whipped cream and mini bone to the blender. Puree the puppuccino until very smooth. You want to really make sure that ice is crushed well!
Pour the puppuccino into a bowl or shallow cup. You want to make sure your dog can get every drop! Top the pup treat with the whipped cream and a mini bone. Serve it to your dog on a hot day, on their birthday, or on any day! It’s always a good day to celebrate your pup.
Give our homemade puppuccino recipe a try. It may be a little different than the Starbucks puppuccino but we think it is even better. It is more like the frappuccino that you drink, more nutritious and way more convenient. No need to head to Starbucks and drag your pup along, just make this recipe and put a smile on your dog’s face. Enjoy!
Do you have questions about our puppuccino recipe? We are happy to answer! Leave your questions in the comments below and we will answer as soon as we can. In the meantime, check out these frequently asked questions and answers. Maybe you’ll find the answer you’re looking for right here!
Is a puppuccino safe for dogs?
Yes. If you order a puppuccino at your local Starbucks, you will get a little cup of whipped cream. Whipped cream is mainly milk and dairy is okay for dogs in small quantities. Our recipe has even more delicious ingredients making it healthier and tastier for dogs. Our puppuccino is completely pet friendly and safe for your pup.
Are Starbucks Puppuccino free?
Yes, puppuccinos are completely free! You may want to order another, paid drink or leave your starbucks barista a tip if you plan to just order a puppuccino.
What is in a Puppuccino for dogs?
The Starbucks puppuccinos are just made with whipped cream. However, Starbucks whipped cream is sweetened so it is best to only give your dog this treat once in a while. Too much sugar isn’t good for dogs, just as it isn’t good for humans. Give our puppuccino recipe a try because it is completely sugar free (and more delicious!).