Water is well known to be the healthiest drink in the world. There is nothing as refreshing or good for your body as a big glass of water! However, drinking water everyday can get a little boring. Yes, we all love water and need water but there are also ways to make plain water a little more interesting.
Making homemade rose water drink is one way to make drinking water a little more fun. It is also quite easy to make rose water at home. You can make this delicious, subtly flavored drink in just minutes.
Let us tell you all about rose water and why it is a drink that you absolutely must try.
Rose water is simply water that has been infused with rose petals. Rose petals have a lovely, floral taste that is also a little bit sweet. When made correctly, rose water is subtle and not too overpowering to drink. It gives your water just the right amount of flavor to make it exciting.
One reason why we absolutely love rose water is because of its numerous health benefits. Rose water has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. Here are just a few ways to use rose water and what it can do for you.
- Anti Inflammatory- Rose water has natural anti inflammatory properties. It can help with both internal and external inflammation. Use rosewater topically to soothe inflamed skin or drink rose water to help reduce pain from inflamed joints or to soothe a sore throat.
- Contains Antioxidants- Rose petals have a number of strong antioxidants. They powerful cell protection and will help boost immunity to help you stay healthy.
- Heals Cuts- Rose water has long been used as a natural antiseptic to treat cuts and burns. It even helps scars heal faster when applied topically.
- Improved Mood- The extract in rose petals has strong antidepressant properties. A little rose water has been shown to help relax the central nervous system and help you remain calm.
- Relieves Headaches- Rose water is often used in aromatherapy to relieve headaches. It is likely from the calming properties of the rose extract that can release tension and soothe pain.
- Anti Aging- Rose water is often found in beauty products as a wrinkle reducer. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when applied topically and can also help skin stay hydrated when enjoyed as a drink.
- Soothes Digestive Problems- Rose water has been used for centuries to treat upset stomachs. A sip of rose water seems like an easy way to help make your stomach feel better!
There are so many benefits of rose water that we could really go on and on. We think we covered the most important ones! Clearly, it is a very healthy drink and ingredient.
You do not need much to make rose water from scratch. We do recommend using the highest quality ingredients to make rose water to drink. Keep in mind that this is rose water to drink, you only want to consume the highest quality foods!
Here is a very quick look at what you will need to make our rose water drink:
- Organic Rose Petals- Organic rose petals are not sprayer with chemicals or grown white high chemical fertilizers. They are much safer for using to make foods and drinks. Many floral shops will sell just rose petals, already off the stems. They may even label specific rose petals as “food safe” or “unsprayed”. These are the petals you want to get! You want all the flavor and health benefits of the rose petals without any of the chemicals.
- Distilled Water- Distilled water is made from the steam of boiling water. The steam is captured and then returned to its liquid state. Distilling removes minerals and impurities from water. Distilled water is completely pure and tastes slightly acidic. Since the water has no impurities or flavor, you can really taste the subtle flavor of the rose petals.
Two ingredients is all it takes to make this delicious rose drink. Such a simple recipe is one you absolutely must try!
Making rose water to drink is extremely easy. All you need to do is boil the distilled water with the rose petals, simmer and then strain. Anyone can make rose petal water in just a matter of minutes.
We recommend simmering the rose water over low heat for about 30 minutes. This gives plenty of time for the flavor of the petals to infuse into the water without being too overpowering or too subtle. Thirty minutes seems like the perfect amount of time!
Tips and Tricks About Rose Water Drink
We have a few extra little tips and tricks about our rose water drink that we want to share. We want to make sure you create the perfect rose drink and love every sip!
- Wondering how much rose water to drink daily? One glass of rose water per day is enough to get all the health benefits without overdoing it!
- Use white, red or pink rose petals. These color roses are easier to find organically grown. Pink and red petals will also give your drink a beautiful pink hue.
- Add the rose petals to the distilled water in a large pitcher or bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and then put the mix out in the sun. This is a great way to make rose water sun tea rather than boiling the petals. The flavor will still be great!
- Purified water can be used in place of distilled water. You mainly want to use water that is pure and free from impurities to get the most flavor.
If you have any great tips or tricks to making a perfect rose water drink, let us know! We are always interested in hearing your secrets for making delicious non alcoholic beverages.
If you have ever wondered how to make rose water to drink or thought about adding rose water to your daily routine, now is the time to do it! Our rose drink is so easy, so quick to make and very beneficial. You are going to love it! Enjoy.