Are you super active? Would you like a drink that will help energize you throughout your workout?
Do you also want a drink that has no sugar, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors added in? If this sounds like you, then Reign Energy Drink is for you.
Reign energy drink comes in a bunch of tasty flavors but each can has ingredients that will help you stay healthy and boost your energy levels. It is a really good drink.
While you can find Reign everywhere now, you can also try making your own. We have a great copycat Reign Energy drink recipe below. But now, let’s talk a little bit more about this yummy beverage.
What is in Reign Energy Drink?
Every energy drink on the market has their own little secret ingredient. So what is in Reign that makes it so special? The answer is COQ10.
Coenzyme Q10, also known as CoQ10, is a vitamin-like substance that is found in the body. It is required to help your organs function properly and also provides energy to your cells. It's a pretty powerful ingredient that comes in every can!
Reign also has branch-chain amino acids in each can. These help increase muscle growth, decrease muscle soreness and reduce exercise fatigue.
They are definitely a great supplement to add to your diet if you are working out alot or hitting the gym more frequently. Luckily, Reign energy drinks have BCAA right in it!
What are The Flavors of Reign Energy Drinks?
One thing that makes Reign especially amazing is all of the delicious flavors the drink comes in. There are so, so, SO many different flavors of Reign and the company is constantly coming up with new ones. It can be hard to keep up!
Here is a sneak peak at our favorite Reign flavors. There are many, many more but these are the most unique and the ones we love the most:
- Lilikoi Lychee
- Carnival Candy
- Razzle berry
- Orange dreamsicle
- Peach fizz
- Jalapeno Strawberry
- White Gummy Bear
- Reignbow sherbet
See any flavors you like? We bet that a lot of those flavors are intriguing. Look for all of these flavors in your local grocery store or convenience store. It is kind of fun to search for Reign flavors.
See if you can find and try them all!
Ingredients for Copycat Reign Energy Drink
We tried to make our homemade Reign energy drink as close to the real thing as possible but we also tried to use ingredients that are easy to find. We skipped all the preservatives and the “magnesium citrate” (because we are not sure what that is…) to make a cleaner drink. Here is what we use:
- Coconut Water- Coconut water has natural electrolytes that help you stay hydrated. It also has a tasty, tropical taste that is just a little sweet.
- Mango Juice- Mango juice gives our Reign all its flavor and sweetness. Look for mango juice that is 100% mangos so you get real, pure flavor and natural sugars.
- Lemon juice- A little lemon juice brightens up the drink and cuts the intense sweetness of the mango juice.
- Green Coffee Extract- Some green coffee extract gives the drink its energizing power. Reign is actually one of the most caffeinated energy drinks on the market so we wanted to be sure our drink had a good kick to it. It will definitely boost your energy levels!
- BCAA powder- Reign is known for helping increase muscle growth, decrease muscle soreness and reduce exercise fatigue. This all comes from BCAA powder which we add to our homemade energy drink recipe as well. BCAA is typically flavorless so it won’t alter the taste of the drink, just give it lots of power! However, you can buy mango BCAA here to give your drink even more mango taste!
Once you have all of the ingredients to make our copycat Reign Energy drink, the rest is easy. Like so easy you can make it in about three minutes. How do you do it? Keep on reading…
How to Make Reign Energy Drink at Home
To make our recipe, you will need measuring spoons, a measuring cup, a blender and a glass to serve your drink. We also like to add a fun straw to make drinking the homemade Reign even easier. Here is how to make Reign energy drink:
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Puree until the powder has dissolved.
- Pour into a glass with ice and enjoy.
If you do not have a blender, you can also whisk the ingredients together. Just be sure to whisk until the BCAA powder and green coffee extract have dissolved. We like using the blender because it really mixes everything up well, making it frothy and thick, but a whisk works just as good!
Substitutions and Variations
Reign energy drink comes in a lot of different flavors which means there are many different ways to switch up our recipe to make it into your favorite flavor of Reign.
The easiest way to change the flavor of Reign is to swap out the mango juice. Of course, there are a few other variations as well. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Use strawberry puree in place of mango juice and then add 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno to make a Jalapeno Strawberry Reign
- Add ½ cup sparkling water to make a carbonated version of the drink
- Skip the green coffee extract to make a decaf reign drink. You won’t get that intense boost of energy but you will have a tasty, recovery drink.
- Use flavored BCAA powder to add new tastes to your drink.
- Replace the mango juice with ¾ cup orange juice and ¼ cup milk to make the orange dreamsicle Reign.
- Blend the ice in the blender with the other ingredients to create a Reign smoothie.
We love our homemade mang-o-matic Reign and we think you will adore it, too. Give our recipe a try and let us know what you think. You are going to love making energy drinks at home, we just know it!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Got a few questions about Reign? Hopefully we answer them here for you! You can always leave us a message in the comment section below and we will try to answer ASAP!
Is the energy drink Reign good for you?
Reign has a very high caffeine content so you don’t want to consume too many at once. Drinking one Reign a day is safe. The drink does have added vitamins and minerals but it is not a health food drink. Be sure to drink it in moderation and you will be just fine!
Is Reign energy drink a pre-workout?
The caffeine in Reign great provides a great pre-workout boost and also will help give you sustained energy throughout your workout.
How long does it take for Reign to kick in?
It only takes about 10 minutes for the caffeine in Reign to enter your bloodstream. It will take about 5-6 hours for your body to use about half that caffeine.
Leave a Reply