We love festive mocktails and this gingerbread martini mocktail is definitely on of our favorite Christmas time drinks. Each sip tastes like Christmas! With no alcohol in the drink, you can enjoy as many martini mocktails as you’d like! They make a great dessert or special treat on a cold December’s day.
Gingerbread has always been a popular flavor during the Christmas season. Gingerbread goes back centuries to the time of the ancient Greeks. They would use gingerbread for ceremonial purposes and then it made its way into mainstream Europe in the 11th century.
Gingerbread dough was often pressed into molds, making the cookies look like people. Queen Elizabeth I would often give gingerbread men likenesses to her visitors.
Gingerbread houses became popular in the 1800’s and decorating gingerbread houses just naturally became a Christmas pastime. Gingerbread has long been considered sacred and special which is why it fits the Christmas season. You must have special things at Christmastime!
Our gingerbread martini mocktail has a few, special ingredients that make it perfect for the holidays. You want to drink something special around Christmas- no time for boring, basic drinks!
Here is what we put into our gingerbread martini mocktail:
- Milk-We like using whole milk since it has the creamiest taste. Feel free to use your favorite non-dairy milk or even try using heavy creamy for a super decadent drink.
- Ginger Beer- Ginger beer is a non alcoholic, fizzy drink. It is made with ginger, water and sugar which is fermented and then carbonated and bottled. It is spicy, robust and much more flavorful than regular ginger ale.
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla adds a rich layer of flavor and sweetness.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar is a decadent sweetener that is used to make gingerbread. It is perfect for adding authentic flavor to our gingerbread mocktail recipe.
- Ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon- Spices are essential to gingerbread and our blend is perfect for this christmas drink.
- Molasses- A lot of rich molasses goes into gingerbread. We rimmed our martini glasses in molasses to give that sweet taste to every sip.
- Crushed gingerbread cookies- Crushed gingerbread cookies make the perfect rim garnish for a gingerbread mocktail martini.
You can find all of the ingredients for our gingerbread christmas drink in your local grocery store. You may want to buy a little extra because this is sure to be your go-to holiday drink!
Our gingerbread drink recipe is so easy to make. It only takes about 5 minutes. Maybe ten minutes if you need to rim lots of glasses. Everyone is going to want a sip of this martini so the chances of you filling extra glasses are pretty high!
- Dip the edges of the martini glass in molasses and then into the crushed gingersnap cookies.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the ginger beer, to a cocktail shaker and shake hard. We like the milk to get a little foamy so be sure to give an extra shake or two.
- Add the ginger beer to the milk mix and stir gently. You want the ginger beer to be blended in well but not lose its carbonation.
- Pour the Christmas mocktail into the prepared glasses and enjoy while cold!
As you can see, this is a pretty simple drink. It will look very impressive on your Christmas table. All the flavors in the glass are reminiscent of holiday traditions. They are quite tasty traditions at that!
Give our gingerbread drink a try and let us know what you think. Happy holiday and Merry Christmas!
We want your Christmas drink recipes to be perfect. Hopefully a few of the frequently asked questions and answers will help you make incredible drinks. If you still have a question about our gingerbread martini mocktail, feel free to ask- we will answer as soon as we can!
What is gingerbread made of?
Gingerbread is a baked sweet containing ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. It is sweetened with brown sugar, molasses and sometimes honey. Butter, flour and eggs are also added to the mix.
Is ginger beer mocktail?
Ginger beer is a great base ingredient for a mocktail. It is non alcoholic and made by fermenting ginger, water and sugar. Ginger beer is carbonated so it has a nice fizz.
Can gingerbread be healthy?
Blackstrap molasses has many known health benefits. It has lots of vitamins and minerals that are nutritious. Our gingerbread mocktail is also made with milk. Milk has lots of healthy calcium. There is a good amount of sugar in this mocktail recipe so it may not be the healthiest choice but it is delicious!
Are gingerbread men made of ginger?
Gingerbread men are made with ground ginger. Ground ginger is the primary spice in gingerbread.