Refreshing and zesty are the best words to describe this delicious mocktail.
We love mocktail recipes that are easy. When it only takes five minutes to make a perfect drink, we are on board! That is just one of the many reasons why you need to try this ginger beer mocktail. Yes, it is super easy to make but it is also incredibly flavorful and refreshing.
What is a Moscow Mule?
A Moscow mule is a classic, iconic cocktail. It has been around for ages! That is because it tastes so great, no one can get enough of it!
A regular Moscow mule is made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. It is typically served in a copper mug which takes on the cold temperature of the liquid.
The cocktail was named “Moscow Mule” in the United States. Moscow stems from the Russian origin of the vodka in the drink and ‘mule’ because the ginger beer gives the drink a nice kick of flavor. The name stuck and is still what this cocktail is called today!
Ingredients in a Ginger Beer Mocktail
You only need a few delicious ingredients to make a ginger beer mocktail. Here is what we use for our mocktail.
- Ginger beer
- Lime juice
- Sparkling Water
- Pineapple juice
- Lime wedges
Be sure to choose a really great ginger beer as this is the flavor that will shine through the most. Fresh lime juice is also key to making the drink bright and zesty. Canned pineapple juice works just fine but, if you feel like making your own juice, blend fresh pineapple chunks and strain them. The fresh pineapple juice, ginger beer and lime will be fantastic.
Mixing a Pineapple Ginger Beer Mocktail
Whipping up this drink is the easiest thing you do in the kitchen all day. Essentially, you just need to stir all of the ingredients together! Here is how it’s done:
1. Add the crushed ice to two large copper mugs
2. Add the ginger beer, lime juice, sparkling water and pineapple juice.
3. Give the drink a quick stir (we mean QUICK! You do not want the ginger beer or seltzer to loose their fizz from too much stirring).
4. Garnish your drink and enjoy!
As easy as this drink is, you will be making it all the time! That brings us to the next point we want to talk about, how to adjust this delicious drink to fit the seasons. Keep reading to find out more!
Ginger Beer Mocktail Tips and Tricks
Iced drinks like the Moscow mule are often considered to be warm weather drinks. The cold copper mug and the pineapple juice we use is very summery. However, we wanted to take this tasty mocktail and tweak it a little to fit every season. Here are our tips for making ginger beer mocktails all year long.
- Winter Moscow Mule Mocktail- Use peppermint leaves for the mint and grapefruit juice in place of lime juice. T
- Fall Ginger Beer Mocktail- replace the pineapple juice with apple cider or apple juice. Garnish the drink with a cinnamon stick and enjoy. A Ginger beer apple cider mocktail sounds perfect for drinking while you watch the leaves change color or after a day of picking fresh apples in the orchard.
- Spring Ginger Beer Mocktail- Crush a few strawberries and stir them into the drink. Strawberry puree will work wonderfully, too.
- Summer Moscow Mule- Make our recipe as is, using fresh pineapple juice. A pineapple wedge garnish is the perfect finishing touch.
There are so many ways to make this yummy mocktail that you can surely drink it all year long and never get bored. We know we have been sipping our ginger beer mocktails and only want more!
Give this tasty, simple mocktail a try and you will love it. You don’t need alcoholic drinks to have a fun, flavorful beverage in your hand. Enjoy!
You Asked, We’re Answering
We know that you may have some questions about our easy ginger beer mocktail so we decided to answer some frequently asked questions right here. We hope that the answers will help you make a wonderful, non-alcoholic drink.
Can kids drink ginger beer?
Ginger beer does not contain alcohol so it is safe for kids to drink. It is a perfect beverage for anyone of any age! It can be a little spicy so warn your kids before they take their first sip!
Is ginger beer alcoholic or non alcoholic?
Ginger beer is a non alcoholic drink. The word “beer” in the title does suggest that it has alcohol but this is incorrect. There is no alcohol in a regular can of ginger beer.
Is ginger beer good to drink alone?
Ginger beer can be enjoyed alone. However, we far prefer the taste of ginger beer when it is diluted a little with other juices and mix-ins. It makes a great base flavor for a mocktail but can be very potent when consumed on its own.
What does ginger beer taste like?
Ginger beer has a slightly spicy, citrusy taste. It is made from fresh ginger root, water and sugar giving it a little sweetness and a little spice.