Have you tried Alani Nu energy drinks yet? If you haven't, you definitely should. They are one of our new favorite sports drinks on the market. We just can’t get enough of the fun flavors.
However, you know by now that we far prefer to make our own drinks rather than buy bottled drinks. So, of course, we had to assess Alani Nu and figure out how to make our own Alani Energy Drink from scratch.
We think our homemade Alani Nu recipe comes pretty close!
Alani is a sugar free energy drink that only has 10 calories but 200 mg of caffeine. It also contains biotin and a slight carbonation. Alani comes in a wide variety of flavors. Here are the current flavors of Alani are:
- Watermelon Wave
- Cherry Slush
- Cosmic Stardust
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- Trippie Hippie
- Blue Slush
- Berry Pop
- Fruit Blast
- Rocket Pop
There are also a few flavors of sparkling Alani Energy Drink as well. We like the lemon creme, orange and pina colada the best. The peach and cotton candy flavor are also worth a try!
Alani has a lot of added benefits that makes it quite appealing to those who are focused on diet and wellness. We wanted to give you a quick look at what Alani has to offer and why it may be one of the healthier hydration drinks on the market.
- Alani has added B vitamins which help to convert food into energy. This is one way that Alani helps boost your energy levels. B vitamins can also help improve your nervous system, skin and aid in digestion.
- Guarana in Alani is known to improve athletic performance and help you lose weight. It also contains natural caffeine to help you stay energized.
- Alani is sugar free which is perfect for those watching their sugar intake or for anyone who experiences diabetes. The drink is still nice and sweet thanks to sucralose.
- Alani only has 10 calories per can making it a super low cal drink.
- Alani has biotin added to the mix, a specific B vitamin that can help maintain a healthy nervous system, liver, eyes and hair. Adding biotin to your diet can even make your skin have a beautiful glow!
Overall, Alani is a pretty healthy hydration drink. It has quite a few nutritional benefits and is very low in calories and sugar, especially when compared to other hydration drinks on the market.
When we set out to make a homemade Alani drink recipe, we wanted to be sure our drink had just as many nutritional perks as the real Alani.
We tried to create a drink that has B vitamins, natural caffeine and is still pretty sugar free. Of course, it also had to taste good!
Our Alani drink recipe tastes like Alani Cherry Slush. It is sweet and hydrating but still pretty healthy. Here is what we use in our recipe:
- Coconut Water- Coconut water is very hydrating and full of electrolytes. It has antioxidants, nutrients and a delicious tropical taste. Coconut water does have about 40 calories per cup but the benefits of coconut water far outweigh the calorie count.
- Sparkling Water- A little bit of sparkling water makes our drink have a beautiful fizz. Alani is slightly carbonated and so is our homemade version!
- Sugar Free Cherry Syrup- We get that great cherry slush taste by using sugar free cherry syrup. You can order it online or look for it in your local coffee shop. It is sweet and delicious without adding any calories or sugars to the drink
- Sunflower seeds- Sunflower seeds are a natural source of taurine. They add this essential B vitamin to our drink, mimicking what is in the Alani can.
- Guarana Powder- Guarana is a type of seed that grows in Brazil. The seeds are packed with natural caffeine that helps give our drink an incredible, energizing boost. The powder is fairly tasteless so it blends perfectly into our cherry slush drink.
A packet of guarana powder, a bag of sunflower seeds and a bottle of cherry syrup will help you make tons of Alani drinks. Don’t be afraid to buy the big sizes- you are going to want to make this drink every day!
Once you have your ingredients together, making our Alani energy drink is super easy. Here is how to put it all together:
- Add the coconut water, cherry syrup, sunflower seeds and guarana powder to a blender.
- Puree the mix for at least a minute. You really want the sunflower seeds to be as ground as possible and for the powder to be well blended into the drink.
- Strain the drink through a fine mesh sieve, discarding any pieces in the strainer.
- Pour the cherry juice into a tall glass. Add the sparkling water and some ice then enjoy!
It is just as easy to make one Alani drink as it is to make three or four. Double up the recipe so your friends and family can all enjoy a big glass with you!
Making your own energy hydration drinks is not only fun and delicious but it is also a great way to save money. Our recipe will help you make the Alani drink you crave at a fraction of the price and with a much more natural approach than what is in the can.
Give our copycat Alani a try and you will be surprised by how much it tastes like the real thing! Enjoy.
We love answering your questions and comments about our drink recipes. Hopefully these FAQs and answers will help you make the perfect drink!
What do Alani drinks do?
Alani is a low calorie, low sugar, energy drink that is hydrating and nutritious. It helps increase endurance performance thanks to the caffeine in the drink. It can also help aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism without sugar.
Are Alani energy drinks pre workout?
Alani is a great pre workout drink. It has a good amount of caffeine to help jump start your workout. Drinking a can before your workout will also help you stay hydrated which helps boost energy levels as well.
Is there alcohol in Alani energy drink?
No! Alani is completely alcohol free. Our homemade version is also alcohol free. Drinks with no alcohol are always our favorite!