Do you like healthy, non alcoholic drinks? Do you like drinks that will actually give you a nutritional boost rather than harm your health?
Then the Celsius drink is for you! However, buying a Celsius energy drink everyday can get pricey. That is why we created our own homemade celsius drink recipe! Now you can make a drink just as nutritious and beneficial as the Celsius drink right at home!
What is a Celsius Drink?
A Celsius drink is an energy drink that is focused on boosting your metabolism and helping your body burn fat while also giving you the energy to get through your work out.
Celsius is made with no artificial preservatives or flavors. It also has no corn syrup or fake sugars. It is often marketed as a healthy energy drink that will help improve your workouts.
What is in a Celsius Drink?
Celsius drinks come in all different flavors. From sparkling fuji apple pear to sparking strawberry lemonade, you are sure to find flavors that you love. However, what else is inside that can?
Here is a look at some of the main ingredients in a classic celsius drink:
- Carbonated Water
- Citric Acid
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice for color
- Natural Flavor
The drink also has caffeine, taurine, guarana extract, ginger extract, and green tea leaf added in. All of these extras are added to boost energy naturally and add some nutrients as well.
We kept all of the classic Celsius drink ingredients in mind when we created our homemade Celius drink recipe.
Ingredients for Homemade Celsius Drink
So, now let's talk about what goes into our homemade celsius drink. Our ingredients are a little different than what you would find in the can but they are just as good (if not better).
- Orange Juice- Orange juice has a nice sweet, citrus taste. It is also quite healthy and loaded with vitamin C. Many Celsius drinks are orange flavored so we thought it would be perfect in our version!
- Pineapple Juice- Pineapple juice has a sweet, tangy taste that we love. It makes our homemade celsius drink have a little bit of a tropical flair.
- Green Tea- Green tea has tons of natural antioxidants, something that canned Celsius also has. We also love the herbal, earthy taste that green tea adds to the drink. One cup of green tea also contains about 40 mg of caffeine which helps give our drink a tasty energy boost.
- Honey- Honey is a perfect natural sweetener. It also has tons of beneficial minerals that will help keep you healthy while also tasting pretty great.
- Lime Juice- Lime juice has a nice, tangy taste that brightens up the whole drink. You can’t go wrong with more citrus!
- Guarana Powder- Guarana powder will give you tons of natural energy. It is made from the seeds of the guarana plant. The powder has been shown to help improve concentration and stimulate the mind. It is very popular in Brazil as a health tonic and stimulant. If you can’t find guarana powder, simply skip it. Our homemade Celsius drink will be delicious and energizing without it. However, if you want to make a drink that is super close to the real thing, add that guarana powder!
- Sparkling Water- Celsius drinks are lightly carbonated. They have a nice, subtle fizz that really makes them quite refreshing to drink. We get that fizz by adding a little bit of plain sparkling water at the end of our recipe. It is the perfect finishing touch!
Most of the ingredients you need to make our Celsius drink can be found in your local grocery store. You may need to special order the guarana powder but we promise it will be worth the extra effort!
How to Make a Celsius Drink
We tried to make our homemade Celsius drink recipe easy enough that you can make it all the time. We also crafted it to be a recipe you can make in a big batch then store in the fridge for the whole week.
Our recipe will make you two, perfect servings but feel free to double or triple it so you have homemade Celsius drink for the whole week.
So how do you make a celsius energy drink? Here is what you need to do:
- Brew the green tea by boiling the water and then steeping the tea bag in the water for about 5 minutes. Be sure to squeeze the tea bag well, getting out as much of the tea as possible for maximum flavor.
- Add the brewed, chilled tea to the blender along with the orange juice, pineapple juice, honey, lime juice and guarana powder. Blend everything together well. You can also just whisk the ingredients together in a bowl or pitcher but we have found the guarana dissolves best when blended.
- Pour the drink into two large glasses, each glass should be about half full. Top each glass with the sparkling water then enjoy!
If you are making a big batch of homemade Celsius drink, blend everything together and then pour the mix into a large pitcher. When you are ready for a glass, top the individual portion with the seltzer right before you are ready to drink it. You want the seltzer to have that fresh fizz!
Homemade energy drinks are such a good way to get that boost of energy in a healthy and tasty way. Making your own Celsius drink is not only easy, but it is also a lot less expensive than buying a Celsius everyday.
Give our recipe a try and we know you will love it just as much, if not more, than a regular Celsius drink in a can! Enjoy!
You Asked, We’re Answering
Have some questions about our homemade Celsius drink recipe? Hopefully these FAQ’s and answers will help! If you are still wondering about something, feel free to leave a question in the comments below. We will try to answer ASAP!
Are Celsius drinks good for you?
There are a lot of vitamins and minerals added to Celsius drinks. One drink actually contains about 131% of your daily recommended riboflavin. This may help prevent eye disease, cardiovascular disease and even boost the immune system.
Does the Celsius drink help you lose weight?
Yes. The bottle Clesius drink has been designed to help boost metabolism and burn extra calories by raising the body temperature. It may lead to extra weight loss.
This was so refreshing and delightful! We’re not drinking alcohol this January so your recipes have been a go-to. Thank you!
This was so refreshing and a really nice treat for my girls - they felt so grown up when I served it to them!
I love that there is nothing "fake" in this recipe! It has such an uplifting flavor and definitely woke me up from my midafternoon slump!
We made this for Sunday brunch and everyone raved about it.